Archived Guest Advocate emails going bye-bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

starmaster1000

Master NCR Torture Device Operator
Just when I was feeling cool af 😎 with my own @Target.com email, corporate is like nahhh bruh, go away.

Looks like we're losing access over the weekend.

Anyone know why? Is a Microsoft Office 365 license that expensive for us? Don't we still need one for Workbench since it's SharePoint?🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

You can sign into Workbench with your TM number@target.com. I can't imagine why a GA would need an email address, there's nothing I'd send my advocates that I can't just tell them in the 60 second status at the start of their shifts. Plus, nowhere near enough computers for all of the advocates to try and check their empty inboxes, what with all the ETLs, TLs, and HR experts who use them regularly.

You can sign into Workbench with your TM number@target.com. I can't imagine why a GA would need an email address, there's nothing I'd send my advocates that I can't just tell them in the 60 second status at the start of their shifts. Plus, nowhere near enough computers for all of the advocates to try and check their empty inboxes, what with all the ETLs, TLs, and HR experts who use them regularly.
Eventually the HR expert will go away. They just review applications and punch corrections these days.

Eventually the HR expert will go away. They just review applications and punch corrections these days.

Tell that to my ETL-HR, who has literally 4 HR experts (granted 2 only work one day a week) and insists that they have sooooo much work to do every day that they can't possibly back up at the lanes. I was HR for 3 years, I'm like "bitch, where???"

If I had a nickel for every past declaration that HR is going away. There’s far more that HR Experts do besides punch corrections and reviewing applications, just like the good team members in any position who own their role. Mine backs up the lanes or pushes truck even when really needed, but they have enough work load in HR that isn’t easily dismissed as not being important to the business in aspects that aren’t as visibly obvious as zoning a shelf or ringing up a guest.

If I had a nickel for every past declaration that HR is going away. There’s far more that HR Experts do besides punch corrections and reviewing applications, just like the good team members in any position who own their role. Mine backs up the lanes or pushes truck even when really needed, but they have enough work load in HR that isn’t easily dismissed as not being important to the business in aspects that aren’t as visibly obvious as zoning a shelf or ringing up a guest.
🙄

If they back up cashier and push then they must not have alot of work. Just saying 💁‍♀️

If they back up cashier and push then they must not have alot of work. Just saying 💁‍♀️
Maybe some of their work is less time sensitive? Maybe running particular reports can wait until a crowd is cleared? Maybe updating an attendance tracker can wait until tomorrow? Perhaps it’s a skeleton crew due to call offs and pulling the two people on the floor means our guests won’t receive their warm greeting.

There are a lot of things going on all the time and everyone has to prioritize. Even HR.

I am going to defend a Target decision, for once (pls don't hate me)

An Office 365 license costs $5 a month. I am sure Target has some bulk deal so lets say its only $2.50 a month. We have an estimated 360,000 employees. Lets say only 100,000 are GAs (although its probably more). That is $250,000 a month they are spending on email accounts that GAs don't really need that much. They can still access workbench without one.

Now I am curious to see what will happen to mine. I was coded as a GA when they got emails, but I am now coded as GM. I wonder if mine will go away. I guess time will tell.

i don’t send any of my guest advocates emails ever. the only people who might have a case for email is cash office. email is honestly the least efficient way to communicate with the front end team

I don't think everyone needs an email, but it stupifies me that we don't have a simple messaging system on our devices to facilitate communication between TMs/TLs who don't always work at the same time. For example, AP could send a quick message to all guest advocates and electronics TMs about a new scam to be aware of. It would make sure that everyone gets the information. Or anything else that it would be nice to communicate across shifts. The current way of doing it: telling a TL, hoping they remember to put it in an email, hoping that the email recipient reads the message and hoping it gets to the appropriate party; isn't exactly efficient.

I don't think everyone needs an email, but it stupifies me that we don't have a simple messaging system on our devices to facilitate communication between TMs/TLs who don't always work at the same time. For example, AP could send a quick message to all guest advocates and electronics TMs about a new scam to be aware of. It would make sure that everyone gets the information. Or anything else that it would be nice to communicate across shifts. The current way of doing it: telling a TL, hoping they remember to put it in an email, hoping that the email recipient reads the message and hoping it gets to the appropriate party; isn't exactly efficient.
In new POS advocates should be able to open Workbench and view stores weeklys and other important messages. It'd be cool if they allowed leaders to put messages on it.

really wish they could let cash office keep them. i received emails, but never sent any out as GSA. i liked staying in the loop, but it wasn’t necessary and hard to find time to check them anyway. more often than not my GSTL would communicate it with me personally before i even had a chance to check.

but with cash office, i have had to (and did today) have to email sales audit about something. it’ll be annoying to track a leader down to do it especially since i’ll probably have to write it out on loose leaf and have them type it... just seems counterproductive. although, i guess i should just keep hoping that people stop making glaring errors in the cash office! then i won’t have to email!

i don’t send any of my guest advocates emails ever. the only people who might have a case for email is cash office. email is honestly the least efficient way to communicate with the front end team
And if you want to be specific really only TLs should be doing cash office now anyway and they already have email

why should only TLs be doing cash office

i’m curious as to your thinking there
It was the direction given from HQ when we switched to the cash recycler. Also the cash office position went away forever ago and was technically only supposed to be done by GSAs and TLs and now that GSAs are gone... not really my thinking just what I was told

It was the direction given from HQ when we switched to the cash recycler. Also the cash office position went away forever ago and was technically only supposed to be done by GSAs and TLs and now that GSAs are gone... not really my thinking just what I was told

“guest advocates should be the only team members working in the cash office”

straight from workbench :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back