Archived Bring Z-racks back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys don't have the new white softline rack with the basket at the bottom? We got them during our remodel. Not sure what their called tho.

Apparently, our DTL said we can't even have that. I'm going to bring it up (again) tomorrow, though.

Same here. But our business is on fire...... and more payroll is added each week. Cha-ching!

Same re business; at least 25% of store sales is A+A.

We still schedule each TM for FR shifts. 1 or 2 hours max.

I have to say...... the Team has been amazing during this last year w/ ALL the changes that have occurred. They've been so flexible, so understanding, so reliable. It's kind of awe-inspiring that they come back every day, and start the craziness all over again ! I know, KNOW they are stressed to their max with EVERYTHING that is expected of them; but still...... they smile and laugh, they help ALL their Guests, and they help each other.

We are trying to rotate TMs at the fitting room, but it's a daily struggle.

Wait, I thought we weren't allowed to use Carts anymore? Even Pricing. (We were told this off and on for the last year, but now my store is enforcing it). LOL
So what was the solution on what should be used? Pricing should do what exactly with the salvage, reshop, equiptment, empty hangers...you know the crap you gather all day everyday. What about presentation team members? Cleaning supplys, signing, replacement xtras like label strip holders and pegs...not to mention garbage bags and now recycle bags/boxes. When asked Stl and Dtl had no solution just said no carts. My response...HAVE YA'LL LOST YOUR MINDS?

Wow we have two small racks plus three or four z racks and at least 4 three tiers for our fr. If we had anything less we would have no fr

Honestly, a lot of these changes just seem unnecessary. I am wholeheartedly open to creating a great experience for our guests, but some of these changes just seem to do more harm than good. Is the case for restricting use of Z-bars a means of reducing clutter? Is prohibiting team members using carts for work so guests have more of them? Unless we're getting equipment to work more efficiently, it just seems like unrealistic expectations.

Wow we have two small racks plus three or four z racks and at least 4 three tiers for our fr. If we had anything less we would have no fr

It was a huge "cultural" change for us as well. Our STL just ripped the bandaid off one day..... NO GO-BACKS. EVER AGAIN. We complied. At first, the Team was feeling very disorganized running back and forth, grabbing go-backs every 10 minutes ! So we observed the "chaos"; and tried to create a choreographed routine: Collect go-backs from GS at every break/lunch/beginning of shift. When you drop that merch at the FR, you take a handful of go-backs at that time as well to put away. The Team kept the momentum going all day, and the FR stays clean. Periodically, we need to blitz the FR and everyone collects a few handfuls of merch and puts it away quickly. Now, it's our normal routine. The FR stays very Brand, all day long.

Outside of keeping "brand", it seems more counterproductive than anything. Does your store still schedule team members for fitting room shifts, or are they following the "everyone must follow every guess to the fitting room and check the fitting room every X minutes" rule?

Counterproductive, inefficient....stupid. Yep. And neither. There is no official Fitting room attendant, we just take turns and rotate throughout our shift. but we don't really have to follow any rules per se. My STL had a talk with me recently and said that... No joke... She could care less about me following the guests into the rooms or counting items, my focus should just be on suggestive sales. Why would the two be mutually exclusive? Who knows!

You guys don't have the new white softline rack with the basket at the bottom? We got them during our remodel. Not sure what their called tho.

No, I've never even heard of that. It sounds wonderful.

When I started, we used carts in the shed. We had a small single rack for rtw. The carts for each dept never moved to different positions so we always knew where which one was. It's good for the folded and the accessories. Hanging would go on the handle then we'd start piling it on top but if hours were low, eventually we'd need a z-rack to put overflowing hanging items on. Then we switched to the racks with the basket on the bottom. I liked carts (my joints prefer it tbh) but realistically, I think whatever is out of the way and least ugly is the best option and it doesn't sound like your store is doing that.

In a post remodel world, we don't have a shed/closet to hide reshop. There's continually 97 z and basket racks + the metrocarts (the less cute red metal rack with a big basket under it) outside of the main fitting rooms. Then the carts come from guest service and when the baskets on metro and basket racks fill up, carts come over for the excess folded and accessories It's an eyesore and it's in the damn way. One wall of clothing keeps going clearance because the z racks are always in front of it. Idk what will be done about it...

So what was the solution on what should be used? Pricing should do what exactly with the salvage, reshop, equiptment, empty hangers...you know the crap you gather all day everyday. What about presentation team members? Cleaning supplys, signing, replacement xtras like label strip holders and pegs...not to mention garbage bags and now recycle bags/boxes. When asked Stl and Dtl had no solution just said no carts. My response...HAVE YA'LL LOST YOUR MINDS?

Pricing uses 3 tiers in my store. We also have a no cart rule.

