Archived Break restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
All stores in my district enforce the policy. The reasoning is that the alarm must remained armed during certain hours. If it's taken down during restricted times, alarm exceptions pop up. It's actually a store metric.

I still don't understand how the policy can be legally enforced though. Some states are very worker friendly and I'm surprised would allow it.
Am from California. It would be mega, extra special beaucoup illegal here. If you are not free to leave, you are working according to state law. PERIOD. That means two things in this case. First, every single such lunch is wage theft. Second, your store is violating meal compliance, because California law requires an unpaid meal break, and as far as the law is concerned, you didn't get one, because you were working unpaid instead. I don't imagine our labor board would be impressed.

If you're not being paid, you must be free to leave.

We're not supposed to sit at starbucks....only have a few tables. Our Starbucks is near the front lanes and the exit doors, so it really doesn't look good to have TMs there anyway.
In fact, when we've had new TMs and they take their break at Starbucks there are always experienced TMs who tell the newbies that they can't take their breaks at Starbucks.

I guess that with the breaks the ASANTS is really true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back