Archived Beauty TM Expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a Beauty TM since they started doing End To End. I mostly work in the mornings on truck days and push all the Beauty freight which was a decent transition since I came from Flow originally. At first things were going okay since most of the TLs and TMs left me alone to focus on pushing truck. I would either get all the truck stuff done or leave very little for the Beauty person that comes in after me at night. Then after a couple months, they told me that in addition, they also want me to respond to calls, backup, do reshop, and pulls. So I started doing that, even though I am very Introverted and don't like talking to people, but I thought I could handle it. That meant not getting as much of the truck stuff done.

Now on top of that, they started us on some new training and want us to focus more on upsale for the cosmetics. One of the higher ups came in a week ago and complained that I wasn't talking to every single guest and was too "task focused." I guess he said that about others people in the store too. When I think about everything they want us to do, the list is getting quite long.

I'm going to be honest, I often ignore some calls for backup because if I responded to every one, I wouldn't get very much of the truck done.

Our beauty freight is getting larger and larger. On average I'm getting about 20 repacks. But some days it can be up to 30 and I'll be lucky if I get any extra help.

I'm the only one that is pushing the majority of it from 8am to 3pm. So they want me to balance push these repacks, responding to calls for beauty, respond to backup, go to their huddles which last 30-60 minutes, go to their cart parties, push pulls and reshop, and actively sell cosmetics to guests in my area.

It's too much! All of this in one shift is simply too much.

Some members of the regular sales floor team act like I'm being a slacker when I don't go for backup or take calls, but they don't have 20 repacks to push like I do.

What do they want, quality or quantity?

Does anyone else agree?

Wtf? At my store we have dedicated members on Flow team that does all of cosmetics and HBA.. Beauty team members start day off at my store doing reshop/research and then they pull their own batches, fill, backstock, and help guests. That's rediculous that they expect you to push truck and do all of that.. also isn't freight supposed to be done by the time the store opens 'in theory'?!

Our fitting room, beauty and electronics areas are to be staffed at all times. ergo - no (or very little) cashiering, responding to fast service calls or participating in huddles.

:rolleyes:

Beauty shouldn't be backup cashiering. Can't respond to a call box from a register...

I'm an introvert as well and when I started I was MORTIFIED of guest interaction but once you get a decent hold on a new routine or additional tasks asking a quick "Can I help you find something, good morning, are you doing okay, need anything" is second nature.

Your huddles last 30-60 minutes???? Really?

What do they talk about? And, if everyone is at Huddle for 30+ minutes, who's helping the guests in the store?

Your situation sounds exactly how my old store has been for years and then e2e just dropped an atomic bomb on us with even more responsibilities. I hate to say it but they really do expect both things from you, quantity AND quality. If you focus on one, they will demand the other and at the end of the day they will expect both. I don't have an answer to what to do, my solution was to just quit after 15 years at my store. I couldn't handle being split into 2-4 different people all day long anymore.

I'm a beauty e2e tm too and the expectations vs reality are two different things. My team consists of me and one other tm to push 20+repacks not to forget the extra cosmetics push on top of that which is an extra 5+ boxes of branded makeup daily. And we still have to push the autopulls do the research, push those batches, service every guest set salesplanners fill end caps, zone and since they lock up lashes we have to unlock them and take them up to the cashier for the guest. Not to forget we have the dcode and pogs to do as well. We have to smash our own cardboard and complete our go backs and defects all by the time we clock out too. Then the closer comes in to just zone and service guests but yet we all get paid the same. I have 16 isles of A block that are considered beauty from cosmetics all the way up to shampoo/cond. I used to be instocks but i guess since instocks is no longer a position at my store i have to be grateful to get 38 hrs a wk and deal with it. My leadership thinks all those expectations can be done daily but in reality and as a high volume store after servicing every guest I'd be lucky to at least complete the push plus the research.

What do they talk about? And, if everyone is at Huddle for 30+ minutes, who's helping the guests in the store?
5 minutes is huddle, the rest of the time is pushing truck freight or pulls in an area that's behind. My store does it all the time (not usually longer than 30 minutes though).

