Archived Best Team Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a chat session today, but i didn't go. If i would have went, i would have told it like it is, and would have probably been fired on the spot. You all would have seen my post in the happy trails section. I just go in, STFU and work (not 100% ofc). They just want to see whose complaining anyway.

I recommend keeping your mouth shut during chat sessions. Every time I ever opened my mouth I got chewed out for it the next day. They say its confidential never leave the room but thats b.s.

I spoke freely and I'm sorry that you can't. Of course, the 10 hour cut on the new schedule probably means that I shouldn't have.

Our DTL is very fair, he hates everyone. lol Seriously, he is not the FF&F type. He had no sense of humor (I've never seen him smile.) As far as I know, he never talks to lowly TMs.
Ha, either we work in the same district, or ALL DTLs are like this, lol. I think mine acknowledged me for the first time a couple months ago in my 3 years at my store.

Our DTL is very fair, he hates everyone. lol Seriously, he is not the FF&F type. He had no sense of humor (I've never seen him smile.) As far as I know, he never talks to lowly TMs.
Ha, either we work in the same district, or ALL DTLs are like this, lol. I think mine acknowledged me for the first time a couple months ago in my 3 years at my store.

Yes, but did you put your hands down his pants?

Yes, but did you put your hands down his pants?
Haha!

I got invited to, and spoke my mind at, chat sessions all the time. But...there is a difference between complaining and questioning. You have to phrase carefully but still get your point across. For example: I am frustrated that I cannot complete the instocks task list because not everything is pushed and back stocked. On those days, how do you want me handle the list? How do you want me to get product to the floor on those days? May I shoot an EXF? It's like Jeopardy! Always phrase the problem in the form of a question. It actually works quite well. You are seen as asking for guidance, not complaining.

I wish that we could take the BTS again... now that our STL has left the company and one of our "problem" ETLs has been rotated. I bet the results would be marginally better.

You have the problem I had doing this years survey summed up quite well Researchr. Corporate hands down programs and goals for us to meet at the store level. Your store does the best it can to work within these parameters of these programs with the resources we have. You try to post honest performance metrics and fix issues that they reflect. Corporate wants its individual stores to be sucessful and we as team members want our store to be sucessful. The problem seems to be with these fucksticks in the middle, your district group and regional leadership. They clearly have their own agendas that focus on their advancement, they seem to care less about helping fix store issues that make the programs that come from corporate work.
Do these people realize how morale defeating it is for team members when we follow programs and meet company goals only to be told its not good enough. The group or region wants a higher score but are not going to give you any resources to do it. Your asked at store level to make some change in process and when you ask to read about it on workbench your told, its a group thing. Usually it involves some stunt or scheme to manipulate a performance metric other than fixing the problem thats causing it. Then these people visit your store and not only will not talk to team members for our insights, they look at us like were 2000 levels beneath them as human beings. Had there been a section on the survey for this how many of you would have filled it out favorably.
Treat these survey chat sessions like a vibe walk, or a performance disscussion/coaching for your leadership. Start asking why we don't do the things we need to do to be sucessful as a store because the team members seem to be the only ones who know how things really work anymore. If your not willing to do that now with the dreadful scores I'm certain most stores will have you might have well as just made your survey GREEN. If the data breach showed us one thing its that our guests expect the integrity of our companys operations to match what they promise them to be. That will only come from team members because we are the ones who deal with them every day. Hold your leadership accountable for what they expect us to do as team members. Honesty and truth fixes problems, hiding them does not. It's time for the culture of this company to change.

I have no idea what our results were like. I haven't been to a huddle in over a month, so I don't know what the hell is going on half the time.

Reactions: Cel
I have no idea what our results were like. I haven't been to a huddle in over a month, so I don't know what the hell is going on half the time.

Yeah I've been to 2 huddles so far this year. Both times because one of the ETLs did evening huddles at Jewelry so that I could attend for service academy topics. I mentioned this once and got told "oh there's a daily huddle form on that bulletin board over there, you can read that!" Yeah...there's an app on the PDA for that too, but that's only the corporate topics of least importance. Store-side stuff I have no source of news other than word of mouth up front. They moved one of the team rewards for something we'd done and I missed the new date because they announced it....wait for it...at huddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back