Archived Black Friday secrecy ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
They posted the schedule at my store I have a Tl friend at another store who told me the same they're debating about 10pm.

Whatever more holiday pay = bigger college fund

We've always been told that everybody's in the house on BF & Saturday - no exceptions!
The times that new hires thought they were SO clever at calling out would turn up the next week shocked, SHOCKED! that they were termed.
I think they oughta tell noobs that their TM discount will NOT work until after BF.

Yep, at our store there is no option...you WILL work on each day of the TG weekend.
Tonight at 6:30pm our schedule was posted, but by closing it was down.....don't know if this was on purpose or an accident.

I was shopping yesterday afternoon and checked the schedule, but it wasn't posted. But when I checked in the evening after I was done with my shift, there was a schedule printed in green paper. I just want to know what the heck is going on! I asked the LOD, but she had no idea and she said to ask someone in HR.

Our schedule was up this afternoon, after a 24 hour delay (even though it had been done on time)... all is good now. No 10pm opening, no weird anything. HR still doesn't know why there was a delay.

Alas, it is time. Times are changing at Target. and my ETL is a total b*%$h. Im not giving so much as I am saying I have served my purpose and am moving on to give another deserving TL the opportunity to be Sr. Team Leader on the Sales Floor. I cant find my passion for this place anymore. Dont get me wrong, i am still FFF but not as I used to be. It has been a great 10 years but its time I leave this comfort zone and move on to better things. This was my first real job and I will always have love for Spot for all the opportunities.

I feel the same way and I would love to find something else. Target is no longer fun anymore, at least at my store. My STL is a miserable bully because sales are not happening even with the extra hour at night. I hope to hell he gets canned after the fourth quarter. This guy has been at this store for nine years. It is time for a change.

We were told today by our DTL-HR this morning it is definitely due to Wal-mart opening at 10.

When the TL's went into max to sneak a peak we found out that all TL's are working Saturday too. When quentioned about this my ETL said "it was mandatory for all TL to work even if it was your weekend off." "Look I don't have a weekend off now until after the first of the year" she said. Thinking in my head..."TOO DAMN BAD." Is this happening at any one elses stores?

What is a DTL-HR is that the HRBP? Did Target rename the position?

Our TLs are staying on their weekend rotation. In the last 10 years the Sat before Christmas is much busier than the Sat after Black Friday. We no longer have any of the "2 day" ad product (they should just call it the 20 minute ad product because that is how long it lasts) on Sat and people are just shopped out. But the weekend before Christmas panic is setting in. ETLS work extra weekends and ETLs will get payback days in Jan and Feb, it comes with their paycheck

we were told by our stl that because of massachusetts blue laws, we are not allowed to work on the holiday, so we are closing at 9pm wednesday to get the 2day ad set done, and then opening at 1am black friday

we were told by our stl that because of massachusetts blue laws, we are not allowed to work on the holiday, so we are closing at 9pm wednesday to get the 2day ad set done, and then opening at 1am black friday

Hmm. I'm in Massachusetts too. Our schedule is finished, up, and we're still open until 10pm on Wednesday. We're opening 1am black friday though.

I personally do not know but i assume DTL-HR is District Team Lead - Human Resources. :p

na there is a DTL, but no DTL-HR i think. That would be HRBP i believe.

We are opening at 12am folks, schedule is posted now so I doubt it'd change.

Hardlinesmaster - you made me laugh out loud! You know I love you and because of that I need to point out that it is 24/7. I just want you to be hip and groovy.

He knows. He just wanted to see if you were paying attention ;)

To clarify, 24 hours and 7 days running for the whole bf pweek. I am sorry confused anyone. We are looking at bf as 24 hour day open all night & day with enough staff coverage.

Last edited:
That's why I didnt see my Thanksgiving week schedule when I check EHR.

From what I heard our Backroom TMs are scheduled at 8pm on Thanksgiving. Most likely to do the pulls, push the pulls, and I guess to get ready (and most likely help set)

They also said Wednesday will be very busy for p fresh. I assume extra coverage is need in p fresh wednesday but i dont what type of coverage is needed for black friday

Food sales tend to peak Tuesday, Wednesday is also very busy. Usually food areas tend to go up anywhere from 1.5-3 times their normal daily sales. Although I am not sure how PFresh will do I am just basing these numbers off of the SuperT I work at and the grocery store I worked at previously. Just make sure that you keep your eye on key holiday items, there is a printout that corp sent out that is helpful with that. Mostly Turkeys, Hams, Celery, Stuffing, etc, (anything that goes in Thanks Giving dinner!)

Our schedule still isn't up. A team member has been told it would be posted Wednesday or Thursday at the earliest. Needless to say, there are many unhappy team members. I'm not sure what the hold up is. Posting a schedule less than 4 days before the week starts is crazy.

Are they still debating 10pm opening vs. midnight?! Our schedule was taken down as well. This is getting a little ridiculous. And now Toys R Us is opening at 9pm Thanksgiving night from what I've heard. Might as well just cut to the chase and open regular hours on Thanksgiving!

ours was reposted 2 days after it was taken down. They went around and asked everyone if they would take OT and do split shifts on black friday. not a single regular TM got overtime and most didnt even get 30hours. 4 trucks 1 overnight and a midnight black firday and i got 30 hours :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back