Pricing and Presentation BTS2022

So, BTS was pushed up 3+ weeks from the original set week to 6/19. Then some suit in my district/group thought that wasn’t soon enough. So they told us to set it this week.

Mind you, the shipper pallets were adjusted up for the week of the 12th to be here for the set on the 19th. So, we’re setting, but have zero BP, shippers, graphics or headers to go with this push up date. Not to mention, we still have a ton of ODL DCode and clearance (that just dropped Tues).

It’s just getting everyone stressed out for nothing. There isn’t any transition freight to full half these pogs either.

not to mention the 50% stack out pallets we had of brightroom that are now in the steel again, not selling.

really going to lose sales this weekend because of this idiotic decision. But, guess since Target is losing money anyway what’s the difference, right?!

ugh. Corporate drones on their little ladders trying to make bold decisions that impact them little, but wreck a store in a single swipe.

So, BTS was pushed up 3+ weeks from the original set week to 6/19. Then some suit in my district/group thought that wasn’t soon enough. So they told us to set it this week.

Mind you, the shipper pallets were adjusted up for the week of the 12th to be here for the set on the 19th. So, we’re setting, but have zero BP, shippers, graphics or headers to go with this push up date. Not to mention, we still have a ton of ODL DCode and clearance (that just dropped Tues).

It’s just getting everyone stressed out for nothing. There isn’t any transition freight to full half these pogs either.

not to mention the 50% stack out pallets we had of brightroom that are now in the steel again, not selling.

really going to lose sales this weekend because of this idiotic decision. But, guess since Target is losing money anyway what’s the difference, right?!

ugh. Corporate drones on their little ladders trying to make bold decisions that impact them little, but wreck a store in a single swipe.
School is not even out for the summer yet! That's insane.

Back in the day we didn't even think about shopping for BTS until mid-August.

This is driving us crazy as we have regular set and the transition freight to go with it in kitchen, domestics and storage & utility. And, the DC decided to dump the warehouse out on us again this week. I've been scrambling to set kitchen way early so that we can get through domestics next week and start setting BTS. I set a BTC endcap when it was at 14% and I set Coffee/Hydration at 25%.

Meanwhile, the old stuff hasn't gone clearance so it's all just chilling in repacks in the back or tossed randomly on back endcaps. Freight? what's that? I got 700 cases of kitchen freight in 4 days this week. Inbounds started blitzing through it this morning because today's truck mercifully got cancelled by the DC. So I'm down to 4 overloaded flats, a U-boat of transition, and a flat plus a U-boat of backstock I have no idea where I'm going to put.

Home & Seasonal is in flames at my store, but let's start setting BTS next week and taking in that frieght. It's all good.

Oh, and I'm training a new TM who is supposed to be my replacement when I move to apparel. Welcome to Target. Buckle up!

This is driving us crazy as we have regular set and the transition freight to go with it in kitchen, domestics and storage & utility. And, the DC decided to dump the warehouse out on us again this week. I've been scrambling to set kitchen way early so that we can get through domestics next week and start setting BTS. I set a BTC endcap when it was at 14% and I set Coffee/Hydration at 25%.

Meanwhile, the old stuff hasn't gone clearance so it's all just chilling in repacks in the back or tossed randomly on back endcaps. Freight? what's that? I got 700 cases of kitchen freight in 4 days this week. Inbounds started blitzing through it this morning because today's truck mercifully got cancelled by the DC. So I'm down to 4 overloaded flats, a U-boat of transition, and a flat plus a U-boat of backstock I have no idea where I'm going to put.

Home & Seasonal is in flames at my store, but let's start setting BTS next week and taking in that frieght. It's all good.

Oh, and I'm training a new TM who is supposed to be my replacement when I move to apparel. Welcome to Target. Buckle up!
Moving from a dumpster fire to a forest fire. Goodluck though I've always enjoyed moving roles and learning new aspects of the store.

Moving from a dumpster fire to a forest fire. Goodluck though I've always enjoyed moving roles and learning new aspects of the store.

