Archived Best middle finger to Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a Starbucks TL who went on a leave and was caught by a coworker working another job. Coworker reported her and she got fired. A week or two later she got her own Starbucks store making more than she ever had at Target.

Any other stories like this?

I got pics.
2832214342_3da16cb780_o.jpg

Hey! I'll zone the tampons and pads if you guys come zone the baby food... :wink2:

Im confused you actually have people zoning your store? God that would make instocks easier. lol

That pic is from early 2009 at the latest. Back when we had people on the floor.

I don't hate A23 and A24 because of their contents, but because of how awful the zone is.

Indeed. And I absolutely hate zoning the baby food. Glass is BAD and pulling forward all those little jars is a royal pain...

I got pics.
2832214342_3da16cb780_o.jpg

I could be wrong, but to me, it looks more like the middle finger is directed at you for taking a picture of him while he zones the feminine hygiene aisle. Just my interpretation though. . .but seriously, that is an OLD picture. wow. Makes me miss the old days.

I'm all for the freedom of speech, etc, but you probably are going to have to be a little more tactful, literally using pictures with fingers isn't necessarily the best decision to get people on your side of the argument. I totally understand being upset, being disappointed, being disenchanted, the list goes on, but working in a more useful way like as a unifed group to voice your grievances, is probably a better way to go. Use the programs that exist, Let Us Know Program, Employee Relations Hotline, Open Door Policy, Team Member Handbook, Team member Life Resources, whatever you can to get to a more positive place than you are now =)

Aren't we getting tired of an impossible workload, no hours, no help, no training, doing several jobs at once, stretched to the limit and still we are expected to have great guest service? We are the working poor and so are other retail employees. everyone talks about Walmart but Target is the same. Target gives money away to the government, advertising, racing teams, etc. but can't afford to give employees enough hours to finish their work?
Walmart employees are talking about walking out on Black Friday if things don't improve. If we want things to be better, we have to threaten the corporations bottom line.
We should walk out too.

Aren't we getting tired of an impossible workload, no hours, no help, no training, doing several jobs at once, stretched to the limit and still we are expected to have great guest service? We are the working poor and so are other retail employees. everyone talks about Walmart but Target is the same. Target gives money away to the government, advertising, racing teams, etc. but can't afford to give employees enough hours to finish their work?
Walmart employees are talking about walking out on Black Friday if things don't improve. If we want things to be better, we have to threaten the corporations bottom line.
We should walk out too.

I agree about general fatigue... it's also particularly exhausting because you think about how you do all that work for a few lousy bucks a day. But I'm not going to walk out, because I need my job right now. I got offered a better job elsewhere, but I don't know if I'll take it simply because I'm trying to hold off accepting until I find out if I've been accepted to grad school for next semester. If yes, then **** TARGET! I really hate when it gets to that point of the night where you realize: oh ****, this is my life now and I have to do it all over again tomorrow! :(

I had a Starbucks TL who went on a leave and was caught by a coworker working another job. Coworker reported her and she got fired. A week or two later she got her own Starbucks store making more than she ever had at Target.

Any other stories like this?

Not really same(I don't know if the ETL made more but they were happier at the other job)

We had an ETL go on disability leave for a few months. The ETL came back for about a week and went back on it for a couple months until we heard the ETL was fired for working another job while collecting disability from Target

I also have one non Target related one but is is the same "middle finger to the man" concept. I had a great a social studies teacher my junior year he actually made me and a dozen or more students want to take 2 social studies classes during our upcoming senior year. However towards the end of the year we found out he was among the teachers being let go(along with 3 other great teachers one of them being a Yale University graduate) Me and about a couple dozen other students showed up to at the monthly Board of Ed meeting to protest and ask the board why he and the other teachers were being fired when considering they were great teachers that were even respected by students who were deemed troublemakers by most of the staff of the school. We never got a straight answer and refused to admit it was to lower spending.(which we knew as BS because they were replaced with fresh college graduates for the lowest salary possible) Anyway I'll get to the point, we found out during our senior year that my former social studies teacher sent a letter to the head of the board of education in our town thanking him for firing him because he was earning a lot more at his new job at school in a different town :laugh2:

My friends even gave the head of the board another symbolic middle finger when he was up for re-election for the board of education and they drove around town(I live in a relatively small town) and took most of his re-election signs off of people's lawns and then even took the one off of his lawn which caused him to react by running out of his house getting in his car and chasing their car halfway across the town before they lost him :laugh2: They dumped the signs on his lawn later that night with a note telling him not to bother running for re-election because nobody likes him. He was never re-elected(which wasn't surprising because a lot of parents were angry with him for firing a bunch of great teachers from the middle and elementary schools in town too) which just added insult to injury

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back