Archived Body odor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lrou98

Because of YOU
I have a feeling this has been discussed before and if you can direct me I would appreciate it. Our guest services guy has a tremendous, sickening body odor and I dont know if I call the hotline or do I keep this in store and go to HR? I don't know how to approach the subjuct other than directly...He is a nice guy and probably doesn't notice it...but I could be wrong.

I would talk to hr it may be a medical issue and yes that does exist. We had a tm for a short time that had a similar issue sadly some big mouths put her on blast and she left on her own out of embarrassment. A few of us invited her to our usual after hours snack and bitch session. She has to get prescriptions from the doctor but it doesnt always help. I cant remember what it waz called that she has though.

Last edited:
We had a team member who had smelly clothes because unfortunately his family’s water got cut off and he was not able to wash them. It might be a situation like that. Talk to hr. A hotline call isn’t necessary.

There was a TM who always smelled like shit, cat piss and smegma and would show up for work with his red and khaki completely stiff with filth. It was horrifying. I think HR must have threatened to write him up or actually did so (he claimed he couldn't afford a water bill, but everyone always saw him buying video games and Funkos in electronics after his shifts) because he eventually started showing up in clean shirts and showered. I'm probably still going to get lung cancer from breathing his aura though, jfc

There's a fellow cashier that I can just smell three registers over. Or, when I walk in for my shift and that B.O. hits me, I know they're working SCO. Lo and behold, I look over, yup, there you are. How do the guests not smell you?

I have bought pants and shirts for a TM, when they claimed they couldn’t afford new ones. I have stopped caring after this TM constantly called out. Of course you can’t afford basic things like shirts, its because you are F**%#ing lazy.

I love that it’s gs. Perhaps the atmosphere can be exploited to your advantage.
But seriously hr and try to be understanding.

I love that it’s gs. Perhaps the atmosphere can be exploited to your advantage.
But seriously hr and try to be understanding.

honestly so many people with bad odor don't even know because no one says shit to them and then they go to HR instead of telling them directly lmao...to this day if someone has bad pit smell next to me working for more than one day in a row I tell them about it and if its awkward so be it...worse if I gotta smell your pits...rather it be awkward haha but seriously even I have gone in to work knowing I wont smell great in 2 hours after I work truck or something and I make up for it by running through the deodorant aisle and spritzing myself a bit.

You'd think but it was the food/cooking odors that seeped into clothing and skin plus America is a hyper-clean culture compared to other parts of the world.

body-odor.gif

giphy-downsized.gif

4qu7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back