Archived Black Friday weekend receiving hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what the usual receiving hours are on Thanksgiving and Black Friday? Or is it store dependent?

Typically on the 10 Day Out, which is two weeks from the current week. So unless ASANTS pops up, you should expect the Black Friday schedule during the second week (or third if HR is having trouble) of November.

Does anyone know what the usual receiving hours are on Thanksgiving and Black Friday? Or is it store dependent?
Last year our dock was closed on Thursday and notices were posted well in advance letting them know to get their product in by Wednesday. Our receiver is typically scheduled for crowd management or flexible fulfillment on Thanksgiving and is off by 9 or 10pm.

Thanks! I am currently "penciled in" to work until 4 am Thanksgiving night. That's not going to be ideal with our dock open Friday morning.

Thanks! I am currently "penciled in" to work until 4 am Thanksgiving night. That's not going to be ideal with our dock open Friday morning.
Yeah that's stupid. Tell them you can't work a split shift, which is basically what that is.

@Circle9 any idea what your shifts and dock hours will be like?

Friday we will take milk delivery. Bread vendors on Wednesday will leave extra until Monday's delivery. Might take a soda delivery if needed. I always let ups and fedex know I won't take delivery till Monday. Fdc will be communicated as we get closer to black Friday.

When I worked receiving dock was closed on Thursday. Only deleoveried we took on Friday was milk UPS and FedEx all other vendors were told to leave product on wed to be pushed out over the weekend

Haven't heard anything about dock hours at.my store but I'll be sure to keep an eye out. We're open 8a-1p and Fridays tend to be a heavy delivery day though I'd guess that would have to change.

I'll have to check with my ETL because it sounds like we can have at least a little control over who shows up as long as we give notice. Thanks, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back