Archived Buying stuff off the clock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumour has it that we had people waiting outside the store last night at close for the fucking things.

Posting from work :eek:

We had people camp out since 10pm last night. We limited two items per guest, they were pissed.

We're all sold out now, an hour after opening.

When I walked out to hand tickets and explain the policy there was an outrage "we've been waiting 15 hours we were told we could get one of each" I'm like well I'm sorry our ad states limit two "BUT TWITTER TOLD ME I COULD GET ONE OF EACH" ..... What??!!

Aye we had told guests at my store 1 per character and then I was told this morning before we started handing out tickets that it was 1 per character 2 total amiibo. Only one guest was mad though most were understanding.

Posting from work :eek:

We had people camp out since 10pm last night. We limited two items per guest, they were pissed.

We're all sold out now, an hour after opening.
Wow, you guys were out an hour after? We barely made it 30 minutes

It's one per character in my store so they can buy a total of 5 Amiibos as long as one per character.

We almost had a problem with the Splatoon game. There's a water gun that's free when you buy the game. The game and figures came in FedEx yesterday but the water guns came in from today's truck. Luckily I was able to figure out where it was

We almost had a problem with the Splatoon game. There's a water gun that's free when you buy the game. The game and figures came in FedEx yesterday but the water guns came in from today's truck. Luckily I was able to figure out where it was
I was not so lucky. I checked the security list yesterday to ensure it was coming on the truck, but where it went from there I do not know. I was assuming it would either be in the security repacks or at least make it to the vehicle we put electronics on, but it was not in either location.

I had to tell guests we could not find them and to call later for confirmation before returning with their receipts for their free water gun.

I had no idea what the water gun was even for, no idea about the "free with purchase". It wasn't tied to any location, I just printed up some labels and stuck them on the endcap with the games. We didn't sell a lot of the games. We also didn't have anyone scheduled in elec till noon, so it was the GSTL and me.

@CashMonkey we had half of the Splatoon characters (singles), maybe 5 jigglypuff and a Pac-Man at 30 minutes.

@Leonhart621 that's exactly how it should have been stated in the ad, or to our TMs. Would have made it a little bit easier.

I just hope they don't keep this policy when the new limited edition Chobanis hit the shelf. Word on the street is they might bring back Apple Cinnamon!

To hell with Chobani. I want my Yoplait Blackberry Harvest

Wow. You all have crazy strict stores. My store is a free for all when it comes to TMs buying and holding stuff. For a long time we had a TM who would hold clearance stuff she found on the clock for weeks on end waiting for it to go to a lower clearance price before buying it. And no one ever said a word to her about it.

But interestingly enough, for about the past month, the only stuff she has put aside to buy has all been full price stuff...so I don't know if they reigned her in, or what...but of course that doesn't stop other TMs and TLs from finding clearance stuff on the clock and stashing it to buy later.
That TM would be termed at both my stores. We're so strict that TMs can't purchase clearance items outside of store hours. For example, flow has a break before the store opens, but cannot purchase any clearance item until 8 o'clock.

When I got to work at around 4:20AM, I saw a three or four people camped out for whatever was going on sale this morning. At first, I thought it was some homeless folks camped out, but when I got close to the door, it dawned on me what they were there for (listening to their conversation and myself finally waking up).

I had to go in at 6 to work the P-Fresh truck and there was a group of 3 or 4 waiting outside. From what I heard, the group got much bigger closer to opening.

Aftermath incase anyone wants to know.

My STL was firm on his stance that i had to wait. So i recruited some friends to purchases for me. The 2 amiibo limit really sucked. I planned to buy 6 amiibos, but only got half of what i wanted. Ah well.

Aftermath incase anyone wants to know.

My STL was firm on his stance that i had to wait. So i recruited some friends to purchases for me. The 2 amiibo limit really sucked. I planned to buy 6 amiibos, but only got half of what i wanted. Ah well.

6 of the same Amiibo?

Doesn't make sense why you have to wait when you're not even working.

The Amibos have been a siren call to team members. I can't be specific, but over the last year, tm's have been put on final warnings and even fired for buying them, holding them, or hiding them.

Which I just don't get. Aren't they just toys?

It's a very hot item. Some characters are very limited that theyll only be released once.

That TM would be termed at both my stores. We're so strict that TMs can't purchase clearance items outside of store hours. For example, flow has a break before the store opens, but cannot purchase any clearance item until 8 o'clock.

That's dumb. you would think they'd want to get rid of as much clearance as possible.

I just don't get it. We haven't sold a Wii U in months. Are people buying these things to play with? What a bunch of losers.

I just don't get it. We haven't sold a Wii U in months. Are people buying these things to play with? What a bunch of losers.

Resale is the most likely one. Or people just like collecting them. There aren't very many Nintendo character toys. The ones that do exist that aren't mass retail (Link, Samus) can go for a pretty penny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back