Smart huddles. Very common at my store, too. We usually push freight, CAFS, zone, check for out dates, or do an activity like clear out Mini Seasonal so POG can reset it the next day.

We talk for about 10 mins and then they always send us over to market to help push their truck items for about another 20 mins or so.

I'm a beauty e2e tm too and the expectations vs reality are two different things. My team consists of me and one other tm to push 20+repacks not to forget the extra cosmetics push on top of that which is an extra 5+ boxes of branded makeup daily. And we still have to push the autopulls do the research, push those batches, service every guest set salesplanners fill end caps, zone and since they lock up lashes we have to unlock them and take them up to the cashier for the guest. Not to forget we have the dcode and pogs to do as well. We have to smash our own cardboard and complete our go backs and defects all by the time we clock out too. Then the closer comes in to just zone and service guests but yet we all get paid the same. I have 16 isles of A block that are considered beauty from cosmetics all the way up to shampoo/cond. I used to be instocks but i guess since instocks is no longer a position at my store i have to be grateful to get 38 hrs a wk and deal with it. My leadership thinks all those expectations can be done daily but in reality and as a high volume store after servicing every guest I'd be lucky to at least complete the push plus the research.

Yes to all this.

Also another Beauty E2E flaw is getting our shifts swapped or taken is virtually impossible. I'm the ONLY beauty tm that isn't in school. They keep trying to schedule me on days I already told them I am unavailable, and they refuse to approve anyone who is not a trained Beauty TM that wants to take my shift. They told me because they are afraid we'll have a visitor who will ask the untrained TM questions they aren't prepared to answer.

The other day my boss kinda got on me about ignoring backup calls. When I when up there, I was on register for 20 mins before they let me off of my lane. That's also part of why I don't like it. They call for backup about at least 10-15 times during my shift and whenever I go up there, I get stuck there for way longer than I intended and I always get terrible guests.

Also another Beauty E2E flaw is getting our shifts swapped or taken is virtually impossible.

Lol the beauty tms at my store complained about this. We hired 3 and so now we have 7 and they went from 40 hours a week to about 20. Be careful what you wish for.

Yeah we started hiring seasonal flow and now the veteran TMs are getting beans in hours which is not making them happy. Hire more give less hours. Makes tons of sense...
Another veteran TM and I were just talking about this today. Also, that certain TMs see their hours cut (truck, sales floor) but others, including beauty, seem to get more hours. And then they wonder why some of us get more hours at other jobs and so are unavailable to fill in when there are call-offs. Gotta to pay the bills somehow.

It is SO GOOD to know that it just isn't me who is dealing with these issues... plus, when I transferred stores, I went from a store in the top 5 in the district to one that is... well I don't even know what kind of ranking they have. Now that they have me who knows even kinda of what's going on, the Front Valley TL is being pulled to do everything else in the store and he can only check in with me 2-3 times a day as he walks past. I'm essentially running the dept and as someone else mentioned, getting the same pay as new hires (even though I was hired on at $10 and now Target raised start pay to $11???? Correct me if I'm wrong). We only have TWO TMs (including myself) who work beauty, because people keep quitting/being fired for no-show. They use random people in the store to "train" for beauty so they can close. I come back the next morning to hardly a zone and no backstock done. PLUS, there was a point in time where I was expected to push not only beauty freight, but all of HBA. I think the most repacks I had in one day was ~64. There was no way I could achieve everything they wanted me to and I felt a seesaw of incompetence and overwhelmed (to make it even better, we were told to keep the fact we pushed all HBA freight at a hush and to never say anything about it to district/corp visitors).

So now Flow is doing the freight that isn't beauty, complain about it, and don't even backstock things in the correct fill groups and I am the one being spoken to about it. Most of these people leave by the time I take my first 15. I have resorted to leaving very spelled out signs in my backroom about what must go where (but that doesn't help the gross amount of baffles and ghosts I still get). Been feeling very undervalued! I realize now the truth behind companies seeing employees as just bodies. I need more bodies working my dept at the same time. I can't rip myself into 8 different TMs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back