Archived Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sick leave is no go with tm's. Only tl's & higher.
Ice, you be should be able to 401k.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with pay grade. I'm an HR team member (PG7) and I have Vacation, Personal Holiday, AND sick time. But, as I said, they accumulate MUCH slower than team leaders.

My partner, however, was recently a PG3, and he accumulated Vacation and Sick time, but NOT Personal Holiday.

We had a tm that had moved here from NY and had sick leave saved up. We don't have it in our state but they did there. He was told that while he wouldn't accrue anymore he could use what he already had.

oooohhhh! We're both in NY. I didn't know sick time was different state to state!

HR King, I'm an HR TM from NY as well. If you look at the old paper time off forms where it states state sick time, it lists the states that have it. Besides NY the only other state I can recall is Washington. There were a couple of others I think.

HR King, I'm an HR TM from NY as well. If you look at the old paper time off forms where it states state sick time, it lists the states that have it. Besides NY the only other state I can recall is Washington. There were a couple of others I think.

I think CA and RI were some of the others. I know that within the last month or two, the CT legislature just passed a law mandating paid sick time. I'm not sure when that takes effect though. I think the law will permit up to 40 hours of sick time per year.

I think CA and RI were some of the others. I know that within the last month or two, the CT legislature just passed a law mandating paid sick time. I'm not sure when that takes effect though. I think the law will permit up to 40 hours of sick time per year.

It starts in Janurary 2012:thumbsup:

I haven't heard anything about that, good news though. Apparently it starts in January of 2012 as per flowslave ^ :thumbsup:

Login to targetpayandbenfits.com for info on 401k, pay, & vacation from spot.
Phone numbers are:
Team member services center(tmsc)
800-394-1885
Benefits
800-828-5850
Hq crisis hotline
866-235-2782
Store crisis hotline - weather closures, etc
800-888-0333 - enter your store or dc# for status

Benefit questions (health, life, dental, optical, prescription, 401k, pension, EDCP, LOA, STD, LTD, etc) are all handled at the Target Benefits Center 800-828-5850. Average hours questions can also be asked there, or at the TMSC 800-394-1885. Plus you can see your Avg Hrs on your electronic paystubs, as well as on your paper paystubs.

Yes, sick pay is only offered in states that legislatively require that employers offer it. NY, CA, NJ, CT, HI I believe there might be one or two more, and there used to be many others but Republican led governors, and state houses and senates have rolled back these benefits to employees. The amount of sick pay can vary state to state. I believe CA gives the most, I believe it's 48 hours max per year, with a max accrual of 260 hours! While Target doesn't offer "Sick Pay" in every state, they do offer free STD = Short Term Disability, which is where hourly employees get a certain percentage of their hourly wage (between 50-75% depending on years of service and job title held) Exempt/Salary employees get 100% of the wage for STD. Then there is something called "Same Day Sick Pay" That's where if you come in and work half your shift but then feel too sick to work anymore, they will pay 100% of your hourly rate for the remainer of your shift. There is also another benefit called Personal Emergency Pay (sorry, not available to TM or SPEC employees) where you can get up to 4 hours of pay for personal emergencies. Again, not available to all though.
oooohhhh! We're both in NY. I didn't know sick time was different state to state!

With enrollment coming up, I have a question. I would like to keep my 401k for now, until I can transfer it over to my new job's account (when it starts in March). Anyway, if I do NOT want ANY medical/dental benefits this year, is there anything I need to do, or not do? All I want this time is just my 401k, as I will be getting benefits from my new job in March. I currently have the basic PPO/Dental plan, for myself only.

yes, this year everyone has to enroll (or you in case, cancel) benefits. You should get a benefit packette and inside of it are all the directions and explanations on what is expected this year. Basically you will go onto the targetpayandbenefits website and elect to cancel your coverage (except the 401k) Best of luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back