Archived Black friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was on educational loa I used to just not come back until after christmas eve was over and done with. can't make you work if you're not active payroll status. I'd come back on the 26th.

my first black Friday (I am on my third!!!) the opening fitting room operator (and her girlfriend, flow team member)got away with asking for/and receiving the day off. Though she gets away with a lot of stuff...there is no way anybody gets away with Black Friday anymore. They tell us every year, if you don't have doctor's orders or a death certificate you are working the weekend.

Keep plenty of ads of other stores with you. Grab a walkie! PDA, if you are lucky.. Be ready for all calls.

Keep plenty of ads of other stores with you. Grab a walkie! PDA, if you are lucky.. Be ready for all calls.

Do you know how hard I have to beg some days to get a walkie when I work GS? It's like pulling teeth to get someone to give one up! But usually by the third or fourth time I've had to flag down the GSTL/GSA or LOD to call out a phone call for me, they get a bit more serious about someone needing to give up their walkie.

my first black Friday (I am on my third!!!) the opening fitting room operator (and her girlfriend, flow team member)got away with asking for/and receiving the day off. Though she gets away with a lot of stuff...there is no way anybody gets away with Black Friday anymore. They tell us every year, if you don't have doctor's orders or a death certificate you are working the weekend.

Two years ago, I was doing overnights for ad and flow. I had two other girls doing the same with me. One requested and was given Black Friday off for no reason, while the other and I were scheduled truck last night. Man, did we get that rubbed in our face! That week we were unable to finish prep, so this girl decided to come into work on Black Friday and then kept boasting about how she had gotten the day off. Sigh.

Last year, I was told I had to be off LOA before Black Friday or to not come back at all. I was tempted...

update. i got wednesday off!

Lucky. I'm closing Wednesday and work 8p-6a Thursday/Friday.

Just curiously, has anyone else received notices from their DTL to not schedule the team any later than 2 hours after close on Wednesday? My store closes at 10:00 and I was originally scheduled to be there until 2:30am, but now I'm only scheduled until midnight. I'm actually kind of annoyed because that's 2 fewer hours to set the 2-day and 2-fewer hours of holiday pay...

Anyway, is that a company-wide move, or is my DTL just trying to "give us our Thanksgiving back"?

My daughter started seasonal for Target and they weren't scheduling the newbies on Black Friday or Thursday night. I told her it was time and a half so she was trying to pick up a shift. Do they still pay time and a half for new employees or do they have to be there a while. Since I know they changed the whole shift diff pay??

New, old, ancient.. time and a half for all!

If the schedule is made before she was hired, then there are probably a bunch of blanks on the swap board from hr needing to be filled. She'll get the time and a half and varying shift differentials as long as she's there and breathing.

Lucky. I'm closing Wednesday and work 8p-6a Thursday/Friday.

Just curiously, has anyone else received notices from their DTL to not schedule the team any later than 2 hours after close on Wednesday? My store closes at 10:00 and I was originally scheduled to be there until 2:30am, but now I'm only scheduled until midnight. I'm actually kind of annoyed because that's 2 fewer hours to set the 2-day and 2-fewer hours of holiday pay...

Anyway, is that a company-wide move, or is my DTL just trying to "give us our Thanksgiving back"?

i scheduled myself (a GSTL) until 11pm but i know all of the other TL's that night are scheduled until 3am. I will probably end up staying later to help out if needed but i'm already well into overtime that week and while they approved OT for leaders (not just tl's but tm's who act as leaders) they don't want us to go too crazy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back