Archived Bts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone in a store setting early? We are setting ours three weeks early for the first time this year. We recently changed to an all year school calendar. We set the week of June 22.

Does anyone know if hours get better during back to school? Our hours range from crappy to just OK right now.

BTS is nuts at my store. Not only are we an Island Target (The nearest other target is 1.5 hours away), but we are next door to a 25,000 Student school, where most of the students live far away from home.

My old store BTS (Well BTC in this case) was near a very large college campus. That two week period around move-in day and start of classes was nuts. 13-14 trucks a week when we normally took 7.

BTS is nuts at my store. Not only are we an Island Target (The nearest other target is 1.5 hours away), but we are next door to a 25,000 Student school, where most of the students live far away from home.

What's an Island Target?

What's an Island Target?
A whole Target island, duh! The only restaurants are Food Ave, a Starbucks and a Pizza Hut and they all close at 9 PM.

I'm just glad I'm not BR anymore. I hated seeing/backstocking 6 pallets full of BTS stuff every truck day, spending 2-3 hours pulling BTS in the early morning, and spending 20 minutes pulling BTS during Dayside. Nooooo thanks. Screw that.

Arizona by chance?

I doubt that. Arizona State is in the Phoenix metro area, which has about 15 Targets. University of Arizona is in the Tucson area, which has several Targets. The only other big university here is Northern Arizona up in Flagstaff, but even Flagstaff has several Targets.
I don't care that I basically gave away where I live because I don't work for Target anymore.

Arizona by chance?

I doubt that. Arizona State is in the Phoenix metro area, which has about 15 Targets. University of Arizona is in the Tucson area, which has several Targets. The only other big university here is Northern Arizona up in Flagstaff, but even Flagstaff has several Targets.
I don't care that I basically gave away where I live because I don't work for Target anymore.

Flagstaff has 1 Target.

Going through the prep for first time as Sales Floor TL. I'm kinda excited and a little scared at the same time as BTS is always crazy for us as there are a ton of elementary and middle schools near our store so we get a lot of k12 parents shopping the crap out of that area. I want everything to be perfect so here's hoping it goes well lol

If anyone has good ideas to share about helping things go smoothly I'd like to hear them.

Why is it that every year some of the teachers ask for some random weird things that no one can find anywhere?

It is, for Softlines. We call it "The Black Friday of Softlines, except it lasts two whole months, and don't even ask me about tax-free weekend."

Ugh, the tax-free weekend, what a joke. OH LOOK YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY ANYWHERE FROM 2.9% (COLORADO) TO 8.5% (OKALHOMA)

we have better sales all the rest of the year, jfc.

Why is it that every year some of the teachers ask for some random weird things that no one can find anywhere?

Why do teachers ask for things that you never use? I have never used a protractor or compass in my middle school math classes yet all the teachers asked for them.

And teachers need to stop asking for page protectors, like, what a waste.

And freaking glue sticks! Dear god nobody uses glue in middle school or high school, stop putting them on the list! The same for highlighters!

Highlighter I did use all the way through college, it helped me keep points straight.

What gets me is the demand for certain brands and how the parents flip if we are sold out of the pink pearl eraser as a example.. And last year it was graph paper composition notebooks. We got one case and the first person bought them all.. And every teacher wanted them..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back