Archived Bike building

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yesterday district came to our store (in Metro Detroit) & asked me if I would build bike on the floor because Chicago is doing it. I said I'll try it. Anyone else building bike on the floor? This is going to be an interesting Sunday

Sounds really stupid..

It would take a lot of space, be inconvenient as hell (running back and forth from the back to grab a new bike and toss the box/guests asking questions), and ruin the best part of it... blasting music with no one else around.

Trying to look like a real bike store where the bike wrench is close to the bikes or at least visible to buyers. Guess now Spot needs real bikes.

Trying to look like a real bike store where the bike wrench is close to the bikes or at least visible to buyers. Guess now Spot needs real bikes.

Definitely Dorel owns Cannondale we could get those since Dorel is already our bike vendor

It'll be fun when you get one of those bikes where the spoke is poking through and ends up blowing the tube when you put air in it. This happened twice to me. Both times, it sounded like a bomb went off. Luckily, it was logically in the backroom when it happened.

Definitely Dorel owns Cannondale we could get those since Dorel is already our bike vendor
Cannondale would never happen. Would Target even be willing to sell the brand in just a few stores nationwide? (That aren't within whatever distance is required from another Cannondale dealer)

They're trying this at my store too. Literally everyone I've talked to about it thinks it's one of the stupidest decisions ever. Except for our STL who I think is really just trying to put on a good face and act like a team player.

There are so many reasons why this is a terrible idea - safety concerns, inefficiency, space and noise issues. The only good aspect is that the bike builder will be available to answer bike questions but I think the cons definitely outweigh the pros. And from what I've seen, how many bike builders are actually genuinely knowledgeable about bikes? I can't imagine Target attracts many skilled bike mechanics.

I'm just looking forward to watching this crash and burn. I give it a few months tops. Some kid is going to get hurt, their parents are going to sue, and back to the back room we'll go.

They're trying this at my store too. Literally everyone I've talked to about it thinks it's one of the stupidest decisions ever. Except for our STL who I think is really just trying to put on a good face and act like a team player.

There are so many reasons why this is a terrible idea - safety concerns, inefficiency, space and noise issues. The only good aspect is that the bike builder will be available to answer bike questions but I think the cons definitely outweigh the pros. And from what I've seen, how many bike builders are actually genuinely knowledgeable about bikes? I can't imagine Target attracts many skilled bike mechanics.

I'm just looking forward to watching this crash and burn. I give it a few months tops. Some kid is going to get hurt, their parents are going to sue, and back to the back room we'll go.

I'm with you on the bike mechanics I'm no expert but the last guy was horrible I had to tighten screws on bikes that were hanging when I started everyone says I only got the extra position because I bike everywhere & all year

I think my store might be doing this. I'm somehow scheduled for a bike building shift this coming week when I never had one and only built them when we had free time

They made me build bikes for about a month with an hour of training. :| I tested each bike so much and got my electronics TL to check them... Honestly wish they trained me lonnger

They made me build bikes for about a month with an hour of training. :| I tested each bike so much and got my electronics TL to check them... Honestly wish they trained me lonnger

That was me also. Hey, you know what a wrench is right? Uh, yeah. Awesome, go build bikes.

That was me also. Hey, you know what a wrench is right? Uh, yeah. Awesome, go build bikes.
They got mad at me asking me where the bikes were. Best part is the guy who trained me was really good (he would of trained me longer if he could of) and kept the floor filled. I had one time where all my bikes would of been backstock but there was just one or two steps I was unsure of.

ETL LOG wanted me to flex unassembled bikes still in the boxes onto an end cap because the bosses were going to show up and the space was empty.

Yeah No. Only the little kids bikes you can do that with.

I have built bikes too. Why? I can turn a wrench, but no way would I talk about this is a good bike or that one is better.. I just know how to put stuff together and make it work.. And I swear a lot while doing it, so you really want me in the back and not on the floor where the childrens would learn a new very colorful language. ;)

I got less then that our PMT showed me the area I'm like cool you have all the tools & he's like well you know way more then me go for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back