Archived BEST TEAM SURVEY??

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this all about? Because if I am asked, I will write an expose of this company ( while praising its employees) that will make those Jim Dandys at corporate ashamed of themselves, the cheap bastards.

It's a survey done by an independent company (or so we're told) that is supposed to give the company raw numbers as to how well the store is doing in terms of TM satisfaction.

At one time I gather they actually cared about the results, now I guess it's a bit like some of the other metrics.
If it runs red straight across the board they might be concerned but otherwise meh.
You are basically telling them what you think of your TLs and ETLs with a couple of questions that might have something to do with the company as a whole.
If those questions are still on the survey.

The BTS was mentioned at the huddle at my store...for the first time yesterday ( for this year of course). We were also told to keep in mind all of the things the leadership team had done for us....as we are filling it out . A couple of cook outs...and some doughnuts. Yes, its such a long list of what the leadership has done for me...I only hope I can remember it all when I take the survey.

I have found the worst thing in my store is to not take it. They absolutely freak out until every last person is listed somewhere as have actually filled it out. Make them track down people not taken it. Its fun to watch.

It's another one of those metrics they have to hit...like 90 or 95% of TMs have to take it. Last year, the ETL-HR gave one TM some song and dance that she couldn't take it because of the educational LOA she had taken...it was a convoluted reason. I was surprised they had me take it, to be honest!

Yup, last year they had me take it right after getting in to clean up the mess the kids and old man left me...needless to say it was not gentle.

My store keeps a list and crosses names off as they get done lol. They put in so much effort to get all those surveys in. I'm not sure why. There aren't many people with good things to say. They haven't even brought out the good bribes.

I remember the year they requisitioned candy and snacks for dayside to of course improve our mood while we took the survey, and then they went all out on overnight by buying them pizza. I understand overnight does get the short end of the stick when it comes to treats/rewards dayside gets, but I've come in many mornings at 6 or 7am seeing chips or snacks for the overnight team not sure why they got something we didn't.
Last year they didn't get the team anything for best team survey time. They were supposedly over the budget. ETLs buying too much starbucks and lunch for themselves I guess.

I like how people say they weren't allowed to take it. Take that shit in clerical, the training room, the fixture room, the break room, receiving desk, or an etl's office!

My goal is to take it at least once in each of those locations. Break room computer has been broken for over a year. No STL or ETL HR, so I shouldn't have a problem with those.

I am staying till they hire a replacement. Five softlines within a week. Not inc me, so I am hoping I get to take it. All my complaints are about corporate, not about the people I work with. I would rather handle problems in the store face to face.
My complaints are about wages, walk of shame scandal, layoffs, Canada debacle , yes to the guest policy no matter what, red card hectoring and general short sighted cheesy business practices.

Last edited:
it's just a stupid thing they force us to take so they can brag about how everyone loves working here anyways. Nothing changes and you have to waste time in a chat session a bit afterwards as your STL or whoever acts like they care. At least you get a week of food in the break room as a bribe to wash away an entire year of bullshit.

I havent even got a review yet, but I'm turning in a two week notice on monday anyways. Might as well nuke the BTS if they even let me take it.

I remember the year they requisitioned candy and snacks for dayside to of course improve our mood while we took the survey, and then they went all out on overnight by buying them pizza. I understand overnight does get the short end of the stick when it comes to treats/rewards dayside gets, but I've come in many mornings at 6 or 7am seeing chips or snacks for the overnight team not sure why they got something we didn't.
Last year they didn't get the team anything for best team survey time. They were supposedly over the budget. ETLs buying too much starbucks and lunch for themselves I guess.

Early morning at my store sometimes gets breakfast. I'll come in at like 10 and smell the pancake in the air... And feel the syrup stickiness on the tables. Then dayside gets like not quite expired/not quite stale items from p fresh. Of course I'm exaggerating as day and night teams often get things early morning doesn't get, but I still get a little jealous if the evidence of the breakfast is all over when I come in.

Last year out store did not hold any chat sessions... but the ETL-HR reported that they were over 90% completed. Anyone else encounter this? I think people called the hotline.

The questions are worded to ask specifically about your TL/ETL/STL. TM's, IIRC, don't have a space to write in opinions. TL's and above do.

In my last years with Target, some of the survey questions definitely could point out individual TMs. For example, "What work center do you work in...Sales Floor-Hardlines, Salesfloor-Softlines, Front Lanes, Food Service, Backroom..."

I was in midst of my last 2weeks when I did the last survey, so I ended up doing about 10 surveys to make some of my feelings heard.

How's the wording on team leaders? I have one who is awesome and one who is a gigantic bag of dicks. I want to say really nice things about the one and really nasty things about the other, so I'm hoping it's not all lumped into "your team leaders" because one of them does not deserve the whirlwind of shit that is going to be said about the other.

We've been getting a lot of food delivered to us these past few weeks. Their reasoning is all the hard work we are doing, a huge jump in guest satisfaction, beating our weekly RC goal, I think their maybe this underlying reason as well with BTS.

*EDIT just looked on the May calendar and we have another food delivery the day BTS starts... then soft drinks Wednesday, & cookies the 15th.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back