Archived Best Team Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
The BTS survey is a joke in my opinion. It just gives TM's the false sense that Target cares about you and lets us feel better by being able to vent a little. Then the ETL's have to come up with action plans to improve the negative results in the store. Problem is they post these plans and what they are going to do, then they do none of it. It seems to me that at Target execs have to come up with action plans for everything and there is never any intention of following through on these plans.

When you log in to take the BTS you have to enter your TM number. I'm guessing that this is to confirm that you do work at the store.

I did not log in to take the survey. You should not have to, either. Just click on the survey without logging in.

Nobody at my store could take it yesterday because the system was doing something funky and giving us the BTS from 2010 or something???

I do believe it will only say what work center you are in. Like if you are front-end it will say FrontEnd TM. But if you are the only HRTM obviously they are going to know who said what.

When you log in to take the BTS you have to enter your TM number. I'm guessing that this is to confirm that you do work at the store.

I don't remember entering me TM number in at any point. Perhaps this is just for TL and up?

I have a question about the BTS.

Do you have to be on the clock to take it or does it matter?

Being in Food Ave, I don't have anyone that is willing to watch the counter for me so I can take it, and I legitimately want to take it (not just kill 15-20 minutes doing nothing). I also am only doing 5.5 hour shifts, so if I were to stay after on the clock, I'm afraid I would push my time too much and get coached for not taking a lunch break before 6 hours.

My TL (Food Ave/Starbucks) told me that I can't take it unless I'm on the clock, but I wasn't sure if that was 100% the case.

Anyone here know if that's what the deal is or not?

You should be able to take it while on the clock. Your ETL HR should arrange for you to be able to do that if you want to take it!

I would think it's possible to have over 100% if people take it then quit, or new hires (I think it's based on April 1 headcount I read somewhere) they give a +/- 5% on your headcount so really they look at 95-105%

I emailed to ask a question and the BestTeam.survey inbox indicated that this has changed this year...once you reach 90% it doesn't report participation any higher. THe goal is not 100%...the goal for participation has always been 80%.

Sometimes, to avoid confusion, they may call it great team survey(gts). Back to school as the similar name, BTS.

I don't remember entering me TM number in at any point. Perhaps this is just for TL and up?

You get to the BTS from the eHR home page. Anyone who entered their TM number probably logged into eHR, even though the link is available on the log-in page.

I'm a regular TM....a cashier..and I had to put my TM # in.

It doesn't matter though, the company that gathers the information will only share the info...not the answers by specific people. When you start the survey and they ask what area you work in, there are several workcenters listed in each option. So, front end is GS, cashiers, Food Ave, Starbucks, cart attendants.....so how can they know who the specific people are? They can't.

Even if no changes happen because of the surveys, if you don't take the survey then you aren't even making an effort to help with the problems. At least by taking the survey you can say, "I did my part." Then the blame lies with corporate and not us peons.
If you don't do anything, nothing can be done.

This is sounding a lot like the thread about the Integrity Hotline.....

question about the survey, if one of the top negative results is STL does the STL still sit in the results meeting or is it somebody else so TMs can be honest about why the STL is negative?

I'm just a sales floor tm and did not put in my number. My etl-hr put in district, store #, etc. and then I just answered the questions. She might have put in something about my work center but that was it. Then she left me alone. But I know that I did not put in my number.

question about the survey, if one of the top negative results is STL does the STL still sit in the results meeting or is it somebody else so TMs can be honest about why the STL is negative?

When the chat sessions come at a later time it will begin with both the STL and the ETL-HR in the room. It is important that they both hear the concerns stated. After the first part of the chat session is concluded, the STL will leave the room and the chat session will commence so that concerns of team members that were not comfortable speaking about with the STL in the room may be brought up.

When the chat sessions come at a later time it will begin with both the STL and the ETL-HR in the room. It is important that they both hear the concerns stated. After the first part of the chat session is concluded, the STL will leave the room and the chat session will commence so that concerns of team members that were not comfortable speaking about with the STL in the room may be brought up.

Yea, in the years when we did it the STL always ended the session with, "And is there anything I can do to make things better?"
Most of the people just stared at floor and shuffled their feet.
One or two brave souls would pipe up (damn I'm stupid) and risk their jobs.
Sometimes once they had said something other people would speak up but not always.

target isn't going to go through the effort to find out who said what on a survey. the BTS is just a tool for corporate to judge morale and pretend like they care what TMs think. obviously if an ETL gets rated badly by their work center corporate will move them around or term them but as long as it averages out to a satisfactory review nothing is going to happen.

Did anyone else get odd questions about "maintenance needs being met" or anything else like that? I got some REALLY odd questions that left me :huh:

Did anyone else get odd questions about "maintenance needs being met" or anything else like that? I got some REALLY odd questions that left me :huh:

I think it depends on how you had listed your workstation on the survey. I wouldn't say pharmacy on it. But, that did not should on the Salesfloor version.

I think it depends on how you had listed your workstation on the survey. I wouldn't say pharmacy on it. But, that did not should on the Salesfloor version.

I was logged in as a pharmacy tech....all of us got the same questions....it was really odd because they were things that have NOTHING to do with our jobs???

I was logged in as a pharmacy tech....all of us got the same questions....it was really odd because they were things that have NOTHING to do with our jobs???

The bathroom at my store's pharmacy had shoddy plumbing and the drains were constantly backed up. You'd better believe the pharmacy team there cared about whether maintenance needs were being met! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back