Archived Being Overworked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt88

Team Member
I have been working as a team member in the meat department since June. I have always thought I have been overworked, but I have never really looked into it. I usually close and when I do, I am expected to do pulls for meat, dairy, and frozen. I am expected to zone meat, dairy, and frozen. I am also expected to keep certain meat products replenished. On top of that, I am expected to do the Qmos for meat, dairy, and frozen. I am a very hard worker and I think I am really good with time management, but I always feel like I struggle to get everything done in time. I some how usually get it done, but barely, and I feel so overwhelmed sometimes. Can someone please tell me if I am being overworked or is this normal for the meat department?

I think that is pretty standard for working over there. I've never worked over there, but I've heard my other coworkers explain what they typically do everyday and that is about what you said. If you're feeling overwhelmed, talk to whoever is in charge of the meat department for some tips, and if it gets to be too much, maybe ask if they give you some shifts in a different department just to balance it out, like do some cashiering, sales floor, pulls, etc. If it's just too much, maybe find a different work center altogether and see if anything else interests you. I know that department is probably the most overwhelming because it's just you and you're responsible for everything in the meat department. You'll be fine and get better at it, hope this helps!

Welcome to The Break Room.
From what I've been reading that seems to be pretty standard.
Not fair certainly but standard.
I think Spot does it's best to get an unnatural amount of work of its TM.

I'm a PA, and increased responsibilities with less time/compensation is basically the standard all around over in consumables. Join the club! Its not as bad if you have a good TL and an efficient team around you...

doing meat, dariy ,and frozen and qmos is a dream... I have to keep pushing truck that is left over and backstock the coolers. You are lucky and should be happy that is all you have to do.

My Team lead does absolutely nothing... I was promoted to PA, 2 months ago and my left foot has actually done more than I think he has... At this point it seems like it is me and my other PA (who has been here longer and I would literally be lost without, who are actually literally keeping this ship afloat... the only problem is, is that we both work together extremely well which is the scaffolding for the facade that my Target's market section is... (We are near top in our District and that was built on his and my tears.) Be lucky you have a good TL in market if you do..

doing meat, dariy ,and frozen and qmos is a dream... I have to keep pushing truck that is left over and backstock the coolers. You are lucky and should be happy that is all you have to do.
Same. We never have enough people for truck days. Typically to get frozen & dairy done is a good day and then us PA's are stuck with a million things of produce. Especially if it's a weekend truck. Ooof. So much produce.
And we have to beg the backroom TLs to get anyone to go in the dairy cooler & freezer to backstock.

My Team lead does absolutely nothing...

your team lead does more than you realize.... I'm a PA, you might not see it or work opposite them. They are in charge of ALL of groceries, including dry groceries all 40 aisles. They have to set salesplanners SPL's for all of dry groceries about 40 every month !! And call vendors, interact with vendors on a daily basis. This is just 2 things you probably were not aware of that they did. Our TL has us set 5 to 6 SPL's (Endcaps) in dairy and frozen every month, that same TL does the rest of dry gorceries. So next time you see your TL thank them for setting salesplanners, please

@OP, in my old store (a super target) those were the expectations for whoever worked in meat. I don't think they had to zone frozen though (there were usually 2 dry grocery team members at night).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back