Pricing and Presentation BTS Planning

Overnight?

• Total voters
Originally planned on going overnight but my SD back peddle and made the decision to start at the same time Inbound team is there so, oh well!!! I reserve the right to say, "Told you so!" We are so not set up for success! It's going to be a big SHIT show. And I'll be on the sidelines watching and eating my popcorn. 😂😂

Did u bribe someone or use vacation ? Sheesh .
A retail scheduled with Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday off, very rare.
You’re my hero.
Because I worked my 40 sun-Wednesday. 4 10 hour days to set bts.
I found one of the instruction packets from building the bins. It states 10 hours just for the 1 box for half of one pog. Someone said either here or the signing thread that it was only supposed to take 9 hours to build everything. That’s impossible as it was 20 hours just for college and wide ruled paper pogs.

With the time frame and intensity of the sets, who's planning to set overnight this year?
After setting during the day, the team starting at 6am we are absolutely going overnight for the next set. It’s hard setting when a guests keep asking us to scan clearance to see “if that’s really the price” foot traffic and trying to drop palettes in the backroom as inbound is unloading. Absolutely avoiding that nightmare for the next set.

We did a 4am start. Sun-Thurs.

I pretied on time. The beginning of the transition that arrived did not come with the T-locations on the pick labels. So sorting was a pain (I did the sort).

We were missing a pallet of shipper bins.

Clearance was heavy, but DM gave okay to sell at additional markdown to get it out.

Setting went smoothly, regardless. The issues were expected. I can't remember a set that didn't have issues. Just wish the DC and ISM delivery services were on the same page. 😐

This is the first time i'm setting BTS, with the help of my ETL. Are there any tips you guys can give? We have our backroom set and ready for BTS. We have 2 backroom aisles for carry forward items (mainly for cases), not including Stationary and Office. And we have 4 (or 5, can't remember) backroom aisles for non-carry forward. 4 - 4 foot sections for the top 50 items and a ton of space for cases, for sweeping back. Where do you guys start? Do you start setting when you have majority of the product in, or do you push it out as it comes? I'm pretty nervous for the set, but we will be working overnight thankfully so hopefully things go well.

Do you start setting when you have majority of the product in, or do you push it out as it comes? I'm pretty nervous for the set, but we will be working overnight thankfully so hopefully things go well.
Since I own seasonal I already ptm my sales floor and moved a lot of product to the back of the wall or forward to aisles that are empty . I start setting with the aisles that I already have most of the product for like the carry forward items . But since bts got pushed back you will have most of the freight soon. So my suggestion is that if you want to start ahead and your SD agrees with start with aisles you have product for that way your floor is not empty . My Sd is cool with me setting ahead but he is very anal if it’s empty and obviously you don’t want to start with aisles that are not above 90% because you would get in trouble if you start flexing on something just set .

This is the first time i'm setting BTS, with the help of my ETL. Are there any tips you guys can give? We have our backroom set and ready for BTS. We have 2 backroom aisles for carry forward items (mainly for cases), not including Stationary and Office. And we have 4 (or 5, can't remember) backroom aisles for non-carry forward. 4 - 4 foot sections for the top 50 items and a ton of space for cases, for sweeping back. Where do you guys start? Do you start setting when you have majority of the product in, or do you push it out as it comes? I'm pretty nervous for the set, but we will be working overnight thankfully so hopefully things go well.

- I recommend you start building the shippers before you start setting. For one person, it will take about 2 - 2 1/2 days if I remember correctly. You don't want to build it during the set, it will hold your team back.
- Partner with your PML to make sure he/she builds the gondolas according to the map beforehand.
- Try to free up as much openstock space in your office backroom aisle, we tend to box small large quantity items with SFS boxes and mark on the box how many each has.
- Pre-tie (don't backstock your transition stuff off the truck, big waste of time especially for BTS)

Last edited:
So we're supposed to be low-key setting BTS early as ODL sells down. Does this mean we can expect shippers to arrive early?

Last year they sent shippers 2 weeks prior to set date which gives us time to audit if were missing anything. But it's stupid because they either don't send it or by the time we receive it, it's too late.

It seems unrealistic to think of BTS when most schools haven't plan a plan for the fall
Out school districts made the plan to open august 19 . The kids will go to school in two sessions morning and afternoons to limit the students in the class

Im finishing this weeks workload overnight tonight then back to school hopefully tomorrow, although my sd changes plans every day so 🙃
Overnight? That’s nice . I finished domestics but my team starts at 4 am . Today we just worked on all the revisions , check lanes , towers and gift cards for this week .

EVERBODY: Don't forget to do your Pre-Ties for BTS, if you're setting week of July 5th. I was able to pre-tie, there are pogs available under Transitions and Revisions/Salesplans that can be pre-tied.

Overnight? That’s nice . I finished domestics but my team starts at 4 am . Today we just worked on all the revisions , check lanes , towers and gift cards for this week .
Yeah this is the last week of overnight unfortunately for us so we are trying to get as much set as possible. Me and my plano team have been in charge of setting all of the workload for gm tech market and beauty since going overnight in march, but its going back to the tls amd dbos for there areas next week

Back