Archived Burnout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering how you folks deal with burnout. I took a week and a half off for vacation, with my first day back being today, in hopes of reinvigorating myself and my job... but it's just the same old, same old. The ETLs seem unwilling to promote or cross-train me, even though I've never gotten below an EX on any of my reviews, and I get scheduled for as many hours as they can legally give me without getting overtime.

I know it seems kind of petty to complain about 38-40 hour work weeks here with many seeing their hours cut, but the little progress I have made the past couple of years been draining my enthusiasm for my job.

For anyone who's ever been in a similar situation, what did you do to pep yourself up, or how did you move on from retail?

Not allot you can do, Vacations I've learned a long time ago just delay the pain. Best way to deal with the burnout is to spend time looking for a new job.

I am not sure what section you are in. Challegene yourself! to maintain a section to pog, help your tl's with some salesplanners & keep them full to drive sales, do clearance end caps, & be creative with ptm/mpg aisles. Your tl's would love the help & should notice that you want to learn something new.

Try to learn some new things, that usually helps.

Practical jokes are always great ways to stay sane.

Just wondering how you folks deal with burnout. I took a week and a half off for vacation, with my first day back being today, in hopes of reinvigorating myself and my job... but it's just the same old, same old. The ETLs seem unwilling to promote or cross-train me, even though I've never gotten below an EX on any of my reviews, and I get scheduled for as many hours as they can legally give me without getting overtime.

I know it seems kind of petty to complain about 38-40 hour work weeks here with many seeing their hours cut, but the little progress I have made the past couple of years been draining my enthusiasm for my job.

For anyone who's ever been in a similar situation, what did you do to pep yourself up, or how did you move on from retail?
My solution was to go hiking whenever I could. This helped me relive a lot of stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back