Archived Big red shopping baskets in raceway

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said the same thing although they are easier to push.

Easier doesn't equal better with some of the shitbags that shop at Target:

1424495171-2.jpg

Seems like a lot of wasted space for only 8 items (more if they're smaller items, but they'll probably fall over the first time someone bumps it).

Seems like a lot of wasted space for only 8 items (more if they're smaller items, but they'll probably fall over the first time someone bumps it).
They have about a 3ft shelf and a half capacity.

We put that exact item although ours is by the front door.

Same item in front of our greeting card section. You literally can't reach a part of them.

I don't mind it totally just makes me feel like they aren't paying attention to more urgent needs.

I know sales per square foot is a metric and crap but we aren't ever going to top Costco on that level.

Last edited:
Also, one step closer to being like Wal-Mart if we start putting things in the middle of the walkway.

The two stores are the same, both discount retail stores. I will never understand why so many people think that target is nicer or better than walmart

The two stores are the same, both discount retail stores. I will never understand why so many people think that target is nicer or better than walmart
Are you serious?! Wal-Mart is just plain dirty. Ick.

Years ago, I did a product retrieval for a marketing company. All of the product from Wal-mart was obvious. It was dirty.

Yeah, I don't agree with that at all. There's a very distinct difference between the two. They're the same type of stores, but with very different approaches.

I actually like the big baskets (didn't think I would). Shit in the middle of the raceway is annoying but it does exactly what target marketing wants sometimes. Gets a guest to stop, look, and toss it in their cart because theyre reminded they might need it.

Look at all that shit in the background.
It was 10:30 pm the overnight starts at 10pm and gets busy. A few come in at 9:30 pm and start wheeling out stuff and cages. We are open till 11 pm.

Last edited:

Not quite. For starters wal mart generally has much better prices. They do this at the expense of having less employees on the floor, paying a little less than Target (Not all cities), focusing a lot less on presentation.

Target is not as cheap but has a larger focus on merchandising, presentation and the zone.

Ours aren't in the middle of the raceway though...off to the side which is awkward. I almost think the middle would be better tbh.

I think you guys are missing a blender display but I could be wrong

We have your missing display at my store - please come retrieve it. Four identical display blenders in the backroom, one on the floor doing its display thing. We sweep them back to the DC and a week later they return like a bouncy ball. Also three identical Roomba displays with the same bouncing characteristic. Presentation/Plano TL is always going "Arg! Why do these things keep coming back!?"

Easier doesn't equal better with some of the shitbags that shop at Target:

1424495171-2.jpg
HA! Errmerrgerd ... I thought that was my store for a moment: we have "guests" do the same thing all the time leaving scuffs on the newly polished floors behind them.

We have your missing display at my store - please come retrieve it. Four identical display blenders in the backroom, one on the floor doing its display thing. We sweep them back to the DC and a week later they return like a bouncy ball. Also three identical Roomba displays with the same bouncing characteristic. Presentation/Plano TL is always going "Arg! Why do these things keep coming back!?"

Try sending them back on the CRC pallet. You'll never see them again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back