Archived Becoming new TL of pfresh/market/consumables

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post here so please bear with me :)

Anyways, I went through the TL training a month or 2 ago and my STL and my store's ETLs were all very supportive of me being a TL. As of now I'm working presentation and before that I was on flow. The TL of pricing has had issues and has talked about leaving or transferring but thats been a few months and shes still here. They were originally going to make me her backup for when she left but she hasnt. The TL of the front end left on LOA in that time and now the market TL will be moving up front leaving market TL-less. This is where I apparently come in.

They asked me if I would be interested which I wasnt overly thrilled about, but they said the position came with a higher pay increase and a better possibility of upward growth than a presentaion/plano TL.

My questions(s) are is this true? Also, have I gotten myself in too deep? Ive heard a lot of bad things about that area and I know its hard to find people that want to work it and are actually capable of doing the job. I'm extremely motivated and enjoy a challenge but I dont want to feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle...any advice or tips would be :) thanks!

This is my first post here so please bear with me :)

Anyways, I went through the TL training a month or 2 ago and my STL and my store's ETLs were all very supportive of me being a TL. As of now I'm working presentation and before that I was on flow. The TL of pricing has had issues and has talked about leaving or transferring but thats been a few months and shes still here. They were originally going to make me her backup for when she left but she hasnt. The TL of the front end left on LOA in that time and now the market TL will be moving up front leaving market TL-less. This is where I apparently come in.

They asked me if I would be interested which I wasnt overly thrilled about, but they said the position came with a higher pay increase and a better possibility of upward growth than a presentaion/plano TL.

My questions(s) are is this true? Also, have I gotten myself in too deep? Ive heard a lot of bad things about that area and I know its hard to find people that want to work it and are actually capable of doing the job. I'm extremely motivated and enjoy a challenge but I dont want to feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle...any advice or tips would be :) thanks!

I am a PA (Pretty much would be your hands if you were MY CTL. I can tell you that being CTL is probably the hardest TL position in the store. I have literally had my ETL's tell me this is where they "see TL's go to die." I totally agree. I think as your first TL position however they would throw you way more than a bone to help you out, as all the TLs I have had came from being TLs in other areas.

Whether you should take it or not, depends on a lot, how many CTLs has your store had over the past 2 years can say quite a bit.

More importantly, how are the PA's over there? They will be the ones who are actually running the department (if your store is like mine), if you have awesome PA's your job will be much easier so make sure they are about as trained as you are if you except.

The GOOD thing about being a CTL however, is if you can be successful as one, you can be successful at doing anything in the damn store. (I honestly think being a good CTL is harder than most ETL jobs)

1) my first words of advice would be make friends and keep your PAs close create a, its us against the world mentality with your PAs and you will be a success, because quite frankly that is exactly what it is.

The positive side of working Market is, you will never, ever, ever.. be bored.. IMO however, ALL CTL's should have been prior PA's or equivalent (I have gone through 3 CTLs in about 1 1/2 years.

Last edited:
I don't know how big your store is, but I'd say consumables, with the right routines, can be the easiest area to maintain. You just need to have a solid relationship with your pa's, and good routines around controlling/working with your vendors. With that the rest comes pretty easy. Since we've become a pfresh store our CTL's have been able to spend more time throughout the store than in just strictly consumables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back