Archived By the book ETL

Status
Not open for further replies.

NKG

Nkg
Any advice on how to handle a "by the book" ETL?

Wait until modernization hits your store really. They changed it so that only your ETL (Leader) can coach / cca you, because of that ETL's (Leaders) pretty much do not give a shit what's going on outside of their department to a certain extent.

If it's your ETL, then you can't really do anything unfortunately lol.

I'm not having performance issues but literally there's no short cuts to get work done.

Let me ask this-

What kinds of short cuts does everyone take?

Sales planners, pushing truck, CAFS???

WE could tell you, but...
aaf_shifty.gif

I have my team do my node VMGs and Beauty/HBA SPLs which takes a load off my plate. My other departments, I’ll tie them off and complete some the next time I’m working and can’t complete them all.
CAFs- haven’t done a caf in a year so there’s that shortcut.
Truck-we sometimes have a pre-mod midday in dry pushing 10-15 vehicles of market push.

In my experience, doing EVERYTHING by the book is the best way to get management to STOP doing everything by the book.

What is conceived at HQ rarely works 100% of the time in every single store, because the number of hours allotted are never enough to get tasks even close to complete. Smart STLs and ETLs learn when to follow the book and when to take shortcuts. Those that are not smart won't be with the company for long.

So, start doing everything by the book and see where your ETL is on that scale.

I am behind 2 trucks and my ETL refuses to let me have a food huddle. Even their peers don't understand the thought process. So if I get coached out of this crap, I'm transferring stores. I set my workcenter up for success until my new ETL came along.

In my experience, doing EVERYTHING by the book is the best way to get management to STOP doing everything by the book.

What is conceived at HQ rarely works 100% of the time in every single store, because the number of hours allotted are never enough to get tasks even close to complete. Smart STLs and ETLs learn when to follow the book and when to take shortcuts. Those that are not smart won't be with the company for long.

So, start doing everything by the book and see where your ETL is on that scale.

I've found the same thing.
If you FIFO, unload the truck exactly to specs, follow the rules exactly to the letter, and make sure everyone does the same way, everything will come to a grinding halt.
There is a union term for this, BTB Slow Down.
There is technically nothing the bosses can say, since you can point to the rules you are following and if they want you to break those rules, well....

Last edited:
I am behind 2 trucks and my ETL refuses to let me have a food huddle. Even their peers don't understand the thought process. So if I get coached out of this crap, I'm transferring stores. I set my workcenter up for success until my new ETL came along.
If you get coached you can’t transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back