Archived Beauty TM Expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it’s hard. Do your stores sample on Friday, Saturday and Sunday? We are expected to push truck, sample, research, etc. Also, at my store we not only push cosmetics but we push skincare, face wash, eye care, etc. Do your stores do that as well? I feel as though the flow team should do the push for everything else except cosmetics. It makes it hard to get anything done on heavy truck days!

If you are keyed as beauty you should be at 11.50

Also according to best practice beauty is not supposed to backstock.

Curious since I’m a beauty TL. Where am I able to look up best practices for beauty? I want to ensure my team is taken care of. My boss is new in his role so a lot of times I come here for help. I just want to make sure I’m doing everything correctly. Thank you!

Also according to best practice beauty is not supposed to backstock.

I'm with you on that, just try to get anyone else in my store on board with it, too (and I have tried).

Yes, it’s hard. Do your stores sample on Friday, Saturday and Sunday? We are expected to push truck, sample, research, etc. Also, at my store we not only push cosmetics but we push skincare, face wash, eye care, etc. Do your stores do that as well? I feel as though the flow team should do the push for everything else except cosmetics. It makes it hard to get anything done on heavy truck days!

We probably don't sample as religiously as we are supposed to, but yes, there is sampling. We also have a sales tracker that we are supposed to use to record any product at all that we help or convince a guest to purchase. Sampling was pushed super hard (as I'm sure you know) during the holidays. We mainly just have to take care of cosmetic freight, but it is a daily occurrence that I have to take care of anything Flow didn't finish (including backstock), since they drop everything and leave a minute before they are scheduled to leave. So that can leave anywhere from 1-3 regular shopping carts of additional product to put out, hoping there isn't a flat or tub of backstock sitting haphazardly in my stockroom to put away, too. Yeesh! I agree that it makes it quite difficult to get anything truly done.

I've been a Beauty TM since they started doing End To End. I mostly work in the mornings on truck days and push all the Beauty freight which was a decent transition since I came from Flow originally. At first things were going okay since most of the TLs and TMs left me alone to focus on pushing truck. I would either get all the truck stuff done or leave very little for the Beauty person that comes in after me at night. Then after a couple months, they told me that in addition, they also want me to respond to calls, backup, do reshop, and pulls. So I started doing that, even though I am very Introverted and don't like talking to people, but I thought I could handle it. That meant not getting as much of the truck stuff done.

Now on top of that, they started us on some new training and want us to focus more on upsale for the cosmetics. One of the higher ups came in a week ago and complained that I wasn't talking to every single guest and was too "task focused." I guess he said that about others people in the store too. When I think about everything they want us to do, the list is getting quite long.

I'm going to be honest, I often ignore some calls for backup because if I responded to every one, I wouldn't get very much of the truck done.

Our beauty freight is getting larger and larger. On average I'm getting about 20 repacks. But some days it can be up to 30 and I'll be lucky if I get any extra help.

I'm the only one that is pushing the majority of it from 8am to 3pm. So they want me to balance push these repacks, responding to calls for beauty, respond to backup, go to their huddles which last 30-60 minutes, go to their cart parties, push pulls and reshop, and actively sell cosmetics to guests in my area.

It's too much! All of this in one shift is simply too much.

Some members of the regular sales floor team act like I'm being a slacker when I don't go for backup or take calls, but they don't have 20 repacks to push like I do.

What do they want, quality or quantity?

Does anyone else agree?
My store is the same way! We get no help from anything and they expect us to finish everything every night. On top of that the flow team lead keeps trying to push her pharmacy repacks and autofills on us every morning. I was the only team member in beauty in the beginning of the transition. I worked 40 hours a week 8-4:30 everyday but Tuesday. It’s was crazy now we have a larger team. But when all the weight was on me it was ridiculous. And then our etl would get pissed if I didn’t finish. Not mention I’m also 8 months pregnant

Is anyone else's store requiring Beauty TMs to NEVER leave their section? I have to pull someone from softlines to cover all my breaks (which I kind of get, but then it leaves softlines with less manpower and they're really behind so they HATE coming over), and I'm also supposed to call someone from the back room for EVERYTHING (come pick up the backstock/this 2-tier full of trash/can you bring me some keeper boxes for the eyelashes etc). It's really annoying for everyone else and it's really not making me any friends haha.

It's also preventing us from doing our jobs efficiently and WELL because we can't go to our own stockroom unless you want to do it before/after your shift (because we only have 1 TM working there at a time). I NEVER get my pulls for the day because no one tells me they are in the backroom and I can't go back there during the day to check. If I need to put out more false lashes, I have to wait until my breaks or after my shift to go get keepers from the stockroom before I can put them on the floor. I've found salesplanners that were supposed to be put out like 2 weeks ago that I didn't know existed because they were backstocked in the stockroom (we also can't do our own backstock OR pulls, so I don't know how I'm supposed to get anything I need) and no one from plano or flow alerted me that there was something that needed to be set. Also, backroom is super busy and they can't always come get our stuff (which I understand! But then it makes me look like my department is messy). I'll call for them to come get the 2-tiers of trash/backstock and itll be 5 hours before they come, or I end up waiting til after my shift and doing it all myself, which means I don't get out of there til 20 minutes after I'm supposed to leave.

Like, I'm TRYING to do my job well, but this restriction of keeping us tied to like 6 aisles is really not helping. Other departments are busy and they shouldn't have to take time out of their day to come bring me a box of products to push, when I could just take the 2 minutes to do it myself. I get that they want to prevent theft, but trust me, having someone in beauty 24/7 will not accomplish that.

Someone should be bringing beauty the pulls from the BR. It's not difficult. Our main BR person just does the pull, and leaves it in an out-of-the-way place in Beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back