Break times

Hey all I was just curious about how much time you get to make it to the break room. Also how much time they give you to return to your work area at the end of break. Our expectation is to keep working up until 3 minutes before break starts, and then they give us 6 minutes to return to our work area. So basically on the B2 key our last scan is expected to be no earlier than 6:57pm for our 7:00pm break (with exceptions of course). First scan after break no later than 7:34pm.

It was a 3 and 3 setup at the RDC I worked in, although they werent too anal as long as you hit numbers. Maybe that has started to change with the increased scan gap focus.

Some of the guys that had gone to support other DCs (pre-covid but atill recent enough) said that the NY RDC they supported had people staying 10-15 minutes after the bell in the breakroom and the managers didnt say anything because they were so desperate to keep workers lmao.

It was a 3 and 3 setup at the RDC I worked in, although they werent too anal as long as you hit numbers. Maybe that has started to change with the increased scan gap focus.

Some of the guys that had gone to support other DCs (pre-covid but atill recent enough) said that the NY RDC they supported had people staying 10-15 minutes after the bell in the breakroom and the managers didnt say anything because they were so desperate to keep workers lmao.

15 mins extra at 579 was the norm until leadership cracked down on it last year.

3 minutes and 2 bells each for our 2 daily breaks
Whew! I’m in a one of the bigger warehouses and it takes 5 minutes to drive from one end of the warehouse to the other. On the order picker or the slower equipment anyways. Takes 3 minutes for a faster piece of equipment. Not to mention ppl that have to walk to break, 6 minutes feels like barely enough time for me

15 mins extra at 579 was the norm until leadership cracked down on it last year.
That’s wild because I actually volunteered to work at that exact DC for a week back in 2022 and it’s substantially smaller compared to my home DC. I don’t need a 15 minute extension but I wish they were just a bit more lax. They complain about 1 or 2 minutes even when it’s not a normal occurrence for me to be late

That’s wild because I actually volunteered to work at that exact DC for a week back in 2022 and it’s substantially smaller compared to my home DC. I don’t need a 15 minute extension but I wish they were just a bit more lax. They complain about 1 or 2 minutes even when it’s not a normal occurrence for me to be late

Seems like your DC is pretty lax, 15 extra minutes would be unheard of here. and out OM tries to give people crap about clocking in on time, but meandering to startup at 6:01 instead of 6 sharp (but it's ok whenever theyre running late to startup of course). "just because you clocked in at 6 doesnt mean you were on time" is an actual phrase I've heard.

It's kind of crazy how things have changed over the yrs, sometimes in the past particularly on friday all the other depts would come to the time clocks up front 15-20 early. Now the OM will stand at the clock and if you walk up at :57, they'll make you clock out at :57.

I mean I would probably be mad too if I was a OM and hundreds of employees were constantly being lazy tho lol.

Back