Thanks! I'm actually really excited about moving to apparel. And, nervous that I have no idea what I'm doing over there. But, our current SS-ETL and I used to joke about me moving there all the time back when she was just the Style TL years ago. Our former GM-ETL, whom I adore, would never let me spend even a second over there. She said, "I can't afford to let you even try it. I know you and you might like it too much. I need you on my team." But, since H&S got moved to specialty, I can just move on over.

But if we're setting early, that means our stores' leaders will happily allow us all the time and space we need to do the job accurately and thoroughly, attending to details and addressing potential problems as soon as we discover them, right? You know, put the "presentation" in "presentation team?"

Yes, but please make sure EVERYTHING is 100% complete by EOD Thursday. OR ELSE. 🙄🤣🤣🤣

We are going overnight to set. Not going to make it any less of a shit show though.

School is not even out for the summer yet! That's insane.

Back in the day we didn't even think about shopping for BTS until mid-August.
School in my area gets out in May and STARTS THE LAST WEEK OF JULY. Dead serious. We have a 9 weeks on, 2 weeks off schedule for each quarter. With an 8 week summer.
With all the colleges doing a normal college schedule we have Bts set with what seems like forever!

We are approved to set early at the stores discretion, basically if you have the product or not. We have sold through 95% of ODL several weeks ago after the DC pushed to clear out inventory. During those weeks we rotated pallets almost daily of items on sale to clear excess inventory from pushes. This past week the PML set the gondolas and we have been using the aisles making 4 foot statements keeping things themed together for excess storage bins, kitchen appliances, fans, domestics, and sporting goods. Basically we are using this as a flex space for any excess product that is on sale to clear it out ASAP. We recently went through 4 trucks in two days that contained over 1000 cartons for each department domestics, kitchen, and storage. Even if we didn't have the BTS/BTC items to fill the shelf, it was nice to move gondolas and utilize that space for any bulk items. Our DSD is very down to earth and understands the backroom constraints and wants us to fill the floor with what we got in steel/bulk pushes from the DC until the actual set week. This has kept our steel very open this summer.

But if we're setting early, that means our stores' leaders will happily allow us all the time and space we need to do the job accurately and thoroughly, attending to details and addressing potential problems as soon as we discover them, right? You know, put the "presentation" in "presentation team?"
I can’t speak for other store teams, but the only pain about setting BTS is how shipper dependent it is. You’ll certainly have a shit show on your hands if you set and fill without shippers (I learned that one the hard way a few years ago).

So roughly 50% of the BTS pogs need them. Folders, notebooks, Journals and the bins. Essentially, your gateway space. Everything else is pegged or just uses your basic wire/magnet dividers. Backpacks on 16” chrome pegs or soft lines fixturing (puck ends/face outs) which is useful when Halloween sets.

I wish there were a more permanent fixturing setup instead of the shippers (they work well why not invest in something reuseable?) I try to hang on to them after the set for use in Stat, but they get beat to hell pretty quickly over the 3 month run.

I think a lot of store issues would be resolved if the DC would adhere to the schedule. But corp seems to run DC on a different calendar guideline unrelated to whatever stores are doing.

I can’t speak for other store teams, but the only pain about setting BTS is how shipper dependent it is. You’ll certainly have a shit show on your hands if you set and fill without shippers (I learned that one the hard way a few years ago).

So roughly 50% of the BTS pogs need them. Folders, notebooks, Journals and the bins. Essentially, your gateway space. Everything else is pegged or just uses your basic wire/magnet dividers. Backpacks on 16” chrome pegs or soft lines fixturing (puck ends/face outs) which is useful when Halloween sets.

I wish there were a more permanent fixturing setup instead of the shippers (they work well why not invest in something reuseable?) I try to hang on to them after the set for use in Stat, but they get beat to hell pretty quickly over the 3 month run.

I think a lot of store issues would be resolved if the DC would adhere to the schedule. But corp seems to run DC on a different calendar guideline unrelated to whatever stores are doing.
They won’t invest in something reusable because they don’t want to store it.

