Archived Building team

Status
Not open for further replies.
So half my team has either quit or put in their two weeks. Some have even stormed out of the store and never came back. All this happened this past weekend of course my off weekend. HR said they might add to the number were hiring for seasonal but she thinks we will be fine. However I'm nervous heading into the first Christmas season as a team lead with an entirely new team and a small team at that. Advice?

Hang in there, it'll be alright. Get to know your team so you can all stay on the same page, and work with your ETLs and fellow TLs so you can see how they're approaching the situation.

Don't panic! Good new hires are hard to find. Be proactive & partnered with etl's, tl's, & seasoned tm's to help you in this quest. We had 10 call out on saturday. I know your pain.
Communication is the key to keep a good team at night.

Don't panic! Good new hires are hard to find. Be proactive & partnered with etl's, tl's, & seasoned tm's to help you in this quest. We had 10 call out on saturday. I know your pain.

AMEN! You got this!! 4th quarter here we come!

Most of the other tl's and etl's in the buildin are super most responses to any question I have result in a idk don't you have carpet to step on? Lame we kind of get ignored. But he new food etl, my etl and my old Tl now the overnight etl are very useful gave me some advice and I have a Softlines Tl busy at another store that I look to for advice when I'm stumped so I'm feeling a little more confendent. Thanks for the encouragement guys! Just what I needed after midterms and losing most of my team :)

I am not afraid of touching the carpet, my hl Team helps out by folding tables & zoning baby gandolas when the sl team needs it.

I am not afraid of touching the carpet, my hl Team helps out by folding tables & zoning baby gandolas when the sl team needs it.

So your moving to Chicago and transferring to my store right? Because this would be awesome as were getting closer to the 25% mark of the stores sales (it's our goal) the zone is harder to keep up with there have been night were hardlines leaves us and rtw is still rough. There was onetime I asked for help from a hl Tl and he laughed at me and dismissed his team the closing Lod didn't seam to care. Both are no longer with target as of this week

Another hard commute for me! Here is your big chance To change the hl mindset, talk to your etl & other sl tl's. Tell them that hl & lod arent helping you close at night. See what they say? Offer to help hl, if your sl team is done. Ask hltl or lod early in the night, if you know, you need help zoning. Another source of help is, front end! Ask Gstl/GSA for help in folding tables across from the front lanes. Then ask for cashier to help zone or cover the phones while your sl tm(operator) goes zone or does reshop. Me & my team do the zone, rack alignments, finger space thing, fold tables, etc. So that, your sl folks can do sl reshop. We suck at that! Our biggest laughs happen when we are trying do the panties tables(hl Guys & ladies).
This is one way, to make everyone "global" on the salesfloor.

Last edited:
Definitely don't panic!! As a team leader you are expected to be resilient and adaptable, which means in situations just like the one you are in, you need to keep a level head, stay positive, and lead the team's attitude through this difficult situation! If you show you are worried, your team will get worried, and that is never a good thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back