Archived Big news coming Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be honest, if Amazon bought out Target there'd be an incredible amount of buzz, I doubt we got bought out by anyone.

I'm more curious than anxious, but kind of doubt it pertains to every single Target in the nation. Maybe your store is just getting a remodel or a new process roll-out.

Amazon bought out Target there'd be an incredible amount of buzz

Actually, the opposite is true. Big mergers or acquisitions like that stay pretty well locked down until they are ready to present the terms. Nobody wants the SEC up their ass.

Our store is no longer going to be an over night flow. In six weeks the flow will go from 10 pm to 4 am start time They are soppose to be completed by 8 am or 9 am no later lol. We have be an over night team for 3 years now this going to 4 am will effect the entire store and hurt us. Not enough room in the back room not enough equipment or flats uboats to share.
And how will all the garbage get into one bailer food team and flow working together is a laugh. Wish us luck.
I just find it amazing they keep doing this when aisles being blocked and parts of the store being nearly unshoppable because of dayside flow is consistently a top guest complaint.

I don't entirely get the logic, either. You have people dedicated to pushing freight. What, really, is the difference in costs between them pushing it from 10pm to 3am instead of 4-9? I can't believe having the lights on that extra time is that large a cost.

I don't entirely get the logic, either. You have people dedicated to pushing freight. What, really, is the difference in costs between them pushing it from 10pm to 3am instead of 4-9? I can't believe having the lights on that extra time is that large a cost.
While I agree flow should be O/N, don’t forget about the cost of HVAC and shift diff. Company wide, that’s a huge expense.

Unless your store takes any doubles, I don't see any reason to be overnight instead of 4am.

Unless your store takes any doubles, I don't see any reason to be overnight instead of 4am.

We've been ON during the 15+ yrs I've been there but have been told we will lose it .
We get a truck every night & doubles during upcoming holidays or special events.
We went up an org level but just shy of the threshold of keeping our ON.

Word at my store today was cutting nearly 100 hours by next week. Also, our DTL suddenly "resigned" today without notice. Something definitely doesn't sound right..
Ehh ours did that last October we went all of Q4 without one. It sucked I really liked our DTL. Our new one showed up at my store my first day as a TL. I think they avoid announcing or putting in their two weeks, I’m not sure if they just don’t care being that far up or they don’t want people to know where they are going

So, overnight gets the shift diff, but not 4am starts?

An overnight shift the whole shift is shift differential. A 4am shift it's only 4 hours of shift differential.

Don't forget the stores that switched to 6am and get no shift differential what so ever.

25 team members losing 4 hours of shift differential is 100 dollars per day per store.

Word at my store today was cutting nearly 100 hours by next week. Also, our DTL suddenly "resigned" today without notice. Something definitely doesn't sound right..

The dtl leaving is not unusual. The fiscal year just ended and most dtls either promote or get fired this time of year.

The hours are probably because you guys missed sales. Some execs count on flex way too early. Flex doesn't even lock in until tomorrow

HRZone....do you know what is going to happen? Not that you need to tell us, but do you know?

It is probably something like region or group re-alignment......last time something big was to happen wasn't really anything big.
Maybe it is that music will be in ALL spot's stores!!

It is probably something like region or group re-alignment......last time something big was to happen wasn't really anything big.
Maybe it is that music will be in ALL spot's stores!!

Yeah something to do with region more than likely.

Our store is no longer going to be an over night flow. In six weeks the flow will go from 10 pm to 4 am start time They are soppose to be completed by 8 am or 9 am no later lol. We have be an over night team for 3 years now this going to 4 am will effect the entire store and hurt us. Not enough room in the back room not enough equipment or flats uboats to share.
And how will all the garbage get into one bailer food team and flow working together is a laugh. Wish us luck.
Not to worry, all of your fears wont come true. The change will happen without a glitch, and your store will be better off. Overnight crews are notoriously lazy and slow. 4 am start time will root out the lazy, time wasting TMs. Only the best will survive, LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

An overnight shift the whole shift is shift differential. A 4am shift it's only 4 hours of shift differential.

Don't forget the stores that switched to 6am and get no shift differential what so ever.

25 team members losing 4 hours of shift differential is 100 dollars per day per store.
25 member crew? No wonder target is losing money, time to trim the fat. Get these flow bitches out on the street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back