BTS start dropping this week. Hpw did we go from "we are setting early" to "man how come the DC is late??" 😅

BTS start dropping this week. Hpw did we go from "we are setting early" to "man how come the DC is late??" 😅
The DC will send when they send. Early or late. I have half a pallet of BTS trans. And 3 pallets of BTC trans (sets 7/17).

There once was talk that the schedule would be that the DC sends after a transition is set. That never really came to be. So we (stores) have to fight to get the work done early enough that it’s set before the DC decides to send.

My team does try to be ahead. It’s a struggle sometimes. Palletizing transition is a fool’s errand. It should go straight to the floor. Less touches and then its back stocked where Fulfillment can find it.

LOVE having things set early- truck to floor ! SAVES time both backstocking AND pulling transition !

If we only a places for the discontinued/clearance !

I would prefer a permanent store option end cap in each dept. sometimes it’s difficult to decide what NOT to set but I could ALWAYS EASILY FILL an endcap with excess something !

LOVE having things set early- truck to floor ! SAVES time both backstocking AND pulling transition !

If we only a places for the discontinued/clearance !

I would prefer a permanent store option end cap in each dept. sometimes it’s difficult to decide what NOT to set but I could ALWAYS EASILY FILL an endcap with excess something !
I normally ask for forgiveness and sell ODL clearance and discontinued bulky items at a deep discount the week before BTS sets. Anything that is leftover gets worked into the logo shop aisles since we normally set logo shop in style.

Yes, but please make sure EVERYTHING is 100% complete by EOD Thursday. OR ELSE. 🙄🤣🤣🤣

We are going overnight to set. Not going to make it any less of a shit show though.
Damn! You got til Thursday??
We were told everything is to be 100% by EOD the 21st. And send pics.

Damn! You got til Thursday??
We were told everything is to be 100% by EOD the 21st. And send pics.

Fuck, I'm sorry. I'll take my 4 days and count them a blessing.

We are going to try to set some this week to get a head start. PML building a couple gondolas tomorrow. Nearby store already has almost all of BTS set, 100% empty with no ISM or shippers yet but it's ready to go when it arrives. Not really sure if they actually sold their all of their ODL or if they just made it disappear.

We are going to try to set some this week to get a head start. PML building a couple gondolas tomorrow. Nearby store already has almost all of BTS set, 100% empty with no ISM or shippers yet but it's ready to go when it arrives. Not really sure if they actually sold their all of their ODL or if they just made it
I have a very small team. There's 3 of us. So 2 of us condensed as much ODL as possible. The 3rd worked with our PML and got most of the gondolas done. Tomorrow, hopefully, the gondola building will be done and some place will be found for bright day. And hopefully, all the shippers come in so we can build those Wednesday. As long as there are no major changes, we should make it.
The real fun thing...I have 3 extra people on the 22nd to help with setting and pushing. 🤦‍♀️

We are going to try to set some this week to get a head start. PML building a couple gondolas tomorrow. Nearby store already has almost all of BTS set, 100% empty with no ISM or shippers yet but it's ready to go when it arrives. Not really sure if they actually sold their all of their ODL or if they just made it disappear.

Still have lots of ODL stuff. What to do with them??? o_O

I think 1 aisle of seasonal should always be a clearance valley like at Walmart. And no clearance stays in the dept unless all sales plans are set and there are extra endcaps.

I have a very small team. There's 3 of us. So 2 of us condensed as much ODL as possible. The 3rd worked with our PML and got most of the gondolas done. Tomorrow, hopefully, the gondola building will be done and some place will be found for bright day. And hopefully, all the shippers come in so we can build those Wednesday. As long as there are no major changes, we should make it.
The real fun thing...I have 3 extra people on the 22nd to help with setting and pushing. 🤦‍♀️

My team is only 3 as well. Our PML usually gets gondolas up solo, only occasionally needs someone to hold something for a minute while he attached another piece.

I think 1 aisle of seasonal should always be a clearance valley like at Walmart. And no clearance stays in the dept unless all sales plans are set and there are extra endcaps.

We have 6 freebie endcaps in my store that never have a salesplan. They all did at one point and slowly just dropped off never getting a replacement. Makes it a bit easier when setting in those areas to have a guaranteed space for clearance.

Back