Black Friday and Catchup

Florida Dawg

Former Cart Attendant Pro and Target Employee
What’s up everyone, It’s been nice these past 5 months since I left Target working at a Auto Shop now where I don’t have to worry about dealing with Black Friday Customers and the stress and hell of it and I still don’t miss working for this company haha. I will say this every hardworking Target member and good workers will be in my thoughts and prayers cus I hear the stories and it sounds like the bs has continued with the workload and bs cut hours and etc that has gone on since the spring and Black Friday week sounds like it’ll be a potential disaster. For those still looking to leave for better, Keep looking, This company is also losing lots of money too and the reports are still the same about the dissatisfaction of working for this company and those are ways that can hit this company where it hurts. Anyways I don’t wanna make this a whole rant as a former employee but I just wanted to see how everyone is doing and I’ll be praying for all of y’all that will be going through hell thanks to the lack of planning and incompetence from management and corporate to prepare for the busiest time of year for shopping. 🙏

This year is the worst year ever for me:(. Enjoy your weekend off.
I work Saturdays at my job. I got a set schedule and only have Sundays and Wednesdays off most of the time. And man I visited my old store last month, They said things have gotten a little better but workload is still rough and hours still cut. Also some of the toxic managers and employees quit which I was happy to hear. Lots of new faces there that I don’t recognize but my 3 managers that were there when I left are still there and 2 of them I despise.

Finally have all the payroll we could ever want. Almost enough TMs to use it too. I think this holiday will be comparable to others, the worst part this year has been the cuts. Hopefully they don't destroy us with January cuts but we know they will lol.

The ad coming in unsorted and another 2500 signs to be printed out today. Yeah really messed the ad up this year.

2500 signs through out the store? I would be surprised if anyone bothered to print signs at my store [aka the signs probably weren't printed, today.]

I wonder if we even have enough paper to print that many.....

I know I was missing some ad signs, and I just printed a POG batch to create the ones I noticed were missing.

2500 signs through out the store? I would be surprised if anyone bothered to print signs at my store [aka the signs probably weren't printed, today.]

I know I was missing some ad signs, and I just printed a POG batch to create the ones I noticed were missing.

We ran out of 3x2s today......🤦🏻‍♀️

The ad coming in unsorted and another 2500 signs to be printed out today. Yeah really messed the ad up this year.
Heard that a lot from employees on here.

Yeah there was communication that there were missing signs from the ad so to check the ebatches this week. About 1000 yesterday and another 2500 today.

Same here. It was almost all unnecessary duplicates though. We spent most of the day checking the ad just to throw it all away.
We printed it off on copy paper to walk/audit it first to see if there was a ad sign already up or printing was needed. We don't have ad signing supplies to waste since ordering is such a pain and takes forever to receive.

I am just happy once again that I don't have to deal the Black Friday Madness. While the last 4 or 5 days in the produce department at the grocery store that I work at has been murder I am much happier than at Target. For whatever reason, my boss has yet to schedule me for a Thanksgiving, so I am lucky there. Also the day after is very quiet and I have been told that it is like working in a funeral home. I am glad to be out of there for at least the next 3 days and not having to explain why we don't have whole fresh strawberries (fungus in the field).

Back