Archived Black Thursday and you

Status
Not open for further replies.
We appear to have lost yet another set of electronics keys, leaving one for the backroom/flow and one for the rest of electronics. We have a billion magnet keys all of a sudden, but only the two to unlock the video games, cameras, etc.

The TMs keep coming over to the lock box and getting pissed there are no keys to grab. Sorry...you all lost them...go get angry at yourselves....you made your job harder, not really my problem.

This is the 4th quarter in a row you've all lost a set. They didn't replace the one from last year, and I doubt this one will be replaced anytime soon, either. Maybe they'll start being a bit more careful? Ha.

Mine wasn't bad. I handed out the door busters. Only had a couple guests try to get extras. Told them that once they got in line, I'd give them one. Those, quickly walked back to the front where they were. Then a guest who wanted a new one because he didn't win a giftcard. Haha

I sold at least 30 extended warranties. Talked about aliens coming down and breaking stuff, and they thought it was a great idea.

After that, I did abandons. Still have been working abandons. Since I'm trained all over the store, softlines has been the worst. Other than that, it's been uneventful and just busy.

Store did a little over 1.3 million between Thursday/Friday. A few arrests for theft. One guy tried to run out the door with a pair of beats and got clotheslined by a cop.

I've got tomorrow's closing shift so I didn't have the pleasure of working the black Thursday rush, though from these posts, it seemed pretty tame for most.

Weird, most of our Black Thursday openers worked Friday too.

Past three days I did:

Thurs: 6 PM - 2:30 AM
Fri: 10:45 - 9:45
Sat: 7:30 - 4:00

Most of the longer-term employees at our store ended up working Thursday, Friday and Saturday too.
The ones, like me, who got just Friday and Saturday, whether it was the morning shift or the closing, were seasonal employees who had just gotten hired a few weeks ago.

Kind of glad I didn't get stuck with Thursday though, because when I came in, our store was a wreck. It looked like a tornado tore through it.

We had a guest hand us a product with a price tag telling us its so and so price,which it wasnt, started yelling , cussing in spanish, calling me and the cashier nasty names. She even through asprin at the cashier, the LOD didnt get there in timw to kick them out. We still had tons of ipads, one lady got 6 or so before i said no more, and she called another...its pretty obvious youve had more than yoir limit when you pay with giftcards over and over and want the same ones. People get really greedy these type of days. Had the electronics TL get snappy with her when she acted dumb ad tried using the gift card for the ipads immediately
ive had that happen before, as soon as it gets out of control im done. tge insulting me in spanish thing doesn't work on me, my godmother is mexican, so i know some spanish. as soon as i snap back on them they get so embarassed. i guess tgere not expecting
WTF. lod is an idiot for one tgere were no trucks tonight
Our store did get a truck tonight.

Our store had trucks as well, I think masterofalltrades store not having one is more an exception than the norm actually.

We did a truck unload at 10p Thursday, and another at 4a Saturday. I think they called the thursday into friday truck the "lull trailer."
i kinda wish we had gotten a truck, because we seriously needed replenishment. but i guess the stl figured there would be no way to push it. especially on the third floor, evidently we didnt have a lull period anyway.

We appear to have lost yet another set of electronics keys, leaving one for the backroom/flow and one for the rest of electronics. We have a billion magnet keys all of a sudden, but only the two to unlock the video games, cameras, etc.

The TMs keep coming over to the lock box and getting pissed there are no keys to grab. Sorry...you all lost them...go get angry at yourselves....you made your job harder, not really my problem.

This is the 4th quarter in a row you've all lost a set. They didn't replace the one from last year, and I doubt this one will be replaced anytime soon, either. Maybe they'll start being a bit more careful? Ha.

Has this issue been taken up with your AP leader?

He doesn't care.

He doesn't care.

That really speaks volumes about how different stores have different AP cultures. My ETL-AP would have a shitfit if someone lost a set of keys.

We thought we lost a cash key. AP didn't care and just said we would order a new one until I got my ETL involved who got the STL involved and told AP he had 24 hours to figure out what happened before the STL had the store re-cored.

It was awesome. I was nervous and scared, but I loved it. I worked as a runner in electronics taking people's electronics such as Xbox, PS4 , Beats etc etc to the registers.

Mine was pretty good. I was literally running around the store to help guests in MMB.

What's pretty sad is the state of our backroom. I've seen way too much shit not located in the Electronics stockroom like Wii Just Dance 2015 and 2 Beats headphones. We also have four $450 Xbox Ones in the stockroom. Doesn't make sense why they're still in the back so I pulled them out and put them in the salesfloor, which were gone in an hour. About 6 BF DVD shippers they where too lazy to pull out that I have to do it for them.

Dang if we are missing electronics keys our ETL-HL goes apeshit. Heck we just left all the electronics , beats, xboxs, ps4s and everytging else were on pallets. Had an xbox 360 stolen, and alarms going off all night. All i know is RIP green attachments score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back