Archived Big red shopping baskets in raceway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't need to clear much, it's kids we're talking about.

We have 2. Are they filled w the same products in each store or is it store's discretion?
We have 4 , and it's store discretion, we've had different items on them.... they are an eye catcher?

HA! Errmerrgerd ... I thought that was my store for a moment: we have "guests" do the same thing all the time leaving scuffs on the newly polished floors behind them.

In my store it's the team members who drag the basket holders at the front lanes from either SCO or the other extra one we have to replace the guest entrance ones and there is so many scratch marks on the tile

We put that exact item although ours is by the front door.
Merch update Monday or Redwire specifically days not in a&a or front of store.

We got three. They are too big to be good for much.

I like them. But I do think they are going to become trash cans by guests. Don't know where to put that shirt you don't want? How about this big red basket. Need to throw away your starbucks cup? Toss it in the red basket

Maybe they'll stop using the shelves for all that shit then. At least there's only 4 baskets (in my store) so it will be in one of 4 areas. Instead of 50,000. Silver lining? LOL

My biggest issue with those is there's scarcely any room for product on them, how often does someone need to take fifteen minutes to refill all of them so they aren't literally just big hunks of plastic in the way?

Wonder what the local fire marshals well think. Aisles blocked
My very first thought.

That, and when there's a rush of soccer moms, those things are going to turn into bumper cars.

I think we only got 2, that I've noticed. They're kind of amusing, aesthetically, but that seems to be all they've got going for them. Glad I don't do any drugs, or I'd have been sure I was hallucinating when I first saw them.

Rules are meant to be broken o_O
Yeah ...our fire door is constantly blocked. I can remember several years back just after the store was newly opened, the fire marshal / inspector paid a visit and had a sh*t fit over it. He provided a one-time warning. For about the next year that area was kept so clean and clutter free you could practically eat off the surface. Of course now it's back to what you pictured times 4.

Merch update Monday or Redwire specifically days not in a&a or front of store.

We got three. They are too big to be good for much.

lol they can fuck off with that "not in the front of store" crap

We had a visit today.

No complaints

lol they can fuck off with that "not in the front of store" crap

We had a visit today.

No complaints
My new DTL wants absolutely nothing in the front of the store, says its too "Walmart" which I can understand.
But it provides quick sales on hot ass days and we can just drop a pallet of water or gatorade right there.

They need to make designer pallets.

Yeah ...our fire door is constantly blocked. I can remember several years back just after the store was newly opened, the fire marshal / inspector paid a visit and had a sh*t fit over it. He provided a one-time warning. For about the next year that area was kept so clean and clutter free you could practically eat off the surface. Of course now it's back to what you pictured times 4.
Call your local fire marshal and leave a tip.

We've developed this bad habit in our store as well. In my past lives, if you blocked ANY fire exit or emergency device, you were written up the first time. The second time you were fired. This was pretty universal until I arrived at Spot.

By the way, in most states, statutes exists that permit prosecution of a person(s) that knowingly or unknowingly blocks a fire escape that results in an injury or death. So don't do it.

I think the Little Tykes big baskets are eye catching. I think the concept for use could be so much better though. Not that Im as smart as all of the people in Minnesota ( thats where all the really smart people are right?) but I work in a store and that gives me a bit of a reality perspective. Right now although they catch your eye, they are in the way. We move pallets all day now and flats and boats too. We do this navigating around guests which is suppose to be our priority. And now lets add a big red rock. Why didnt the really smart designer make these just a teeny bit smaller so they would fit right on an endcap? They could have been the "featured basket endcaps" Put them up about 10", block that area off with some type of shelf blocker so the contents of the basket is closer to eye level. If you did this in grocery the endocarp would now hold 75 boxes of mac and cheese instead of 5,000,000. Easy to keep full, change out and backstock. You still get the eye cactching design without taking up valuable floor space.. But then again Im not as smart as those folks in Minneapolis

Had a few...big people complain about how they are hard to move around the.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back