Archived Black Friday Spending Falls Despite Record Crowds

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in retail logic, open even earlier next year. They won't learn.

We did, too...we were so far over on Saturday, it was frightening. And every other day was great, too.

We did, too...we were so far over on Saturday, it was frightening. And every other day was great, too.

Did you work saturday? It was my weekend off but on saturday they beat sales by 90k... I would have hated to be there! They got 157 redcards TOTAL for thursday, friday, and Saturday.

Did you work saturday? It was my weekend off but on saturday they beat sales by 90k... I would have hated to be there! They got 157 redcards TOTAL for thursday, friday, and Saturday.

I did work Saturday. We beat sales by 50%. It was hell at the front end. The mid-day cart attendant called off, and they didn't have any more cashiers scheduled than a normal Saturday. Luckily I was able to stay in my guest service corner all day and didn't have to get carts since I was/am still sick.

We beat our sales goal for Black Friday and we also beat last year's sales. Plus we beat our nearest neighbor store!

I was watching the news this morning and the report on 'Cyber-Monday'.
Sales were up 15-20% which pretty much fits the report of the people out shopping.
They looked around, saw what they wanted, checked the prices and went home to buy it online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back