Archived Bye bye Cartwheel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that with cartwheel I can essentially get 5% off almost all market pantry and up and up. And I too am confused how they’re gonna break this to redcard holders, unless they make the 1% available to everyone.

1% also isn’t a very high number. I agree with other people, it should just be like a grocery store where the deals auto apply.

I love that with cartwheel I can essentially get 5% off almost all market pantry and up and up. And I too am confused how they’re gonna break this to redcard holders, unless they make the 1% available to everyone.

1% also isn’t a very high number. I agree with other people, it should just be like a grocery store where the deals auto apply.

It's funny they could have gone with 1.5% and it wouldn't have been that much more but the psychological effect of there being two numbers instead of one would have made people happier.
Don't these people take marketing 101?

I wonder if they’ll make cartwheel deals redcard exclusive but auto apply when you pay with wallet/redcard. That would be interesting.

As a test store for Circle, we didn’t get rid of cartwheel while we were/are running Circle. If anything, Circle helps with Cartwheel engagement since your Wallet barcode ties both together on a single barcode. The GVP might have better info but I’m taking this with a big grain of salt.

Target has to try to entice two different markets. They need to have the financially well off Karen's, but they also need to bring in the people who are receiving food stamps, WIC, and SSI/social security. This 1% back will draw those people. They also fall in the category of people who are reluctant to get a red card.

So your stores aren’t forcing guests to either a) put in their phone number to sign up for Circle or b) press “no thanks, not today” before they can complete their sales transaction?

Because mine is and it sucks. A guest literally cannot pay without doing it.

Is it just a matter of pressing a single button to bypass/say no? That doesn't seem too much.

I can also see this new challenge coming up for the guests..... Guests already come up and ask if we can just enter a phone number to use their REDcard. Of course, you have to explain that REDcard isn't just a loyalty card but a payment card and we don't keep that type of info for security reasons... Most guests 'seem' to understand that, I've had a few get really frustrated and even heated after offering they come back same day with the card and receipt... So. My point. Now we will actually HAVE a loyalty program in addition to REDcard. How many people will think this will somehow tie the two together? I know there are other retailers who have a credit card and loyalty program, but the 'saving money, getting money back' sometimes makes people's brains melt and they somehow can't tell the difference. URGH.

And I was trying to math it out, 5% on a couple items off and pay full price for the rest or take 1% off across the transaction.... There's no logic there. You aren't 'saving' more. That's a penny every dollar. I spend 10 bucks, I get $.10 on a giftcard verses instant savings in my pocket (I saw someone already brought that up). People ALREADY get mad when you try to explain why their 'free' giftcard is being 'paid' for- essentially taking that $5 from the selected items and dumping it right back into Target for later use- so Target again is just finding ways to tie up the money and not really costing them a thing.

One thing I will say that I DO like about it- people who try and abuse Cartwheel and/or scam the hell out of it. You know the ones. And good riddance. They ruin a good thing.

1%???

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That's not even worth pulling out your phone for scanning.

Did the pilot markets for this get rid of Cartwheel while in the testing phase? How did that go over?

Also, basing it just on my purchases gives no incentive for impulse buys. Sometimes I'll see something new on Cartwheel that I've never tried and because of the Cartwheel discount have bought it and given it a go.
The pilot came to town long after I'd already left Spot, but my experience has been Cartwheel has been offered throughout the piot/"beta". I've been the poor cashiers in the stores in my area have to explain to folks that Circle and the red card can't be used together. The only use I've gotten out of Circle has been the birthday 5% off and dumping my charity votes into a STEM science center. I'd be mad they moved to only a 1% back system. Where's the Red card factor into all this?

(Also, hello again all!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back