Archived Bye bye Cartwheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsa4lyfe

Always here
I heard from my SD who was told by our GVP that with the chain wide rollout of target circle next month, cartwheel is going away and will move toward more “just for you” style cartwheel based off what you buy. I kind of hope this is true

Last edited:
Target circle would be the new discount program. I believe it’s 1% back on a gift card, correct?

So 1% on a Target gift card vs the current 5% to 25/30% that stays in your checking account in the first place.

So less back and in funds that can only go towards Target purchases. No savings really since the funds can't be spent elsewhere, the funds are locked up and you have to spend more at Target to use that gift card.

And this is better how?

Why do you hope it's true? Losing cartwheel discounts other than the small list of exclusives sounds sounds yucky to me. Why bother shopping there without discounts?
Target circle would be the new discount program. I believe it’s 1% back on a gift card, correct?
Yes target circle is 1% back on anything you buy that just adds up onto your card and can be used as a gift card whenever you want. Also I don’t use it that much so for me it’s more of a problem than a solution. No more “it’s supposed to be on sale” “My cartwheel didn’t come off” and such. Youre not going to save as much on some small things but think about all the stuff you buy that doesn’t have a cartwheel or at least think about the average consumer. The markets they tested it in use circle way more than cartwheel so I assume they’ve done their research but then again it is target so who knows

1%???

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That's not even worth pulling out your phone for scanning.

Did the pilot markets for this get rid of Cartwheel while in the testing phase? How did that go over?

Also, basing it just on my purchases gives no incentive for impulse buys. Sometimes I'll see something new on Cartwheel that I've never tried and because of the Cartwheel discount have bought it and given it a go.

1%???

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That's not even worth pulling out your phone for scanning.

Did the pilot markets for this get rid of Cartwheel while in the testing phase? How did that go over?

Also, basing it just on my purchases gives no incentive for impulse buys. Sometimes I'll see something new on Cartwheel that I've never tried and because of the Cartwheel discount have bought it and given it a go.
Yeah again this isn’t 100% just what my GVP is saying so who knows. Also I guess I just don’t use cartwheel enough but I can see the people who come to target just to use their cartwheel being pissed. Also maybe they’ll have a lot of the just for you deals. Only downside I can see is you can’t earn the 1% when you pay with a red card. It’s marketed more towards the people without red cards

Too bad if it's true. Cartwheel legit increases sales, IMO. People will try something new if they think they are getting a better price for it and may be return shoppers for the items. Additional % off of clearance is huge...and helpful to us in minimizing what could be a loss instead of a sale. Hearth and hand, a good seller at our store, has a cartwheel on clearance right now and the little clearance I have moved almost immediately. What's left is the stuff that doesn't scream Chip and Joanna or never sold from the get go for a variety of reasons.

Yeah again this isn’t 100% just what my GVP is saying so who knows. Also I guess I just don’t use cartwheel enough but I can see the people who come to target just to use their cartwheel being pissed. Also maybe they’ll have a lot of the just for you deals. Only downside I can see is you can’t earn the 1% when you pay with a red card. It’s marketed more towards the people without red cards

That's a flaw right there. You can only save that 1% or whatever if you DON'T use the card we've been pressuring you for years to get. Maybe I'm not understanding it.

That's a flaw right there. You can only save that 1% or whatever if you DON'T use the card we've been pressuring you for years to get. Maybe I'm not understanding it.
When it first launched it was to reach the people that don’t have a red card. It’s to get everyone a part of a loyalty program

Oh great... yet another addition to scan that might not work, I hope they are ready to roll it out because target app, redcards not working, cartwheel not loading ... guests are already fuming.

Oh great... yet another addition to scan that might not work, I hope they are ready to roll it out because target app, redcards not working, cartwheel not loading ... guests are already fuming.
I’ve had it for a few months and never had an issue. It auto works for online purchases and you can scan a receipt if you forget to scan your app at purchase. Actually a lot more reliable than cartwheel

That's happened to me several times, I grabbed something because of a cartwheel discount. Usually a decent priced item.

Yes target circle is 1% back on anything you buy that just adds up onto your card and can be used as a gift card whenever you want. Also I don’t use it that much so for me it’s more of a problem than a solution. No more “it’s supposed to be on sale” “My cartwheel didn’t come off” and such. Youre not going to save as much on some small things but think about all the stuff you buy that doesn’t have a cartwheel or at least think about the average consumer. The markets they tested it in use circle way more than cartwheel so I assume they’ve done their research but then again it is target so who knows
I tend to agree. I haven't had a decent Cartwheel discount on anything I've bought in a while. Most things I scan, nada.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back