Black Friday

All of the retailers that are closed on thanksgiving are secondary chains. They would open up if it was profitable. TJ Maxx knows that people will come in for stocking stuffers on Friday after they’ve done their big shop at Target, Wal-Mart, etc and they can run ads claiming that they support family time.

All of the retailers that are closed on thanksgiving are secondary chains. They would open up if it was profitable. TJ Maxx knows that people will come in for stocking stuffers on Friday after they’ve done their big shop at Target, Wal-Mart, etc and they can run ads claiming that they support family time.
So Costco, which is closed on Thanksgiving, is a secondary chain?

I agree that Costco is not a secondary chain. It is nice that they treat their employees well and close on all holidays. My store is next to one and it is hard to be reminded on holidays when I have to be at work and the adjacent parking lot is empty.

Yeah I mean I’m not saying make everything 30% off, but one irresistible deal to get people in the door. I guarantee if they sold AirPods at like $119, sales would be up across the store.
Walmart just announced their Black Friday ad, AirPods for $129. This is the type of thing I was talking about. Also Apple Watch series 3 for $129.

Target has no exciting deals like that.

Back