Archived Beauty Tm to Starbucks TM- GSA

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have worked at target for about 8 months now. I started working in Beauty and then I was cross trained into Starbucks and basically haven’t left. I was then trained to be the AST of Starbucks so I became my Starbucks TLs right hand man. I was recently asked if I wanted to become a GSA and I am impulsive and didn’t think it through and kind of just said yes as soon as my STL asked me. I still have Starbucks shifts and have only had 1/3of my GSA training shifts and am already scheduled to close GSA by myself on next weeks schedule.

I’m nervous because I have barely any experience on the lanes. I have no service desk experience so I’m just scared about not knowing what to do!!

Anyone have any advice on how I can go about being more comfortable in my new GSA position?
I will really only be the closing GSA because I go to school full time on top of working 30+ hrs a week

At my store GSA training involves cashier training (if they haven't had it), guest service training, and GSA training. It probably won't seem like enough (at least at my store it isn't, you have 2 weeks to learn 3 different work centers) but ask questions. Your GSTMs should know GS better than you, so partner with them when your lanes are slower or they need back up to learn more about the service desk.

It's really a job where you learn as you go. Not a lot of training is necessary, you will learn to make decisions. Be confident and don't be afraid to ask a leader for help, the LOD should always keep a close eye on the front as that is our lasting impression on guest.

training for gsa is weird. the biggest thing for me was watching to see what my other gsas/gstls did before and learn from them. i took what i liked and changed what i didn’t like or wasn’t comfortable with. it was probably easier for me though because i went from cashier/ sco to guest service to gsa, so i’ve been watching the gsas/ gstls for awhile.

the no service desk experience is tricky. i’d try to find some seasoned service desk tms and ask them about processes up there and get to know what they like/ dislike. it’s important to have a strong backbone up there and not override the gstms when they are just following policy. also, try to have open communication with the other gstls/ gsas. they have been my biggest help and support system.

Be fair. Try to make sure your decisions are aligned with other GSAs and GSTLs. I wish my store could be more like that because I find myself in hard situations because our 2 GSTLs are on two completely different sides of the spectrum when it comes to how far they are willing to go to make guests happy when it comes to things like the return policy.

They only gave me 3 GSA training shifts. My last one is tomorrow and then next week I’m scheduled to close GSA by myself. I asked my hr ETL for one more shift at the service she said to spend an hour at the service desk everyshift, but the last two shifts the store had been slow so I learned nothing.

They only gave me 3 GSA training shifts. My last one is tomorrow and then next week I’m scheduled to close GSA by myself. I asked my hr ETL for one more shift at the service she said to spend an hour at the service desk everyshift, but the last two shifts the store had been slow so I learned nothing.
Team up with the GSTM’s as they can be a wealth of knowledge regarding GS policies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back