Archived Black Friday Pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I worked 8 hours Black Friday.

I searched and didn't find anything about this :/ bad searcher?

Anyways, my question is what's the pay for working black friday? Time and a half?

Thanksgiving was time and a half. There may have been a dollar shift differential for the wee overnight hours, but I can't confirm that 100%. Otherwise, it was normal pay and whatever free food you got in the break room.

Thanks for quick reply! That's was I was thinking. Awesome. Do you know what hours count for the extra dollor? Is it anything before 8am?

Any hours worked on thanksgiving are paid at time and a half. In addition, there is a $1 Thanksgiving differential for hours worked between 8pm and midnight on Thanksgiving. Then there is also another $1 shift differential for hours worked between 10pm and 8am (might just be 12am-8am).

When you get paid, have a look at your paystub. There will be separate line listings for holiday pay and overnight differential in addition to your regular hourly rate.

Honestly, that extra $1/hr is an absolute insult.. even more shameful is how they proudly toot around praising the extra buck as if they're literally giving you gold or something. There is no reason ALL OF BLACK FRIDAY shouldn't be time & half.. not just thanksgiving. Seriously, an extra $8 on my paycheck isn't even noticeable, and most of it goes to taxes anyway. I'll pay my HR an extra $8 to shut the hell up and quit insulting the integrity of the team, and stop throwing these peanuts/scraps our way to see us dance. I just can't get over how embarrassing that a multi-BILLION dollar company is offering its TM's an extra $1 and is proud to do so.

I won't get extra pay, but I was pleased with the thought our store put into feeding us all weekend. Wednesday started with pizzas about mid-morning, I have no idea what they did Thursday (Friday morning there was still pizza left in the fridge). Friday we had sub boxes from the place in our center - 6 in. sub, fancy bag of chips and a cookie. Saturday was platters of nuggets and strips from CFA. I was off yesterday, so no clue there again.... there were also carts full of beverages to pick from.

It was a nice gesture to not have to worry about food while working - and I didn't expect it to extend into Friday and Saturday. I ate more protein that way over just grabbing junk to reheat in the microwave.

I won't get extra pay, but I was pleased with the thought our store put into feeding us all weekend. Wednesday started with pizzas about mid-morning, I have no idea what they did Thursday (Friday morning there was still pizza left in the fridge). Friday we had sub boxes from the place in our center - 6 in. sub, fancy bag of chips and a cookie. Saturday was platters of nuggets and strips from CFA. I was off yesterday, so no clue there again.... there were also carts full of beverages to pick from.

It was a nice gesture to not have to worry about food while working - and I didn't expect it to extend into Friday and Saturday. I ate more protein that way over just grabbing junk to reheat in the microwave.

Ugh. My stone had disgusting condensed soup sitting out in a slow cooker all day.

How appetizing.....

We had tacos Thursday night, catered breakfast Friday morning, more tacos Friday noon (not sure about that evening), cereal for breakfast on Saturday morning, and cheap, cold, inedible pizza for the rest of Saturday (nothing for Sunday). You could tell their budget had been cut.

I'm not sure what we had on Thursday night, but on Friday we had breakfast and tacos, on Saturday we had subs from a nearby deli, and on Sunday we had pizza.

Wednesday night we had Subway, I didn't work Thursday night, but Friday morning we had breakfast pizza, regular pizza, and Friday evening we had catering from a local restaurant. I can't remember if we had anything Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back