Archived Best and worst team lead positions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would assume our store has a PMT but being new and on the sales floor I haven't met them. I get the feeling that the PMT position is one that you don't notice if they do their job well but notice very much if they don't...

We work Monday through Friday 6 to 230 and have grey shirts and black pants, honestly it would be hard not to notice them. Unless you dont work those hours, you wont ever see em

Flow - Hard. Never know the size of the truck(s). Get it done anyway. You will be the whipping boy for the store. Overstocked? Flow did it. Overspent? Flow. Crew is "eclectic". Have a call off or 2 or 3 or 4? Doesn't matter, no one to call at 3AM. Deal with it and get it done. Job is much like corralling cats

You can't win...

We work Monday through Friday 6 to 230 and have grey shirts and black pants, honestly it would be hard not to notice them. Unless you dont work those hours, you wont ever see em

That would explain it. I'm an evenings/weekend person and have only been in that early on a couple of Saturdays.

Market tl isn't bad.

Food service tl isn't bad. (Starbucks and cafe)

Having all 3 like at low volume stores is absolute he'll
Not bad when fully staffed or not having call out issues. For Starbucks, shutting down is not an option (at least in my area). If caught being shut down, we can get a non-compliance from Starbucks and fined for breaking the agreement.

Outside of that, Starbucks isn't too terrible.........

“All you do is walk around”

“Yup. That’s all I do.”

If you don’t see me just walking around then something is wrong lol
“dO yOu hAVE gAMeS oN uR IPAd?!?”

No, but I have Pandora, and I don’t care if you don’t like what I’m listening to.

“All you do is walk around”

“Yup. That’s all I do.”

If you don’t see me just walking around then something is wrong lol

“dO yOu hAVE gAMeS oN uR IPAd?!?”

No, but I have Pandora, and I don’t care if you don’t like what I’m listening to.

But dont worry, when one little thing goes wrong, its the end of the world and is your fault, but we do nothing though.

The one I'd want to deal with the most is Sbux or Food Ave. You have one area of the store. One small little area.

I'd put Starbucks as easier. Ours ignores cafe, and usually has double coverage in SB between 9 and 6. Weekends 3 at times. Such small space to oversee. Yet they can't get their order guide tied so it is off TWT.

I'd put Starbucks as easier. Ours ignores cafe, and usually has double coverage in SB between 9 and 6. Weekends 3 at times. Such small space to oversee. Yet they can't get their order guide tied so it is off TWT.

Cafe is a joke. Our Lods don't even check the logs over there.

The reason it's a crappy job is the lack of job security. Let's see how long they last!

I woke my husband up laughing at this

From guests screaming at you for some bullshit, cashiers not doing their job right, worrying about breaks and call outs, then registers going down, calling the fucking Help Desk... oh and did I forget to mention... them damn guests... thankfully as a PMT I dont deal with guests on that level, because I'd be jobless in a heartbeat.

No love, or hate, for APTL?
I'm sure it depends on the size of your team, like @HRZone said about HRTL. With a huge team and an ETL, it would be fairly easy.
Small team, just you and maybe a TPS if you're lucky, hellish. Worried about internal and external theft, internal processes that other teams may/may not give two shits about, and your headaches could never end. Add on top being the one responsible for keeping the store safe ad secure, you'd be the one called upon to deal with Crazy.

Fact is, every spot is easy when things are going smoothly. Whether things are going smoothly changes from store to store. I’d love GSTL right now. Seems, and is, really easy. Whenever this kind of thing gets brought up on here, a GSA is always quick to list what they do in a day. I’m sorry, but speed weaving doesn’t compare to 90% of the things the rest of the store deals with.

Again though, maybe it’s more difficult in other stores. That’s just how it is at mine.

I'm sure it depends on the size of your team, like @HRZone said about HRTL.

This was my thinking. Probably most TMs don't ever see an APTL or know that that's what they are even if they do have 'em.

It's just "oh that's our AP guy," etc.

If you have a strong and great team whom you can depend on while you’re there or not. I think GSTL or Salesfloor-Hardlines are two great positions. As for worst, probably food service/ SB. As having experience there, you need to be independent, you rarely get any help from any peers or leadership -at least that’s how it was with me, ETLs caring about supporting other areas or if steritech was there, God forbid anything wasn’t in order..I managed well, but longed to be elsewhere.

The one I'd want to deal with the most is Sbux or Food Ave. You have one area of the store. One small little area.
So, that’s actually the reason the leadership overlooks sbux/cafe. Its a small area ,but it requires more attention to detail than any other area of the store.
Keeping detailed logs of everyday, making sure everything is dated, that the guest get the exact drink or food item they expect to get at all sbux/cafe in any target, ordering and then managing that inventory. Making sure that you have the right amount of food , untenciles? Cups and other equipment to run a “straight up smooth” operation. Thats alot, now with a focused team all if that is achieved with relative ease..... but you know how it goes when it come to assembling a dream team, at target.
Now,
For you softlines TLs how often are you worried that an “ expired tshirt” is on the floor?
Or,
Electronics TL how often do you have to order more *insert a new hip thing-a-magigy* or go to a nearby target and borrow some, cause your order didnt come in.
GSTL, how concerned are you about your cashier not washing his/her hands after touching monies.
I think only CTL/market sbux tls, know what i am talking about...
I guess in closing, I will quote Christoper Columbus, who said “ its not the size of the boat, its the motion of the ocean”? I think.

I'm sure it depends on the size of your team, like @HRZone said about HRTL. With a huge team and an ETL, it would be fairly easy.
Small team, just you and maybe a TPS if you're lucky, hellish. Worried about internal and external theft, internal processes that other teams may/may not give two shits about, and your headaches could never end. Add on top being the one responsible for keeping the store safe ad secure, you'd be the one called upon to deal with Crazy.
As a solo APTL I can confirm that it is indeed hell a majority of the time.

I've been in logistics for years now and I'd say the worst would be flow, best would be backroom.

I think I wouldn't mind market, though.

Guest service seems easy as hell as long as you can play punching bag for grumpy guests.

Not bad when fully staffed or not having call out issues. For Starbucks, shutting down is not an option (at least in my area). If caught being shut down, we can get a non-compliance from Starbucks and fined for breaking the agreement.

Outside of that, Starbucks isn't too terrible.........

at my store:
"sorry, but we're having technical difficulties right now. we're working hard to fix them and should be back up and running [WHEN TM'S BREAK ENDS]." offer the guest a free drink when they come back and most people won't complain. blame it on POS or something that's not explicitly Starbucks related, and you can't really control when stuff breaks so it's not like you CLOSED Starbucks

at my store:
"sorry, but we're having technical difficulties right now. we're working hard to fix them and should be back up and running [WHEN TM'S BREAK ENDS]." offer the guest a free drink when they come back and most people won't complain. blame it on POS or something that's not explicitly Starbucks related, and you can't really control when stuff breaks so it's not like you CLOSED Starbucks

Haha the problem with Starbucks is they get the stuckup suburban mom's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back