Archived BTS 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to make my post fairly clear-cut so that it wouldn't be misinterpreted, apparently that failed so I'll try again.

1. Target (corporate) supplies enough equipment. No one should be complaining about the amount of equipment corporate allocates to the stores.

2. Everyone is fully justified in completely disagreeing with the startment 'I have enough equipment/tools to do my job' on the BTS.

What I am pointing out is that people are wrongly blaming corporate for the equipment shortage when it is the store's fault for not properly maintaining their equipment. I don't agree with everything corporate does and I'm not trying to be their cheerleader. However, all things wrong with the company is not a direct result of a shortcoming by corporate. If your store struggles with equipment control, that is a direct failure by your store's leadership. Anyone here can cherry-pick all of the issues with the myDevice, but they do work when properly maintained.

You want to know what the top unsatisfied categories are- No particular order
Communication
Accountability
Compensation
In my last 3 stores these have been as consistent as no equipment on a Monday morning. Once they get the feedback, the most dissatisfied team will be Plano. Even though in a lot of stores they are pampered princesses. Don't get me wrong, I think for the most part they do a great job, but too many of them want you to kiss their ring. Then for 2 months after that you will see everyone over communication, writing everyone up and talking up our benefits. To be honest how about just save the time and money give every an extra penny and call it a day. Im surprised they still have the stones to give the survey right after handing out .05cent raises........And I love how it is "anonymous"! For team members it is. But for Team Leaders you get a damn emailed link! Then if you happen to be a Team Lead that is one of 2 that reports to an ETL, well you can do the math. I would never put anything on there my ETL doesn't already know. I think its a chicken shit move. If your a team lead and you don't have the backbone to let your ETL know how you feel, you're not a leader. Just my opinion folks

Communication
Accountability
Compensation

In my last 3 stores these have been as consistent as no equipment on a Monday morning. Once they get the feedback, the most dissatisfied team will be Plano. Even though in a lot of stores they are pampered princesses. Don't get me wrong, I think for the most part they do a great job, but too many of them want you to kiss their ring. Then for 2 months after that you will see everyone over communication, writing everyone up and talking up our benefits. To be honest how about just save the time and money give every an extra penny and call it a day. Im surprised they still have the stones to give the survey right after handing out .05cent raises........And I love how it is "anonymous"! For team members it is. But for Team Leaders you get a damn emailed link! Then if you happen to be a Team Lead that is one of 2 that reports to an ETL, well you can do the math. I would never put anything on there my ETL doesn't already know. I think its a chicken shit move. If your a team lead and you don't have the backbone to let your ETL know how you feel, you're not a leader. Just my opinion folks

It's like we work in the same store!

Communication
Accountability
Compensation
My main beef with Target is that there is zero leadership development. Just an ounce of effort in that category can improve accountability and communication.

I usually roll my eyes when I hear complaints about compensation. We work in retail, an industry that takes little to no skill. Compared to other industries, sure retail offers comparatively less. As far as how Target does within the industry? Target really isn't that bad.

Last edited:
I don't even know why Spot bothers with the BTS. I know at least at my store...we take it and never hear anything else about it . There was a point in time that we took the survey ...months later the results came back the stl and hr talked about it . Then they came up with a plan and had a "chat session" with the work centers. They went over the wins and opps ( according to the survey). We were able to further voice our concerns. Now, you take it and nothing. What good does it do? Seems to me like its a waste of time .

I don't even know why Spot bothers with the BTS. I know at least at my store...we take it and never hear anything else about it . There was a point in time that we took the survey ...months later the results came back the stl and hr talked about it . Then they came up with a plan and had a "chat session" with the work centers. They went over the wins and opps ( according to the survey). We were able to further voice our concerns. Now, you take it and nothing. What good does it do? Seems to me like its a waste of time .
It's a gauge for DTLs+ to evaluate leadership in stores as it is directly tied to salary raises/bonuses.

ETL: dowork, are you going to take the BTS?
dowork: -maniacal laughter- you bet your ass.

omg this WILL be me!
and yes Spot does have balls having BTS happen right after handing out shitty raises. i for one, plan on takling it twice as some TMs dont take it. but hear me out before you call fraud on me. for 10 months last year i was under ETL LOG, the last 2 were ETL SF so, i should be allowed to do both as my voiuce and opinions on both and important for both work areas!

