Archived Black Thursday - iPad Arrangement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am working with my store's APTL on how to best organize our iPads so we can quickly and efficiently identify which iPad is which for guests during the evening of Thanksgiving.

In the past, we pulled the zone 9 security cage right up to the electronics boat entrance and had individual stacks of iPads with pieces of labeled cardboard on each. It works, but it seems like there should be a better way of handling it.

I am curious if anyone else does it differently and finds it successful.

Thats how our store does it, except they put little stickers on the side of each iPad. Usually they just write the last 4 of the DPCI on each sticker, but I'm not sure if they add anything extra on BF.

Thats how my store does it. Stickers would be great. I really hope I m not put as cashier in electronics for this reason. I don't do apple so I can't distinguish the difference easily. I'm scheduled 4pm-1230 so I hope I'm interior line monitor.

We had 2 big guys at the boat to control iPads with Ap guy as support at the register. It depends on many units you have at the store. Just use the price inquiry for correct info.

1) put all of the ipads in security cage nice and neat.

2) organize ipads from smallest gb to highest gb

3) sticky notes ( which provider at&t or verizion, how many gbs,color etc)

4) place the sticky notes on the side of the ipads instead of on top so you don't have to take it off each time.

This is my method.

it also helps to let the cashiers know how the service plans work so you are not bouncing around left and right.

We take a black sharpie and write codes on ours. Then when they are placed in the cage, have the codes facing out. Organize piles by iPad Air, air 2, minis ect....

Example SG32V = space gray, 32 GB, Verizon

To all the seasoned TMs that have done this before will the iPads sell out you think? And do TMs get to put stuff on hold for are selfs?

No holds. You have to wait in line just like the guest. If there is any left over when you are on break then you can buy them.

We use the security cage and organize the product into wacos. Partner with your backroom team lead and see if they have any extra wacos laying around.

Just heard this from a lurker:
They gave their cage a second level by running lengths of 1x4s thru the sides halfway up, using wasted space above. The ends that stuck out the sides were duct-tapped (with a space in between each slat) so they wouldn't jar loose.
Depending on the height of your stacks, you could possibly add a third.

We use the security cage and organize the product into wacos. Partner with your backroom team lead and see if they have any extra wacos laying around.
Just heard this from a lurker:
They gave their cage a second level by running lengths of 1x4s thru the sides halfway up, using wasted space above. The ends that stuck out the sides were duct-tapped (with a space in between each slat) so they wouldn't jar loose.
Depending on the height of your stacks, you could possibly add a third.
Those are interesting ideas. I shall play around with them.

My security cage already has a second level to it five feet above the base and another two feet above that to the top of the cage. I should be able to add a third level, and maybe even a fourth, and waco the whole thing. It won't support all of the iPads we have, but it should give me an ample supply of every size, color and type. I would just need to have a backroom team member ready to pull an EXF batch if we run low. I shall play around with it and see if I can do better than just stacks.

I would just need to have a backroom team member ready to pull an EXF batch if we run low.
I would just make space in your iPad lockup in the backroom for unlocated product, and send AP or some larger TMs back to get them when needed. You may not have time to wait for a batch to be pulled and the BR won't appreciate having to drop everything to pull it quickly.

^That's pretty much what we did last year. A green metro in the Electronics backroom, the iPads were sorted, stacked and each one was labeled with a colored post-it note tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back