Archived Big news coming Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ETL told me yesterday about the drive up starting next month at our store, so that could be it.

At my store OPU handles drive-up, unless they're out on a pick, then GS or GSA will run the order out to the guest.

I don’t know about other stores, but my ETL told me today that starting Monday some of the ETLs are switching workcenters. Our ETL-GE/SL is moving to be ETL of the entire sales floor, and our ETL-HL is going to switch to ETL-GE only.

Shuffling ETLs and TLs every year is the norm in my store.

I am praying my TL get switch to another workcenter and take me with her. If she doesn't take me (most likely and that's fine), I'll transfer to where my former ETL now works in. That or the store close to me. No way I am staying with that Idiotic TL in the same dept.

But I do wish my TL to get switch to another workcenter. She understood what I have gone through.

Last edited:
My store isn't a pilot store, but they like testing things out in our district. We were the first to start e2e. Some big changes we have done recently was to have all the stores extend their line and have more custom blocks. I believe we did 20 ft and now our stl wants to add additional 10 ft. Since we have more blocks they are going to test unloading the truck in the evening, not overnight.

I'm not to sure how this is going to work since we are still doing e2e. We went from 4 unloaders to ten. They like having one from every block to help out and then do regular routines for their respective area afterwards.

Most likely rotation in leadership as that happens around this time. I know ours is coming soon. I expect to be switched to a new department soon.

Our store actually had curbside pickup before which sounds like the same thing as drive up. It was a huge huge failure.

Most likely rotation in leadership as that happens around this time. I know ours is coming soon. I expect to be switched to a new department soon.

Our store actually had curbside pickup before which sounds like the same thing as drive up. It was a huge huge failure.
You aren't consulted about switching departments?

Last edited:

Yes, we did too, and it was a failure. Plus, we did not have the staffing to have to run out to bring the bags to the guests.

If you don't have TMs who are assigned to have that as their priority, there's no way it would work.

It works fine at my store. We don't get a ton of them, and running orders out is part of the OPU duties, with GS as backup if they're on break or on a pick.

I have only heard rumors, but they were long term changes so I do not know what is happening this year versus planned for the next few...
- Starting Wage Increase: I would guess this timing is immediately after reviews as it has been in years prior (so they lose their raise)
- ETL Consolidation: HR and LOG are still on the chopping block, not sure when is final. Senior HRTL replaces ETL, ETL-Essentials replaces ETL-LOG
- Reduction in LV/ULV Leadership: This one is more recent, but potential reduction in total leaders, opening LOD/truck leaders would be same person
- Log Start Times: I heard O/N to 4AM change to 65M, Did not read exact number but heard 6AM cut off increased as well (so more stores going to 6).

That is all I know so far, STL's should be delivering exacts and any additional this week I believe.

Are you happy about the switch? I can’t imagine anyone not being giddy leaving GSTL behind but maybe you are a outlier...
I'm not a GSTL but I would hate being anything other than GS/Photo (I'd love to learn the register only on Sbux but that's it).

i would love electronics if it was just helping guests

Oh man! It's Monday! Time for the big reveal where they introduce our new CEO, a hologram of John F. Geisse!

Huddle at 9. Huddles are rare here so gotta be some news coming

Could you give us any updates? There was huddles this morning and it was so brief and nothing new craps about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back