I feel like stores are allocated enough equipment to do their jobs. It's up to the stores to educate TMs on how to maintain the equipment so that they aren't lost/broken. My store was allocated 10+ PDAs and 20+ myDevices and when I cared enough about people having that equipment to do their job properly, there was really only ever 1-2 myDevices down, leaving 28+ pieces of equipment to operate with, which is MORE than enough.

I tried getting buy-in from my peers (leadership) about the importance of maintaining them because I wasn't going to do it alone forever. Last time I checked, we had 7 working myDevices, almost perfectly cooordinated (not intentionally) with the BTS.

Based off your store's negligence, you may not have enough equipment to do your job properly, but that's not Spot's fault for not giving you enough. I'm sure at your higher-volume store, you're allocated 40+ pieces of equipment.
I'll remember this spiel next time I have a guest wait because I don't have a PDA or MyDevice to look something up for them at GS.

I would like to think that corporate would forego the BTS crap (and all the $$$/resources that are used on it) and just give higher pay either via merit raises or via starting wage. That is why people work.
While it's a nice thought, that raise would probably be less than a penny.

I feel like stores are allocated enough equipment to do their jobs. It's up to the stores to educate TMs on how to maintain the equipment so that they aren't lost/broken. My store was allocated 10+ PDAs and 20+ myDevices and when I cared enough about people having that equipment to do their job properly, there was really only ever 1-2 myDevices down, leaving 28+ pieces of equipment to operate with, which is MORE than enough.

I tried getting buy-in from my peers (leadership) about the importance of maintaining them because I wasn't going to do it alone forever. Last time I checked, we had 7 working myDevices, almost perfectly cooordinated (not intentionally) with the BTS.

Based off your store's negligence, you may not have enough equipment to do your job properly, but that's not Spot's fault for not giving you enough. I'm sure at your higher-volume store, you're allocated 40+ pieces of equipment.

I am of the camp of respect your tools, however when it is not enforced that people take care of equipment or even have to sign it out so it is kept track of, I have no respect for management who say its our fault we don't have. I need equipment to do my job and you will hear me bitch loud and clear until you get me working equipment. If you as management enforced policy there would be equipment but you don't so get to finding me equipment. Your failure to manage is not my problem.

flow at my store takes all the PDAs, which, even when i was ON FLOW, really irked me. if youre a flow TM who isnt backroom certified, take a mydevice. and if you dont like it, then push without as all the boxes tell you where to put it and if you cant be bothered to check an endcap which youve seen numerous times, then youre just lazy. especially the 5+ and the few 10+ year flow TMs that "cant" work without the PDA or MyDevice to guide them. to me thats pathetic youve been there that long and cant push blindly.

Sorry. Can't justify Target's selection of the apple devices. Sure, Target can supply ample devices, but do they actually *work?*

And, no they don't work -- certainly not well enough to be used as a core resource for 1/2 the team.

EXACTLY! My store was a test store for the My Devices. We saw all the problems that everyone has been experiencing since they went live for everyone. I find it hard to believe that Target didn't get at least some negative feedback on these POS's. I was talking to a SrTL at my store about the new stackers and this person told me that Target had received loads of negative feedback on them but decided to buy them anyway! So by buying cheap equipment that they know doesn't work all that well, corporate makes it difficult for all of it's stores to complete tasks that require using the sometimes sub-standard equipment that they provide.

Last edited:
EXACTLY! My store was a test store for the My Devices. We saw all the problems that everyone has been experiencing since they went live with everyone. I find it hard to believe that Target didn't get at leas some negative feedback on these POS's. I was talking to a SrTL at my store about the new stackers and this person told me that Target had received loads of negative feedback on them but decided to buy them anyway! So by buying cheap equipment that they know doesn't work all that well, corporate makes it difficult for all of it's stores to complete tasks that require using the sometimes sub-standard equipment that they provide.

What new stackers

Like, new pallet stackers for the backroom?

Couldn't help but realize how almost all of my answeres were disagree/disatisfied in regard to questions such as "I have the equipment to do quality work."

EDIT: By this please understand I mean AP equipment like quality cameras and merchandise protection, not myDevices and PDA's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back