Archived Black Thursday and you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best TM NA

Best Team Member North America
Ok my black thursday was amazing. I handled the electronics boat as a noh cashier. How was everyones thursday?!

I served a jillion bags of popcorn, hot dogs, pizzas and pretzels. Silly people!

Boring. Was falling asleep the whole time. I only made one person sad/mad, though and it wasn't my fault, technically.

This couple came in without a plan and ruined someone else's night. They split up, she piled TVs on a flat, I push the flat to where they meet, husband says I don't want those TVs, they're not smart (stupid because smart tv software sucks and doesn't always get updates when it's being sucky annd he was buying an apple tv anyway) so I take the TVs back. The woman comes up behind me like "hey where are my TVs?" And as someone is eyeing one, she takes it from under his nose. (I apparently misunderstood her husband about which TVs he didn't want... And she wasn't buying them all for their home anyway, I guess) Terrible part of it all? In the end, she bought 3 TVs and the one she snatched from the guy wasn't one of them.. And he was gone by the time she made this decision. I pushed this woman's flat for like 30 minutes, then a coworker was helping her and followed her around for another hour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stood around in a fancy green shirt in front of our iPad cage telling people that we didn't have anymore 32gb or 64gb iPads left. It wasn't that bad.

Busy. Very busy. GSA shift from 6:00 to 2:30, did about 320,000 in sales before midnight.

I honestly had one of the most peaceful cashiering shifts I've ever experienced in my entire time at Target. Despite them constantly calling out on the walkies that my register was available, they never seemed to send guests my way, and as a result I spent most the night waiting for someone to show up. I even had enough time to neatly fold all of the clothes that I rang up rather than having to do a rushed job of it.

Went swimmingly. 6pm opening kept people a lot nicer this year. Semi glad I got the opening shift, bc I would be falling asleep during this lull we're having.

Went great! pulled GPUs from 3:30PM to 6:00PM, we opened the doors and I did SFS functions and various Backroom duties the rest of my shift. Now I get to look forewords to a long weekend off

Psh my Thursday was crazy. I was at electronics on the register. The line for the ipads was out of control. People were cutting each other etc and no one was managing the line. Then guests started complaining about being in line all day and people cutting them that the LOD started giving rain checks to guests for ipads telling them to come back later we will have more. All this happened in the first hour we opened. Then after the store died down the ETLS and STL let a reseller... yes a reseller buy all the ipads minis and Ipad air 2 we had left. He bought like 30 plus I pad minis and maybe 20 something ipads air 2. This happened at around 10pm. Dude spent like 20,000 dollars. Then the guest said he did the same thing at another target a couple of hours earlier. And finally when my shift was ending I had a guest come with a rain check for the ipads air 2 at 1 am demanding to get her ipads because the LOD said we would have more. So I call the LOD and the guest is arguing with the LOD. So my Thursday was really crazy.

Psh my Thursday was crazy. I was at electronics on the register. The line for the ipads was out of control. People were cutting each other etc and no one was managing the line. Then guests started complaining about being in line all day and people cutting them that the LOD started giving rain checks to guests for ipads telling them to come back later we will have more. All this happened in the first hour we opened. Then after the store died down the ETLS and STL let a reseller... yes a reseller buy all the ipads minis and Ipad air 2 we had left. He bought like 30 plus I pad minis and maybe 20 something ipads air 2. This happened at around 10pm. Dude spent like 20,000 dollars. Then the guest said he did the same thing at another target a couple of hours earlier. And finally when my shift was ending I had a guest come with a rain check for the ipads air 2 at 1 am demanding to get her ipads because the LOD said we would have more. So I call the LOD and the guest is arguing with the LOD. So my Thursday was really crazy.
WTF. lod is an idiot for one tgere were no trucks tonight, and two tge computer will reject the raincheck cause of the giftcard offer. That reseller better have done 4 attachments per ipad to put you in that predicament. i would seriously have a convo with your stl about that, because that is unacceptle on so many levels.

It was okay. I was in charge of electronics and everything went okay there. Really dead just before I left. I was super zoning the same stuff over and over. Still a few TVs in my own area (RTW). Ready for bed.

got to luv those resellers. we had one come through, total pro at it. Don't know how much he got. Although I did here had a truck/trailer/reindeer+sleigh thing going on

Our
Our line was tame. Everything was well managed and no one was taking cuts. I don't think the off duty police officer would have stood for anything.

WTF. lod is an idiot for one tgere were no trucks tonight, and two tge computer will reject the raincheck cause of the giftcard offer. That reseller better have done 4 attachments per ipad to put you in that predicament. i would seriously have a convo with your stl about that, because that is unacceptle on so many levels.
Our store did get a truck tonight. And the system will let you print a rain check. Just not a proper rain check. It won't have a bar code on it. And the reseller only bought ipads no attachments. Then he said he will be back tomorrow to buy all the ipods and iTunes cards. And STL was there while the reseller bought the ipads because she talked him into letting her buy 2.

Our store did get a truck tonight. And the system will let you print a rain check. Just not a proper rain check. It won't have a bar code on it. And the reseller only bought ipads no attachments. Then he said he will be back tomorrow to buy all the ipods and iTunes cards. And STL was there while the reseller bought the ipads because she talked him into letting her buy 2.
wow really bad stl, def should have negotiated a better deal for the aar. the rule is 4 per guest anyway. just one question though, how would you accept the raincheck without a barcode?

I've got tomorrow's closing shift so I didn't have the pleasure of working the black Thursday rush, though from these posts, it seemed pretty tame for most.
However, I do have a friend who was working today at one of the Targets downtown and she ended up getting an elbow to the eye when two customers decided to have an impromptu tug of war fight over some kid's toy. I only feel a little bad about laughing at her misery and probably blackening eye :D

wow really bad stl, def should have negotiated a better deal for the aar. the rule is 4 per guest anyway. just one question though, how would you accept the raincheck without a barcode?
That part I honestly do not know. That would be an ETL question. ... maybe instead of getting a gift card they make a price adjustment on the ipad.

We had a guest hand us a product with a price tag telling us its so and so price,which it wasnt, started yelling , cussing in spanish, calling me and the cashier nasty names. She even through asprin at the cashier, the LOD didnt get there in timw to kick them out. We still had tons of ipads, one lady got 6 or so before i said no more, and she called another...its pretty obvious youve had more than yoir limit when you pay with giftcards over and over and want the same ones. People get really greedy these type of days. Had the electronics TL get snappy with her when she acted dumb ad tried using the gift card for the ipads immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back