Service & Engagement Box B (ESIM) or C (CRC)?

starmaster1000

Master NCR Torture Device Operator
My Service Desk team argues with me every night about this.

They keep throwing this stuff with the E-Waste logo in CRC.

I, a scholar, tell them the Box designation at the bottom (Box B) overrides any logo and thus requires ESIM bagging and zip tying.

I come in the next day, 90,000 of these in CRC again.

What say you?

CBFBE1D5-0CD7-49C4-B1B1-499417963704.jpeg

I was always taught that it needs to be bag and sealed, but boxed with the CRC. I was scheduled in Receiving awhile ago for a few weeks and when I sorted Box B, everything with the E- I was told to put with CRC while everything else in Box B was sorted into new bins.

And back when we audited the CRC every night, stuff with the E label came up onto that Audit. I may not be correct, but that’s the way we always do it.

Bagged and sealed but still sent on the CRC pallet. Esim is state regulated waste and they won’t take things that come up E recycling. They’re essentially things that have an opportunity to be environmental sensitive items but arent regulated by your state or any state for that matter. CRC also isn’t electronics. It’s anything that needs to be returned and sorted/handled separately from normal salvage. Normal salvage goes somewhere to be sold by the pallet. CRC goes somewhere to be sorted and either disposed of properly or returned to the manufacturer like Apple. I’m not an expert as to what officially happens to these pallets after they leave but that’s my basic understanding.

E recycling definitely goes on the CRC pallet though.

Last edited:
My Service Desk team argues with me every night about this.

They keep throwing this stuff with the E-Waste logo in CRC.

I, a scholar, tell them the Box designation at the bottom (Box B) overrides any logo and thus requires ESIM bagging and zip tying.

I come in the next day, 90,000 of these in CRC again.

What say you?

View attachment 9488
They can mix E-waste logo with the CRC box or mix it with Box B. As a receiver, I’d prefer it to be mixed with CRC box so I don’t have to deal with it.

You are aware of the CRC and E-recycling sticker rules? Yellow CRC stickers on a box containing multiple items (CRC and small E-waste logo items). While white/blue E-recycling stickers can only be put on individual large E-waste logo items like a microwave or baby item.
We’re currently have a battle with guest service on making sure the stickers are being put on correctly.

I was always taught that it needs to be bag and sealed, but boxed with the CRC. I was scheduled in Receiving awhile ago for a few weeks and when I sorted Box B, everything with the E- I was told to put with CRC while everything else in Box B was sorted into new bins.

And back when we audited the CRC every night, stuff with the E label came up onto that Audit. I may not be correct, but that’s the way we always do it.
Yup our Recever/"Reverse Logistics Expert" sorts all the Box B and she does send them on a CRC pallet in a separate box, with bags.

Bagged and sealed but still sent on the CRC pallet. Esim is state regulated waste and they won’t take things that come up E recycling. They’re essentially things that have an opportunity to be environmental sensitive items but arent regulated by your state or any state for that matter. CRC also isn’t electronics. It’s anything that needs to be returned and sorted/handled separately from normal salvage. Normal salvage goes somewhere to be sold by the pallet. CRC goes somewhere to be sorted and either disposed of properly or returned to the manufacturer like Apple. I’m not an expert as to what officially happens to these pallets after they leave but that’s my basic understanding.

E recycling definitely goes on the CRC pallet though.
Yes agreed.

I guess my question was about the sorting at Guest Service. You're essentially saying it doesn't matter, so long as it's bagged?

Our TMs don't bag. They see that symbol, boom, into the CRC bin which is boxed up.

They can mix E-waste logo with the CRC box or mix it with Box B. As a receiver, I’d prefer it to be mixed with CRC box so I don’t have to deal with it.

You are aware of the CRC and E-recycling sticker rules? Yellow CRC stickers on a box containing multiple items (CRC and small E-waste logo items). While white/blue E-recycling stickers can only be put on individual large E-waste logo items like a microwave or baby item.
We’re currently have a battle with guest service on making sure the stickers are being put on correctly.
Yes, and they never get me the Blue/White stickers.

We box the CRC at Guest Service and put it directly on the CRC pallet. It is never sorted by the Receiver/RevLog Expert since it's boxed and palletized already.

There are special blue/white stickers? I've worked GS for quite a long time and have never seen such a sticker.

We put B in with the CRC unless has a ST or ESIM code in which we bag and put into ESIM bin.

I still don't understand why the zebra says "destroy" for some items but then prints out a B/ST sticker. We just throw it all in the ESIM bin.

There are special blue/white stickers? I've worked GS for quite a long time and have never seen such a sticker.

We put B in with the CRC unless has a ST or ESIM code in which we bag and put into ESIM bin.

I still don't understand why the zebra says "destroy" for some items but then prints out a B/ST sticker. We just throw it all in the ESIM bin.

Yeah, they are blue bordered with blue text on a white background. Says something along the lines of "Electronic recycling - send to CRC" or something. I'll try to snap a pic of one tonight.

Have you also noticed it doesn't matter if you say "Yes" or "No" to the ESIM question on the Zebra? "Does the item have a broken... yada yada?" [Yes] "Okay, label!" [No] "Okay, label!" 😕

Yes, and they never get me the Blue/White stickers.

We box the CRC at Guest Service and put it directly on the CRC pallet. It is never sorted by the Receiver/RevLog Expert since it's boxed and palletized already.
The SAP number is L1019.1. Yea once the CRC box is taped up, it should go on the CRC pallet and it need not be sorted by the Receiver unless Guest Service doesn’t follow best practice.

I think they put “destroy” since it has to be properly destroyed with ESIM. That’s probably why “Overide to toss” is unavailable as an option. It is better than “toss” since we might be against compliance if we say toss.
5333AA21-907C-47B9-998B-EADF55A51B5E.jpeg
Have you also noticed it doesn't matter if you say "Yes" or "No" to the ESIM question on the Zebra? "Does the item have a broken... yada yada?" [Yes] "Okay, label!" [No] "Okay, label!" 😕
I’ve said “No” once it and let me donate it. It was some laundry detergent.

Last edited:
I was told that it just meant special handling required but still crc. Regular box B is just special handling that is to be disposed of. Target makes some money back on CRC so even if it requires some special handling with the Box B code. Not all special handling requires a bag and tie.

I was told that it just meant special handling required but still crc. Regular box B is just special handling that is to be disposed of. Target makes some money back on CRC so even if it requires some special handling with the Box B code. Not all special handling requires a bag and tie.
According to leadership, the CRC warehouse puts everything on a conveyor belt. Anything with the Yellow CRC sticker gets cut open and contents thrown on the belt. It gets sorted and Target gets money back on the returns. I think bag and tying E-recycling just creates more work down the line.
E Sticker goes into the CRC box. When we used to check the list against what was in the box, the E-waste items would be on the list. I used to have the issue where TM's would put these items into Box E - vendor box.
I told guest service E-waste goes in the CRC box. They started putting microwaves in their CRC box. I know it fits in the box but it doesn’t mean put a large item in there.

Back