Archived Best Team Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
two years ago when my store was cursed with an awful stl, the stl pressured the etl's to announce at huddles that everybody had a "specific time" that they were scheduled to take the survey, and that it was "very important" that nobody deviated from the schedule.

Nobody was stupid enough not to realize that they were trying to inimidate people into thinking that if they badmouthed, they could be identified based on the time the result was submitted. Just by the fact that they kept bringing it up, by the 3rd or 4th huddle everybody was looking around at each other and joking out loud "gees I wonder what their trying to do here." Anyways, the plan didn't work and they got rocked pretty hard on the results, and of course the new etl-hr was "embarrassed" and "couldn't believe" all the 30 to 40 percent declines from the previous year. Of course though they didn't really wanna listen to our explanations at the best team survey chat session. lol

How's this comment even right when the survey didn't start until May 7th and this comment is from April 23rd?

BTS is a joke at our store. Seems like its the same issues come up each year and nothing changes. Its funny how right before the BTS all the execs start trying to communicate more in the huddles and TMSC is now covered with information about our store. If I really wanted to be mean I could just take it over and over with me real opinions on the signing PC in the back. Nobody's usually in there to hover over you.

BTS is a joke at our store. Seems like its the same issues come up each year and nothing changes. Its funny how right before the BTS all the execs start trying to communicate more in the huddles and TMSC is now covered with information about our store. If I really wanted to be mean I could just take it over and over with me real opinions on the signing PC in the back. Nobody's usually in there to hover over you.

Or in the break room/learning library where there are no cameras. lol

Then again I'm in an older store that was recently remodeled, so we still have pc's in our breakroom and a separate learning library from tmsc.

We also had to take it at a specific time ! I took it in my native language ,because I could ! But damn I wonder if they paid someone to translate the survey ! If so ,they need to get their money back !
We were told to think about now ( vs the old leadership that the tms loathed ....) ,and thruthfully , we are lucky ! Stl ,2 etl and a srtl are new ,and very liked ! They actually work alongside tms, and treat us fairly ! Of course ,nothing is perfect , but we are getting there !

Hr insisted on setting up the survey for each of us, logging in for us, entering our work area, etc. Then hovered around pretending to do tasks nearby while we were doing the survey. No anonymity here....

Hr insisted on setting up the survey for each of us, logging in for us, entering our work area, etc. Then hovered around pretending to do tasks nearby while we were doing the survey. No anonymity here....

I got lucky this year. I think I was one of the few that didn't have to take it in clerical. We have what they refer to as the GSA closet and I got to take it in there. I felt I could be more honest than in clerical.

I would have told them I was perfectly capable of doing it on my own. Plus you don't have to log in to do the survey. You just answer a few basic questions and go.

If they pushed it, I would tell them I didn't feel comfortable doing it with them hovering right over your shoulder or even in the same room. If they had anything to say after that, tell them you feel that the anonymity of the survey wasn't being handled properly and you would like the number for integrity hotline. Guarantee that will shut them up.

Thankfully my store has an etl-hr that goes exactly by the book(sometimes to the point of being annoying) but it serves us well for stuff like the BTS. She makes sure we all get our privacy while taking it.

And on the "anonymity issue"...in pharmacy, it's rather difficult to keep it truly "anonymous" because we only have 1 male, and they can identify the rest of us based on how long we've been with Target. We all decided to skip that question ;)

And on the "anonymity issue"...in pharmacy, it's rather difficult to keep it truly "anonymous" because we only have 1 male, and they can identify the rest of us based on how long we've been with Target. We all decided to skip that question ;)

Why is everyone so paranoid over a survey? (Note: quoting just one post, but the comment is directed at many)

They're not going to look at individual responses and try to match them to people. They couldn't if they wanted to--the survey isn't run by Target. It's run by a third-party. We don't get back individual responses, we get aggregates. And as for comments, they come back at a district level, not store. DTLs see the comments for their district, but they aren't broken down by store. And the DTLs are instructed to never let any STL/ETL actually see a comment under ANY circumstances, to avoid someone recognizing a writing style, etc. They are to summarize and share the whole district's comments with the whole district's leadership team.

Of course, this is just what we've been told for the past--what, decade? I guess it could be all lies, maybe they really are out to get us. Better invest in tinfoil, too, because stealing your thoughts is next on their agenda...

I plan on being honest as possible. The LOD are telling us to let them know when we take it so they know who has participated. I found that fishy! I'm not telling anyone anything. I have good things to say and bad things, like why do I have to finish x amount of rows in the zone by a certain time to talk to an ETL about a problem I had w someone or finish that amount of rows to get approval for a swap shift. Really?! Not cool

I told HR that I took the survey a few days after I actually did. That way, I get marked off as having done it, but they can't track the time.

they kept telling me to take the stupid survey....even though I did it the first day.....guess they aren't going to be able to tell when I took the survey. Unless they REALLY look at the answers.

I went into the signing room and used the training computer to do it. Round about way of making sure I wasn't being watched.

I'm kind of past the point of giving a rip if they know what I put down or not. I'd give them the same answers in person. Wish it was still in paper form I'd write an essay on it and sign the thing.

^^thirded. My level of paranoia isn't as high as some people's, I guess.

The thing with the best team survey is I've told my answers to the muckety muck's faces....nobody seems to really hear. So, I am pretty sure they know which one is my survey but everybody only seems to be concerned with day shift team members

Do they have chat sessions in your guys stores after they receive best team survey results?

yes they have them, but only because they wanna know why they were scored so low. Not because they want helpful feedback that would point them in the right directions that they need to improve in. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back