Archived Bounce back 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were given the holiday bounce back info the other day. It gives usual stuff with dates, & Christmas plastic coming back again, etc. I'd glanced at real quick. Very busy doing ptm seasonal & helping out with ncf stuff in toys. What is the question?

Just trying to get the jump on bounceback. Nothing has been given out at my store yet about it and we have a store that typically places second. I would like to go and get first for once and was just curious if somebody could post one of theirs if they had it for the upcoming one. I work in consumables.

It's always the same... just get rid of seasonal and condense it quickly to get regular priced merchandise out ASAP. Get rid of ALL Christmas signing on the 24th to be ready for the 26th. Clean clean clean. Audit all labels/label strips. Make sure all new POGS/Salesplans are completed in a timely(1 week early, regardless what Spot says) manner. Condense all mini seasonal to main seasonal ASAP. Move all seasonal PLU items to main seasonal as space opens up so the rest of the store can set swimsuits and back to school( just kidding on the back to school, but not on the swimsuits). I think you get the idea now.......

Get rid of ALL Christmas signing on the 24th to be ready for the 26th.

Takedown for Christmas Signing doesn't start till the 26th. You have the rest of the week to complete it. See the Monthly Signing Update for more details on takedown.

Mini-Seasonal sets 12/26 so that needs to be ready to go...going to be a fun day setting POGs around the crazy day-after-Christmas shoppers...

My store has already set and filled mini! Woo!

How the hell is that even possible? My store still has some stuff from mini in the backroom, let alone having it all condensed into rear! We've been trying too...the whole Plano team (except for me, I get dumped to Hardlines/Electronics when Plano hours are this low) has been working on condensing and organizing Seasonal and Toys as much as possible. Unfortunately, sales floor coverage is so light that we never have time to work on it during the day and help them, so pretty much after 11, our focus is solely on pulls since it takes us the whole hour to complete them before new ones drop. The idea of even doing something like a midday zone is a very rare occurance.

How the hell is that even possible? My store still has some stuff from mini in the backroom, let alone having it all condensed into rear! We've been trying too...the whole Plano team (except for me, I get dumped to Hardlines/Electronics when Plano hours are this low) has been working on condensing and organizing Seasonal and Toys as much as possible. Unfortunately, sales floor coverage is so light that we never have time to work on it during the day and help them, so pretty much after 11, our focus is solely on pulls since it takes us the whole hour to complete them before new ones drop. The idea of even doing something like a midday zone is a very rare occurance.

Wow, you actually have a plano team?
They cut the hours so deep that it's me and the PTL and part of my hours are for adset.

Our PTL and her team are awesome. They're a bunch of hard-working people and deserve more pay and recognition than what they get. They always seem to have the next sets for mini and seasonal done at least a week-if not more before Target's deadlines.

Our PTL and her team are awesome. They're a bunch of hard-working people and deserve more pay and recognition than what they get. They always seem to have the next sets for mini and seasonal done at least a week-if not more before Target's deadlines.

Honestly, if they're getting done a week or more before the set date, then some of their work is getting shifted over to flow because the flow team has to stock the stuff that comes in after POG sets it, but before the actual set date. Some stores don't have an issue with that and there are times that happens at my store. For my district, setting anything earlier than maybe the Wednesday before is a big mistake unless the POGs are green. Our DTL reams us if aisles for new sets are light on product. And coming soon signs...simply not allowed lol.

Honestly, if they're getting done a week or more before the set date, then some of their work is getting shifted over to flow because the flow team has to stock the stuff that comes in after POG sets it, but before the actual set date. Some stores don't have an issue with that and there are times that happens at my store. For my district, setting anything earlier than maybe the Wednesday before is a big mistake unless the POGs are green. Our DTL reams us if aisles for new sets are light on product. And coming soon signs...simply not allowed lol.

I don't know how they do it, but it was almost completely stocked today. Set two days ago, started filling the same day, yesterday, and today it looked pretty full. They had coming soon signs up for no more than a day. It's interesting to hear about how different some places are!

Our ETLs are now saying that it is "normal" for every Target store to set everything a week early. If that was true - why would it be early? Wouldn't that then make "early" actually be "on time"? How standard is it to be a week ahead? Our store always used to be but then we got a comepltely new ETL group and they strong-armed our awesome PTL our the door, and stuck us with one that never worked for Target before and still hasn't gotten anything down, let alone setting "on time" let alone setting "one week early". Sorry if thats jumbled, i'm a bitter bear this week.

Takedown for Christmas Signing doesn't start till the 26th. You have the rest of the week to complete it. See the Monthly Signing Update for more details on takedown.

Mini-Seasonal sets 12/26 so that needs to be ready to go...going to be a fun day setting POGs around the crazy day-after-Christmas shoppers...

Every single year the Monthly states you have one week (basically until the 31st) to do takedown. For some reason every year ETLs somehow interpret this is "must be removed by 12/26". I never get this. Guests don't like it either. They are coming in on the 26th to spend their holiday giftcards, or exchange/return. Or to clean up on the holiday clearance. They like seeing the holiday decorations up still. Having the week makes sense because it gives you enough time to get down what you need to for Mini and the new sets, yet still have time with the team to do all the inline, troubleshooting, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back