Archived bereavement pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if when someone takes bereavement time off you get the 40 hours or is it just pay for what you were suppose to work?

My other stores just pay you for the shifts you miss. My current store gives you the exact hours you qualify for no matter what you are scheduled.

Last edited:
You only get a set amount of hours....ir at least that's what I was told. I do know that their are factors that determine how many hours you get...if you have to travel ( I think its more than 250 miles) for the funeral etc...then you would receive more paid time than if it was local. If the person who passed away was a close family member you get a set amount of hours....versus a close friend etc...which I think is only four hours. So, I would talk to e h r about it for sure.

I've gotten it. Over 250miles, 3 days full pay for an inlaw, 5 days full pay for a an immediate family member. I ended up getting more pay than I was scheduled to work. Also received nice flowers. My store takes care of tm during bad times, also plenty of time off to deal with estate issues. There are some things my store does right!

I was taken care of when it happened.. month off work, they paid out full days, even though I never had to travel.. No questions. When the benefit ended they cashed out my vacation.. So I was paid for about three weeks of it.. Parent passed..

If you have health insurance through spot you will have to pay your portion of the premium directly.. At least I did a couple years ago..

One of our newer kids lost her fiance & only got a day's pay (lived together in town) so our FA/SB team passed the hat to scrape together a little to help her pay bills.

One of our newer kids lost her fiance & only got a day's pay (lived together in town) so our FA/SB team passed the hat to scrape together a little to help her pay bills.
That's the spot spirit I remember from way back

Unfortunately cause I have lived through that one without a marriage license not much will be done. It truly sucks, but not cause they hate her. Its just the way it is.

We pay based on what you qualify for not your working schedule. On a side note, worked for T for over 15 years as TL of multiple areas. When my Dad died, they tried to only paid me for the actual funeral day. When my mom passed away I didn't get so much as a condolence card. Kind of sealed my opinion of them

Does anyone know if when someone takes bereavement time off you get the 40 hours or is it just pay for what you were suppose to work?
You have to work for Target for over 1 year to get that type of pay. If you're are under a year its just like a call out which is not paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back