Archived Black Thursday 2015

What time will Target stores open on Thursday?

• Regular hours

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • 3:00pm

Votes: 32 15.5%
  • 6:00pm

Votes: 113 54.9%
  • 9:00pm

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • midnight

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • not opening on Thursday

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Sure do wish we'd be closed!

Votes: 58 28.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pellinore

Life sucks and nothing good can come of it.
Well...as we know, it is never too early to start to talk about Black Thursday....

Last year my store opened at 6PM...so...I will just go ahead and say either 4 or 5pm since it gets earlier every year

We ALL know that it really is just whatever Walmart decides and target will do either the same time or an hour later though right :)

Black thursday Black Friday...whatever the blank you want to call it is an abomination and should be eliminated. Its my least favorite "holiday" of the year.

Folks, we all know this won't be made official until the very last second when they have to post the schedule.

Is it really worth the stress and aggravation to complain and worry about it for the next month?

Folks, we all know this won't be made official until the very last second when they have to post the schedule.

Is it really worth the stress and aggravation to complain and worry about it for the next month?

This is what I told a TM in the breakroom at my store last night. I told them we wont even know until 2 or 1 week before black friday anyway

I heard they were going to partner with NASA and invest hundreds of trillions of dollars to slow the Earth's rotation to 72 hours instead of the traditional 24. Y'know, so they can increase sales projections by a few thousand.

Don't quote me though.

I've been predicting 4pm for the past month and holding strong with that prediction. No way it stays at 6pm since I'm pretty sure it was that last year.

Ya it was...I mean we cant pass up just a few more dollars right.....

Also can we stop lieing and calling it black friday. Its not Friday anymore.

Its offically Black Thanksgiving...or Black Thursday

I'm leaning towards 7pm. That's what my STL has indicated she has heard most.

I have a question... if you don't work Thanksgiving day but work on BF, do you still get Holiday Pay? I have a feeling no. Also, let's say you work 10pm - 5am, do you get paid Holiday Pay for the entire shift or just those 2 hours?

Same question for Christmas eve.

I have a question... if you don't work Thanksgiving day but work on BF, do you still get Holiday Pay? I have a feeling no.
No, you just get the extra $1/hr.

Also, let's say you work 10pm - 5am, do you get paid Holiday Pay for the entire shift or just those 2 hours?
10pm Thanksgiving to midnight would be time and a half plus the $1/hr shift diff. The rest of the shift after midnight would be just the extra $1hr.

@asidius's post above has an image with all the details.

I'm dreading it this year especially since I'll have a kid (I'm actually hoping my wife is overdue just until Black Thursday is over) because I don't think I could function.

I spend Christmas on Christmas Eve so I don't mind if they open the store at Christmas on regular hours.

Same with Thanksgiving. My family and relatives spend it during lunch so I'm cool with it.

I just lose a lot of hours of sleep. My energy drinks consumption during Black Friday is not good for my health.

I'm dreading it this year especially since I'll have a kid (I'm actually hoping my wife is overdue just until Black Thursday is over) because I don't think I could function.
First babies tend to be overdue.
When is her date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back