I must be lucky! We have 1 z-rack for go backs and we use carts for sort. We usually always have 1-3 carts of sort we keep at the FR too. And we have several of the little white racks with the basket on the bottom and usually stage them in their respective departments. But my goodness, I can’t imagine working out of no carts or z-racks :eek:

Last edited:
Any chance the "no cart" thing is a R300 thing? We seem to have some "specialized" rules. Not bad rules, just different from other Regions.

My store isn't allowed any vehicles at the FR anymore. As gobacks come from guest service or guests trying on clothes, the operator calls out and TMs in each area have to come pick them up immediately and work them out onto the floor.

It is exactly as efficient of a process as it sounds.

My store isn't allowed any vehicles at the FR anymore. As gobacks come from guest service or guests trying on clothes, the operator calls out and TMs in each area have to come pick them up immediately and work them out onto the floor.

There is no consistency to any of these rules. I'm starting to think that Target just likes to change up things for the hell of it.

It was a huge "cultural" change for us as well. Our STL just ripped the bandaid off one day..... NO GO-BACKS. EVER AGAIN. We complied. At first, the Team was feeling very disorganized running back and forth, grabbing go-backs every 10 minutes ! So we observed the "chaos"; and tried to create a choreographed routine: Collect go-backs from GS at every break/lunch/beginning of shift. When you drop that merch at the FR, you take a handful of go-backs at that time as well to put away. The Team kept the momentum going all day, and the FR stays clean. Periodically, we need to blitz the FR and everyone collects a few handfuls of merch and puts it away quickly. Now, it's our normal routine. The FR stays very Brand, all day long.
We tried this at our store as well. We gave it an honest attempt and kept it rolling for about a month, but it just didn't take.

It's possible this has something to do with how little sense this makes as a strategy:

So corporate has decided carts of reshop are an eyesore. Hmm...
Let's put more people on the salesfloor so we can actually get everything put away by the end of the day.
Let's look into ways to make putting away reshop more efficient.
Let's get rid of the carts. Surely removing carts from the equation solves everything.

sigh....

Wait....am I understanding that reshop/gobacks aren't at GS anymore? It's all at the FR?

Wait....am I understanding that reshop/gobacks aren't at GS anymore? It's all at the FR?
There are small plastic tubs at GS for each area but they don't fit much. And SL gobacks have to be sorted in the BR, as the FR is supposed to be "goback free".

R300 here too.

Well...... theoretically, there aren't reshop/gobacks ANYWHERE !! :eek: That's the whole idea.... NONE. ZIP. NADA. The product gets back to the floor immediately for the Guest (and SFS Guests as well......... no more rummaging/digging to fulfill an order).
So, GS "walkies" the Team when there's just a handful of A&A go-backs; and a TM rushes to get them. It's quite manageable in small doses..... we don't have a cart at the FR; so there's no chance of a pile-up occurring if someone is constantly collecting/distributing. The entire Team is responsible for reshop all day long so it doesn't build up. And...... the entire Team is responsible for their own rewrap.... no dumping it at the FR. In other words, everyone is hauling ass !

(This same theory works for Hardlines, Consumables, and Beauty as well. NO.MORE.CARTS.EVER)

In a "no red cart ... ever!" region, too but we still use them on a regular basis ... even the STL. Our fitting room is hidden in Ninja-fashion by not one but Two z-racks and at least two red carts and several baskets at all times. Looks pretty bad but there's simply no room for any other options. We also have a small'ish closet/softlines fixture room behind the FR desk but it's always occupied by TM personal items such as purses, jackets, clothes "on hold for TM so-and-so / ETL so-and-so" and even a bicycle on occasion. The jackets also always smell like a rotten ashtray which drifts on into the FR stalls with the occasional guest complaining then leaving. But it is all okay because these TMs have been with Spot for like 10-15 years so ... yeah ... we have z-racks.

*sorries for the ventz lol

Our FR is manned during all hours otherwise we would have lots of hanky-business going on in in there. Ex: we have our usual fella that likes to step out in his undies (sometimes without) asking how the hat he is trying on looks. My spot is in a lovely area teehee

This thread makes me thank my lucky stars my region has some shred of common operational sense. We're allowed the kids rack and one Z on weekdays. Ideally carts are only used till they're sorted onto the metro rack for folds or hung on the proper rack/Z. We're allowed to use as many Zs as we need on the weekends, especially now that it's swimsuit season. Someone's always at the fitting room because the cordless handset the operators used has been MIA for months and because we'd have theft out the wazoo (thanks for nothing, wannabe edgy kids) otherwise. Plus, there's always people trying stuff on since we're in an affluent area, you'd come back to a small mountain of clothes on the counter of the FR desk if you left the place unattended for even a few guests.

We have 15 full 3 tiers full of hba backstock in the hba stockroom. That is why I have to use a cart. Let someone ask me and I'll take them on a field trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back