Archived BRLA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have tips on how to get BRLA up?? Purging boxes and re-backstocking? The more ideas the better! My store just can’t get on board

You can scan more items in your pulls. I.e. if you're in a Waco, scan everything that its NOT looking for first, then the pictures item.

More scans usually equals higher accuracy, and it also helps filter through other errors to get it up in the long term.

Train TM's to exit/pause batch (move or SFS) , open audit app, audit location if item isn't there, open batch again- it will skip to next locations - no error. Takes longer but with the focus back on BRLA.... gotta do what u gotta do.

As others have said...training first. Multiple ways to fix the score, but if the root of the problem is TMs not understanding how to maintain their aisles, it’s only going to negate the work you do.

If your backroom is really jacked up and full, purging is probably the best—-Delete location in audit, re-push, and back-stock. Re-push will take more time, but better long term if space is a problem. But you need a plan to tackle this over a period of time.

If you don’t have the resources to re-push everything, have light wacos, or have really specific troubled areas and you want a quick turn-around, I would delete location in audit and re-backstock.

Agreed with training number 1, if people don’t know how to maintain their backroom & do things properly it won’t help in the long run. Each Monday I print the reports for my team with green, red or orange paper to show them what their percentage is & where main errors are so they can see the impact & where they need to audit. If I see trends within departments, have the team purge that section, push then rebackstock. Reverse fill should’ve lightened up the backroom for you & now with one for one it should help make room back there so it doesn’t get packed. I’m starting over with brand new DBOs in every department so our brla is horrible right now since they don’t understand, which is why training is #1

Other than not making mistakes in the first place your ETL needs to take a look at which area has the highest errors and assign someone to do a LOCU. That's where you remove ALL items from location and scan them back in. Preferably do it right after BTS since Halloween is very self contained to seasonal (unlike Christmas increasing toys and bedding as well).

Don't scan more items in an attempt to increase your BRLA. It's more likely to backfire than anything else. The way BRLA is calculated means 1 less error increases it more than 1 extra scan, so you definitely want to find a way to decrease the amount of errors you have. Ideally, you just want to scan the thing you're supposed to. That means matching the image, or DPCI when it's a casepack.

Training is #1, obviously. If everyone knows what to do, there's little reason why you wouldn't have green BRLA. Outside of that, you want all locations properly grouped. Any exceptions to the norm should be labeled (such as openstock shelves). You also want fewer DPCIs per location. Adjusting shelves so that you can fit more WACOs or shelf locations can help with that (having casepacks stacked on top of casepacks stacked on top of casepacks just increases the odds that one will fall behind and get registered as a ghost by a TM who is moving too quickly/lazily, only to then get registered as a baffle by someone else -- that's two errors over one casepack). Having someone do the Backroom System Audit can help as well, as it will direct a TM to fix suspect locations.

In my cereal aisle, I have all my openstock shelves marked with blue tape and a label that states "OPENSTOCK". I limit each openstock location to less than 4 DPCIs, if I can help it, and I adjusted my casepack shelves in a way to prevent someone from stacking casepacks on top of one another. I made sure I had no z-locations by grouping every location in my aisle as well. If I find time (not often), I will Audit shelves at random just to be safe (SFS is the bane of my existence). Only time I drop below 99-100% BRLA is when I help other areas with their pulls. Even then though, you can "cheat" the system by backing out of a pull when you hit a problem location, Auditing it, and going back into the pull. Only works when you have the time to actually do that though, which isn't always the case.

Always want to make sure every casepack has a label too. If the label is missing or it's a mispick, print a new label and slab it on the casepack, along with writing the quantity. It makes pulls a lot easier, especially now that we can't key DPCIs in manually anymore.
Why can't you work at our store. Thank you for the quicky but clear training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back