Black Friday 2020

It was kinds quiet but we still managed to do 488k on a goal of 712k That goal was based on 2 days Thursday & Friday last year. No way in hell we could do 712k with only 13 registers and 4 self checkouts. Today Saturday was just as busy as Black Friday.

We got around 450K on 850K. Yikes. We might hit forecast for the week, but not goal, unless we got another 40K or so in the last hour and a half (not likely).

It was sooooo nice having the ad spread out over the entire week. Guests were happy because they could get what they wanted even on Wed. There was no stuff gone in 1/2 hour, guess you should have gotten here earlier, disappointed guests. There was not the shoulder to shoulder, steal whatever you want because no one can much see what's going on, crowds. No near fist fights by the tv's or in the line out front. And no hour long wait in a line that snaked through the store. And the team got to have a holiday off to spend with family. No leaving at 3am coming back at 4pm and trying to fit a family holiday in between on Thanksgiving. Much better.

Yeah, we did NOT make our sales goals AT ALL during the weekend. While we were still busy (being a mall store), and still made a lot of money, we didn't meet any projected goals. To be honest, there were way too many people scheduled to go to work those days, and there was really not a lot to do. The food was good though, and corporate decided to stop by as well;/

If I remember right our store did 946k on Friday. The goal was about 1.2mil. And as it was stated it was minus the sales from Thursday night. We make goal plus some (sometimes it is a bit more than forcast) everyday. Our count for number of people in the store is 780.

I saw a story that Black Friday sales were up 22% over last year. Which is no surprise to me, give people the convenience of Black Friday deals online and more people will buy them. Black Friday will change forever after this, with or without a pandemic.

It ended up being just like any other Friday as far as guests coming in. Hardly what I expected, but this is a pandemic still. Nearly everyone was scheduled to come in that day, and SO many team members had nothing to push, we ended up just doing 1 for 1's most of the day. A lot of cashiers were just standing around. Also, most of the fulfillment team were put on other tasks because by 4 PM because the driveups and pickup orders were no different than a typical day. For the first time it seemed the store was OVERstaffed.

Our cashiers were putting reshop away for the depts. the depts were doing 141s and pulled to pick carts every hour or two. We did around 350k in sfs sales Friday. Tech was very busy all day. The Mobil cart was moved to electronics and a cashier was stationed there all day to ring people up. That was super convenient.

I did have a guest complain to me that there were hardly any sales. i had to explain to her that because we were in a pandemic, BF sales were spread out throughout the month. She seemed annoyed.

Back