Archived Black Friday 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason when I saw "bf" my first thoughts were boyfriend and I was thinking, "oh boy, ANOTHER dating thread..." :)

Seriously though, Black Friday should be irrelevant. As anyone knows by looking at the deals thread, one can get better deals all year long by shopping clearance. $100 for a Chefmate looking Tfal 20 piece? I just got a stainless steel copper-bottom 10 piece for $25.

I have found most clearance (sans seasonal) is bunch of crap or just older versions of merchandise.

lol... $10 off that keurig!? Wheww, big savings!!
/sarcasm

Yeaa, a good portion of clearance is clearance because no one wanted it for good reasons (a lot of the clothing clearance is just the ugly or weird pieces that only ballsy people can pull off), but I'm certainly not opposed to the "old and not-improved" versions of things that go clearance. I've seen things that went clearance that were replaced with the same thing in a different packaging. No new & improved or anything.

what NO Turkeys on the black friday AD ???
I guess I'll just TPC them myself, cause who's gonna buy that bird the day after Turkey day... they are probably sick of turkey.

what NO Turkeys on the black friday AD ???
I guess I'll just TPC them myself, cause who's gonna buy that bird the day after Turkey day... they are probably sick of turkey.

I don't recall ever seeing turkeys in the 2 day ad. Besides, Black Friday is the slowest grocery day of the year due to everyone eating leftovers and focusing on Christmas shopping. I worked at a few grocery stores before Target and they were always a ghost town on Black Friday. We would use the time to recover from the week (day before Thanksgiving is a grocery store's busiest day of the year).

Also, if they are frozen turkeys don't TPC them just yet. They last for months in the freezer and you will sell a bunch right before Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back