Archived Best Team Survey Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

doxie71

Former Perishables Assistant
Well it's that time of year. Last year most of my store hadn't been here long because we only opened in March, so we had a great survey. This year I think it will be different. My question: how anonymous is it really? My store is even now scheduling times for people to go and take it which makes me nervous.

Did they change it? Can you still take it in the breakroom or whenever you want?

Don't say how long you have been at spot for starters. If you are a tl, be careful on what comments you make, at the end of the survey. If you are a tm, don't say how long you have been there on that survey too. Spot could figure you out, real quick.

It really sucks that they took the comment section from the TM survey.. When they were on scantrons it was open season... I'd like to give them a piece of my mind. That's probably why they took that part out.... They probably heard too much of the truth... Question.... does everyone elses store "bribe" team members during survey time... you know.. leaders being extra nice.. and food?

I don't care if they figure me out. Call me in and let me talk. And talk..and talk...and talk. Bring in the DTL and I'll keep talking. I GOT CALLED INTO THE TMSC TAKE THE SURVEY! WTF??? I haven't even had my review yet!

Bribes? You betcha. Always seems like they throw a little party just before or the day of the survey. I know the raises -or lack thereof- will be a factor this year at my store.

Some of that and some threats such as "there will be more visits".

Last year they didn't differentiate between BR and flow, so I was torn. I like the flow TL, but not the BR.

Go get em guys.
And for the stores that deserve it, tear them a new asshole.
If the bosses deserve it, give them lots of credit.
You want them to get all the support possible but piss all over the bad ones.

I guess if they do it the same way this year, I'll just say I work in a work center of a TL I don't like.

They say the survey is totally voluntary, you don't have to take it but they would like as much participation as possible, because our voices really do bring change, if its needed. That's a crock. voluntary, yet they start scheduling times for each of us to take it?

Last year HR approached me on the sales floor and asked if I would go take the survey before the end of my day. I looked her directly in the eye and said I'm volunteering not to take it. I don't feel it is anonymous enough, which means I don't feel like I can honestly answer the questions. Plus you say it voluntary then TMs are almost forced to take it, so no, I won't be participating.

She blurted out (not intentionally) that they want as much participation as possible, if participation is low it sends a RED FLAG to corporate and they will come investigating. Thank you for tell me that I thought to myself, I'll spread those words, and now I won't take the survey for sure.

I think if we really want to send a message, kindly say I opt out of the survey, since it is voluntary. The surveys have never brought change at my store. One yr the only change was providing the truck team with water during the unload, that lasted about six weeks, haven't seen water back there in 9 months.

Don't bother with the survey is my advice, they act like what we have to say matters, but it really doesn't.

I feel like our survey results never match our store. Not to mention, my ETL hovered behind me while I took it today. Didn't stop me from clicking all of those strongly disagreed options, though.

I was asked to take the survey today. When I walked into the HR office I asked where the bloodbath participation room was located. She did not get the pun.
All joking aside, I am sure corporate knows there are alot of angry employees because of the never ending crap they pass down to the leadership and thus down to the members.
Either way it is an opportunity for Corporate to performance out or to give leeway to the leadership, at their discretion.
I HAD THE ANGER but not the heart to answer the general questions in a way, that would hurt the in store leadership, especially the team I work with.
I was neither + or - in many answers.

Last edited:

Last year they didn't differentiate between BR and flow, so I was torn. I like the flow TL, but not the BR.

I had to leave the entire section about my TL blank because right now I don't know who my TL is.

[
index.php
:)
That was a no brainer and corporate approves.

Last edited:
I've been with spot for a year and even in that time I've seen changes for the worse. Want very much to voice my true feelings but afraid of the survey not being anonymous

I've been with spot for a year and even in that time I've seen changes for the worse. Want very much to voice my true feelings but afraid of the survey not being anonymous

It's supposed to be evaluated by an independent company, so your identity can't be compromised, blah, blah, blah.
May be true, may not.

Here's the thing though, it doesn't really matter.
Nothing on there is something that is you say to their face they can fire you for and if they mess with you when they requested honesty than you have a legal complaint.
I understand that nobody wants to go through job hassles but you understand that the system doesn't change if nobody pushes back.
Mark them as bad as you think they deserve, don't let the ETL scare you.
And as I said if they are doing a good job let Spot know.
We want the good ones to be supported.

I did not get the email with an exclusive login information this year. That alone was a reason to not take it, as you could be tracked by your dynamic login as to what your responses were.

It really sucks that they took the comment section from the TM survey.. When they were on scantrons it was open season... I'd like to give them a piece of my mind. That's probably why they took that part out.... They probably heard too much of the truth... Question.... does everyone elses store "bribe" team members during survey time... you know.. leaders being extra nice.. and food?

Food brought in for breakfast and then lunch/dinner.

Go get em guys.
And for the stores that deserve it, tear them a new asshole.
If the bosses deserve it, give them lots of credit.
You want them to get all the support possible but piss all over the bad ones.

The survey is a joke. How to you begin to answer the questions when some of the TLs are good & some are not?

LOL that's why our HR is so nice this past few days. chipotle for my team and pizza for the whole store. lol and a little approachable last week,

I had to leave the entire section about my TL blank because right now I don't know who my TL is.

Haven't had a TL in six months. I guess putting "N/A" in all of those boxes makes me stand out.

Don't say how long you have been at spot for starters. If you are a tl, be careful on what comments you make, at the end of the survey. If you are a tm, don't say how long you have been there on that survey too. Spot could figure you out, real quick.

Well said! I personally don't answer any of the optional questions which are your race or gender either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back